Quit our jobs, sold our home and everything in it, gone riding... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quit our jobs, sold our home and everything in it, gone riding...

Repost from: http://www.RideDOT.com/rtw/3.html

map2-L.jpg

We had heard that the south shore of the St Lawrence River was a very picturesque place to ride around. We weren't disappointed!

DSCN9379-L.jpg

Riding around the Gaspe Peninsula

DSCN9278-L.jpg

Souvenir shop on the shores of Gaspe

We stopped in Rimouski to eat our lunch in a parking lot of a grocery store and we saw what looked to be a motorcycle school. We thought it was just a basic licensing course until they started doing stunts!

DSCN9256-L.jpg

I like their stunting gear...

DSC0015-L.jpg

Someone painted the rock in the waters outside Saint-Flavie like an Egyptian Pharoah
Aptly named, "Pharoah Rock"

There are a lot of Can-Am Spyders riding around the area. I counted, and every third motorcycle we passed was a Spyder. Maybe Bombardier was having a sale for the locals? It got so ridiculous, that when Neda passed a Spyder, instead of waving, she would do the Incey Wincey Spider motion with her hand. Got some puzzled looks from that one! :)

perce-L.jpg

Big rock at Perce. We would ride around the coast and walk around the strait in about 20 minutes.

divebomb-L.jpg

Cormorants dive-bombing the water for fish

perce3-L.jpg

It was close to low tide, as the waters were low enough for you to walk to the rock.
If you waited there till high tide, you'd be stranded!

perce2-L.jpg

Walking around Perce

DSC0110-L.jpg

Neda and Kim Jong-Il posing in front of the big rock at Perce

gaspe-L.jpg

Coastline at the Gaspe peninsula.

stretch-L.jpg

Big stretch break for the GS and Neda

We ended up staying at Forillon National Park, but arrived too late in the evening to do any hiking after fumbling with our tent in the dark. Spectacular scenery off the cliffs of Gaspe, though!

subscribed. im already in love with this thread, and you guys only have put up 3 posts. ill be taking a look at your blog everyday at work. safe travels!

amazing simply amazing and i'm betting you 2 will never regret this decision!!! Godd on you both!!!!! Gary

Thank you both for sharing your adventure through your blog. We will all be living vicariously through you.

My hat is off to you !!!

[h=1]“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”[/h]

Simply Awesome...no words to describe it...it's all been said...good luck and safe journey, we'll be living vicariously through your eyes, i'm very envious..
:notworthy:
:notworthy:

Hey my old city! hope you liked it!

you gotta have poutine! tons of it! :D

if you get bacl in the province of quebec and want to carry some different alcohol get 'Sortilege' or 'Gelinotte'
They're maple whiskeys (1st one is slightly harsher than the 2nd)
Findable in most SAQ (equivalent of LCBO)
Enjoy!

I am so green with envy. You have inspired me to do something more with my life. Best of luck on your journeys. I look forward to see where you are going/have been.

Cheers and ride safe!

I should of took you up on the offer Gene, so much better than sitting in my damn office! :). The pics&descriptions are great, keep em coming. Maybe, they'll have a Menchies in Tierra del Fuego by the time you guys get there :)

Stay safe and have fun.
-a

Awesome to see the blog up! Definitely gonna follow your trip through it...vicariously =) Ride safe have fun, we miss you!

Subscribed!

You guys are my heroes!

Wait until you hit the first place without ice cream, then you'll run back home crying!!!

(J/K, hope you have a blast and a half)

Last edited:
Wow ... and I already thought Gene did a lot of touring! Enjoy the ride and keep us up to date!

VINCENT: So if you're quitting the life, what'll you do?
JULES: That's what I've been sitting here contemplating. First, I'm gonna deliver this case to Marsellus. Then, basically, I'm gonna walk the earth.
VINCENT: What do you mean, walk the earth?
JULES: You know, like Caine in "KUNG FU." Just walk from town to town, meet people, get in adventures.
VINCENT: How long do you intend to walk the earth?
JULES: Until God puts me where he wants me to be.
VINCENT: What if he never does?
JULES: If it takes forever, I'll wait forever.
VINCENT: So you decided to be a bum?
JULES: I'll just be Jules, Vincent -- no more, no less.
VINCENT: No Jules, you're gonna be like those pieces of **** out there who beg for change. They walk around like a bunch of ******* zombies, they sleep in garbage bins, they eat what I throw away, and dogs piss on 'em. They got a word for 'em, they're called bums. And without a job, residence, or legal tender, that's what you're gonna be -- a ******* bum!

This post reminded me of that portion of the movie.

Good luck to you both, it'll be interesting to see what happens when the journey runs into the challenges of everyday life i.e. lack of money, wanting to rejoin the workforce (if ever), etc.

Back
Top Bottom