Anyone using Plasti-dip???? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone using Plasti-dip????

GP_RZ

Just wondering who else is using plasti-dip? I did the frame on my 929rr tonight, will be doing heel guards and swing arm on the weekend, I also did the front and rear bumpers and chrome grill trim with plasti-dip on my sierra.

cimg0565r.jpg

cimg0566s.jpg

cimg0560q.jpg

cimg0556n.jpg

I've used it on my car front bumper as well, great stuff. My recommendation is do a lot of thin coats, holds up amazingly then.

^^^^^ that and will be easier to peel off if you want to redo it

I say use a clear coat. Did my rims for my car and didn't use a clear coat. It became a dirt magnet cuz of the rubberized surface

I've been thinking of this for my grill (and maybe badges) which is, for the most part, blacked out.

Just wondering who else is using plasti-dip? I did the frame on my 929rr tonight, will be doing heel guards and swing arm on the weekend, I also did the front and rear bumpers and chrome grill trim with plasti-dip on my sierra.

cimg0565r.jpg

cimg0566s.jpg

Im interested to see how this holds up with the Heat around the engine.

i coated my frame sliders, cause they were an ugly grey colour. I'd do the whole bike tho just for ***** n giggles.

Plasti-dip can withstand heat up to 312 degrees F , so I dont think it will be a problem

Interesting. Any upclose pictures? Particularly of the edges? Did you remove anything aside from the fairings, or just tape down everything else?

Im interested to see how this holds up with the Heat around the engine.

I'm pretty sure the stator covers on the stock Ninja 650r's are plasti-dipped, meaning it's probably going to be ok for high temperature usage.

Interesting. Any upclose pictures? Particularly of the edges? Did you remove anything aside from the fairings, or just tape down everything else?

Here are a few pics I just snapped, I did the plasti-dip to see how it looks, yes I just took off fairings and taped off things and shoves in some paper so not to get over spray. I did not want to paint as I would not be able to peel it off, I will be doing full powder coating over the winter, for more durability.

cimg0572x.jpg

cimg0569i.jpg

cimg0570j.jpg

cimg0571v.jpg

I used it on my rear rim, my next time will definitely have to be thinner coats but it still came out pretty good but will definitely will have to try the clear coat option recommended above.

I've used it, it comes in different colours too, some car mod shops have them, as well as kijiji.
Only thing I don't like is the rubber feel on it. But I guess it's like that to peel off after.
If you're planning to protect your fairings, I've seen people use it.
I tell them just go with vinyl wrapping instead.

Does this stuff come off easily? Was thinking of using it for my rims

Does this stuff come off easily? Was thinking of using it for my rims

Easily as removing it with hand? Yes.

It sticks on pretty good.
If you plan to use it on your rims, it's going to be rubbery and attract lots of dirt.
Best way to do it is to coat it after with the Plasti-dip gloss.

So this stuff comes in spray cans? I thought it was just a can that you literally dip tools into...

How does it compare to bedliner?

Back
Top Bottom