blackberry 10 | Page 76 | GTAMotorcycle.com

blackberry 10

seriously, if you really need and depend on GooglePlay services, you should really be looking at an Android phone.....

Thought I remembered this thread ongoing....I'm bored / frustrated with my Galaxy S4 and thinking of jumping to BB as I've had it before and enjoyed it (back to the Curve days) and thought about trying out the Z10/Z30 as they seem to be getting good reviews.

Any recommendations? Not a heavy app user but just want phone to work with emails/calls/browsing etc. S4 seems to be getting more and more buggy. Ideally would want unlocked even trade with my phone so net $0 in the transaction.

Thought I remembered this thread ongoing....I'm bored / frustrated with my Galaxy S4 and thinking of jumping to BB as I've had it before and enjoyed it (back to the Curve days) and thought about trying out the Z10/Z30 as they seem to be getting good reviews.

Any recommendations? Not a heavy app user but just want phone to work with emails/calls/browsing etc. S4 seems to be getting more and more buggy. Ideally would want unlocked even trade with my phone so net $0 in the transaction.

The Z30 would be the way to go. Compare to the Z10, it has a larger screen, bigger battery, more RAM, etc.

2 years ago bought my wife's Z30 for $400, factory unlocked, world edition (pentaband phone).

These phones are great for emails, messaging, phone calls, browsing etc. This is not a good choice for snapchat, instagram, clans games, or anything that heavily requires Google Play services. This might change in the near future.

Anywhoo, you should be able to score a Z30 for a couple hundred bucks in new/near new condition. you're better selling your phone separately as you'll get more $$ for it.

It's not for everyone and this isn't the same OS as you've used on the Curve. It's a good device for getting things done, but it's boring if you're looking for a time waster/filler (games, social stuff). It does have integration and support for your facebook/twitter/foursquare etc. It will run MOST android apps out of the box (netflix, skype, etc).

There are expectations of new device releases in the coming months and that might cause some sales for the older stuff. The Z30 is a couple years old now, so most of the kinks have been worked out and it has the specs to still receive OS updates. Best part for travelling, just pop in a SIM card from anywhere and it works out of the gate. Expandable storage supports up to a 64GB microSD officially and I've had a 128GB card work (however it does take a while to search things so I wouldn't go past 64GB).

The camera's are decent and functional. Samsung and Apple have better camera's. It does the job.

Get the passport. None better.

Get the passport. None better.

If it wasn't the size of a passport....then maybe I'd consider it. However I think that the S4/Z30/5S is the max phone size I'm considering.

NFQ - Thanks. That's the info I was looking for.

If it wasn't the size of a passport....then maybe I'd consider it. However I think that the S4/Z30/5S is the max phone size I'm considering.

Lucky for you, shopblackberry.com is having a sale on the Z30, Z3 and Classic

Personally, I have done the full touch thing and have trouble giving up my keyboard. I'll be a customer as long as there is still a heartbeat in Waterloo

Sent from my Passport

Sunny beat me to it, there's a 20% off sale happening now.

Here's the pentaband (works on any provider, worldwide) Z30, unlocked brand new direct from Blackberry for $270:
http://shop.blackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_CA/pd/productID.298806900/categoryID.70217600

If anything, because it's already unlocked and works on any provider, it is easier to sell if you decide not to keep it.

Thanks guys. Will run to Best Buy and check it out in person but it's time for something new. Android is nice...but...just doesn't do it for me. 90% of the features I don't touch, or care for. Plus it's buggy as hell recently and not a big fan of that.

Anyone looking for an Unlocked Galaxy S4 + 2 batteries + charge case + regular case :)

The pricing is on par with the Galaxy 6 Edge.

But no matter, if this doesn't sell well, it's the end of BlackBerry hardware. They'll strictly be a software company. It's looking more and more that way.

It was a good run but they did it as much to themselves as the competition did it for them.

Apple and Samsung have the lions share of the smartphone market. The big reason to get blackberry is security in the OS and android isn't as secure as blackberry.

I've decided on this phone, as soon as it's available through the corporate site I will be switching from z30.

I said my next phone would be an android, and have always owned a BlackBerry, right from my tiny Pearl.

I've decided on this phone, as soon as it's available through the corporate site I will be switching from z30.

I said my next phone would be an android, and have always owned a BlackBerry, right from my tiny Pearl.
Pearl? I had the two tone side scroll wheel BB! Lol. Man I loved it. Will have to wait though. Way out of my price range.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

It tells me to download app. Spent $50 on a cab ride that was late today...

are you using the browser in desktop mode or private browsing?

Just tried on a Q10 and Classic, after sign-in, it's business as usual. No prompt for app download or anything.

Back
Top Bottom