blackberry 10 | Page 75 | GTAMotorcycle.com

blackberry 10

Not released in North America yet. Everywhere else, yes.

Telus, Bell and Rogers have rolled out the updates for all BB10 devices outstanding.
Z10/Q10 last week, Z30/Q5 this week.

If you're not getting your update, you could try plugging it in to the computer and use Link, or try removing the SIM card and using WiFi only to pick up the update.

Remember to do a full backup before you start any updates.

That's the world of Android apps. All or nothing when it comes to permissions.

Your saving grace running it on a BB device is that it runs the Android App inside of a sandbox (an isolated environment that simulates an android device) allowing for the app to run. So even if some permissions are enabled, they're restricted to within the confines of the sandbox. There are some exceptions and functionality on some apps is limited as a result of this.

With native applications, you can pick and choose what level of permissions, per APP, you allow. There is an OK selection of Native applications for the most popular android equivalents, but not all apps are available.

On top of all that, BlackBerry Guardian automatically scans all Android apps as you download them and checks them for malware and gives you a report.....

59631620.jpg

Not that proficient with computers, need help with BB10.

Have an issue with the BB10.3; Amazon Appstore application comes pre-installed. I don't allow applications unlimited access to my device. If the application doesn't allow me to tailor the access I delete it. The problem with this application is that I can't limit the access that it has to my device and I can't seem to able to change the access and I can't seem to able to delete it. What are my options in this situation?

Use snap to install permission manager. Snap is the bb sideloader tool apart from Amazon appstore.

Not that proficient with computers, need help with BB10.

Have an issue with the BB10.3; Amazon Appstore application comes pre-installed. I don't allow applications unlimited access to my device. If the application doesn't allow me to tailor the access I delete it. The problem with this application is that I can't limit the access that it has to my device and I can't seem to able to change the access and I can't seem to able to delete it. What are my options in this situation?
When you first launch the app it asks for your permission to access shared files and your location. Just decline. If you've already accepted, you should be able to revoke permission in Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions.

When you first launch the app it asks for your permission to access shared files and your location. Just decline. If you've already accepted, you should be able to revoke permission in Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions.

I mistakenly accepted and then could not reverse decision in the Application Permissions.

I mistakenly accepted and then could not reverse decision in the Application Permissions.
Yeah OK, I probably would have done the same thing. I'd have been curious to see what the Amazon store had to offer, and would have assumed I'd be able to lock it down if not interested. Luckily, I had you to alert me to the issue so I will simply never launch Amazon. Based on all the articles on crackberry.com promoting Amazon apps, they really have nothing worthwhile.

Alright, 10.3 has ****** me off.

WTF is it with all the notifications? I don't care that the phone has connected to Blend. What action does it require from me? Or that the phone is muted in meeting mode. Just do it and shut up about it. Would anyone want a notification every time it connects to their home network, or whenever it syncs my calendar? That's what I f*ing set it to do, just get on with it!

And now that it's made me think about it, why all the individual app update notifications? Sure, let me know, but don't require me to respond. Those notifications are useful if I want to look them up, they shouldn't require me to respond every single time to shut them up!

And you can't turn these things off, or silence them. I looked everywhere that made a reference to notifications, and that's a lot of places. Because the Hub is ALL notifications. But then you have the 'Notifications' section of the Hub. And then you have a whole other set of "notifications" (LEDs, sounds, vibration) to tell you when you get Notification notifications! F* off already! Give them a different name for crying out loud, they are not all the same. Send me ALERTS for my SYSTEM notifications.

Or better yet, don't! I don't care and I certainly don't want to be bothered to even have to glance at the phone for all that nuisance stuff that I expect to happen automatically behind the scenes. Is it so proud that it did what it's programmed to do, it has to brag about it every time? Will it notify me when it takes a **** all on its own too? Damn Blackberry grow the hell up already.

And Blend is crap. So laggy. And I can't edit contacts or the layout (go away BBM!) Obviously I'll be uninstalling it. Who doesn't carry their phone with them everywhere anyways. That's kinda their only purpose!

Other than that, great phone! :/

I have Notifications set to show in their own account already. It just moves them out of the general inbox but they still pop up in the Notifications inbox.

Most notifications can be turned off. The blend is connected one that you speak of cannot. I agree it's mildly annoying, but I also understand the security reasons behind it.. what if someone else where accessing your device without your knowledge?

Most notifications can be turned off. The blend is connected one that you speak of cannot. I agree it's mildly annoying, but I also understand the security reasons behind it.. what if someone else where accessing your device without your knowledge?

One can always 'toggle' off the Blend connection on their phone if they find the notifications annoying.

Blend is a game changer for me, have it connected to my macbook, iPad, PC and office computer. use it everyday. No doubt future versions and updates will introduce more features.

One can always 'toggle' off the Blend connection on their phone if they find the notifications annoying.

Blend is a game changer for me, have it connected to my macbook, iPad, PC and office computer. use it everyday. No doubt future versions and updates will introduce more features.
Agreed. I use it all the time as well. There's no way I would disable it.

Last edited:
I found side loading Snap (basically a front for the real Google Play Store) so much easier and quicker....

Back
Top Bottom