blackberry 10 | Page 66 | GTAMotorcycle.com

blackberry 10

Does this mean that you have the passport? Thoughts?

At first to me, and as most people have noticed when I whip it out, its absolutely polarizing and then come the endless questions and comments (thats huuuuge, can you make calls on that thing? is that a tablet or a phone? can I hold it? can I try it? etc).

But, man, the more you use it, the more sense it makes. It's a large phone, so if you are terrified of Phablets, then this isn't for you.

its clearly a productivity machine and excels at this..... emails, .pdf's, communications, websites and browsing etc. If you are looking for endless apps, movies or multimedia....... the iPhone is better, no question, and for me I have an iPad when I need that type of entertainment.

After using it for a couple days now, and then going back and holding up my "conventional" shaped 5" screen phone, it feels like a toy and so narrow.

Quite honestly, I don't think I can go back to a conventional screen anymore.

Last edited:
At first to me, and as most people have noticed when I whip it out, its absolutely polarizing and then come the endless questions and comments (thats huuuuge, can you make calls on that thing? is that a tablet or a phone? can I hold it? can I try it? etc).

But, man, the more you use it, the more sense it makes. It's a large phone, so if you are terrified of Phablets, then this isn't for you.

its clearly a productivity machine and excels at this..... emails, .pdf's, communications, websites and browsing etc. If you are looking for endless apps, movies or multimedia....... the iPhone is better, no question, and for me I have an iPad when I need that type of entertainment.

After using it for a couple days now, and then going back and holding up my "conventional" shaped 5" screen phone, it feels like a toy and so narrow.

Quite honestly, I don't think I can go back to a conventional screen anymore.

Thanks Sunny! This is the type of first hand review/opinion that I was looking for. I'm very gung ho about getting the device but I hate pre ordering anything without holding it in my hands first, so might have to wait a bit on it. Also, the touch type on my z30/10 is perfectly easy for me and doesn't create too much issue so still thinking about the fact if I need a tactile keyboard. Thanks for the feedback and I'll get Rogers to send me one as BB world is still out of stock.

Thanks Sunny! This is the type of first hand review/opinion that I was looking for. I'm very gung ho about getting the device but I hate pre ordering anything without holding it in my hands first, so might have to wait a bit on it. Also, the touch type on my z30/10 is perfectly easy for me and doesn't create too much issue so still thinking about the fact if I need a tactile keyboard. Thanks for the feedback and I'll get Rogers to send me one as BB world is still out of stock.

If you want to try one, just about every major Telus mall store has live units to play with.
I too am a fan of the Z10/30 keyboard (I've owned em both) and forgot how great the physical keyboards were from my old BB's till I got this one. It's great!

Sent from my Passport

A square screen gives the maximum screen real estate for a given bulk. You'd need a 4.9" screen at 16:9 to get as much display space as the Passport at 4.5".

^^ Amen.

Here are 2 screen shots I took for comparison. These are identical attachments opened up on 2 different phones. Guess which one is the Passport?

3OWfvD1.png

dukGCWu.png

Last edited:
Sunny, we know you love bb and the passport does seem good, but some of your comparisons are terrible. The taller screen should show at least as many rows as the passport, you are showing 13 rows on the tall screen and 27 rows on the passport. If you are going to make comparisons, keep the zoom similar (at the very least, the small screen should be showing 1280/1440*27=24 lines).

If that is the default zoom for each device, than I am glad BB finally got their head out of their *** and now opens files at a useful zoom.

Sunny, we know you love bb and the passport does seem good, but some of your comparisons are terrible. The taller screen should show at least as many rows as the passport, you are showing 13 rows on the tall screen and 27 rows on the passport. If you are going to make comparisons, keep the zoom similar (at the very least, the small screen should be showing 1280/1440*27=24 lines).

If that is the default zoom for each device, than I am glad BB finally got their head out of their *** and now opens files at a useful zoom.

I believe you're correct on the second part.

If you are in the market for a Passport and want to buy outright...

official BB store : www.shopblackberry.com

enter coupon code : SHOPBBSAVE15

If you go on canadian site, you save $174 off list price.

If you have US connection, you save even more as the list price is lower.

Bad news....That code is now invalid on both the US and Canadian site.

Good news ..... they are back in stock and unlocked. $599 on the US site and will take a CDN Credit card (they wouldn't a month ago). But...wont ship to Canada

*zooms out*

Look how much more stuff I can see on my square screen!!!! :lol:

Bad news....That code is now invalid on both the US and Canadian site.

Good news ..... they are back in stock and unlocked. $599 on the US site and will take a CDN Credit card (they wouldn't a month ago). But...wont ship to Canada

They have a canada shopBlackBerry store with CDN pricing that will gladly take your credit card and ship to Canada......

http://store.shopblackberry.com/store/bbrryus/home

Samsung looks to BB for security. Shares up 9% today.

Gary, you should have bought in when they were at 6 bucks.

I made a handsome sum of money today.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Samsung looks to BB for security. Shares up 9% today.

Gary, you should have bought in when they were at 6 bucks.

Still life in BlackBetty afterall. (Even though I predict Sammy will buy them out when Chen is finished rebuilding the company)....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aaronti...nks-partnerships-with-samsung-and-salesforce/

I was watching close. It was a 7% up day both sides of the border, but who's counting?
Giving back 3.5% today, as of right now.
I have a radar screen with over 100 issues I should have bought at $6.00, but I'm not that good.
I have to be happy with Alibaba and CTC - A series. (have a peek at a 2yr CTC- A chart)
In a market like this, I have little to no dry powder for Betty, although I've got a ton of Three Year TSX 60 Split GIC's that just auto - cashed at the max last week.
If you want some easy money, wait for AliPay to IPO, and load up.
(my GIC dough is waiting for AliPay).
I'm still standing behind my Qualcomm buyout prediction.

Last edited:
CTC was at 48 bucks just in 2009 - look where they are now.
I was watching close. It was a 7% up day both sides of the border, but who's counting?
I have a radar screen with over 100 issues I should have bought at $6.00, but I'm not that good.
I have to be happy with Alibaba and CTC - A series. (have a peek at a 2yr CTC- A chart)
In a market like this, I have little to no dry powder for Betty, although I've got a ton of Three Year TSX 60 Split GIC's that just auto - cashed at the max last week.
If you want some easy money, wait for AliPay to IPO, and load up.
(my GIC dough is waiting for AliPay).

CTC was at 48 bucks just in 2009 - look where they are now.

Yes. And 2 yrs before that, sub $20.
And add to the stock price's constant rise, is the unscathed reputation CTC-A shares carry.
The company is leaps & bounds ahead of Betty in every way possible, for investment purposes.
But, I'm living proof a "good" gamble in the market can "set you free".

I made a handsome sum of money today.

It's odd how fast it disappears, ain't it?
Currently, giving back yesterday's gains, and then some.
Sammy news quickly washed out.
Put your seatbelt on from now 'till the eoy. Or. Don't look again until Apr/May '15.

Back
Top Bottom