blackberry 10 | Page 60 | GTAMotorcycle.com

blackberry 10

I've also traded in my Z10 for a Z30, and LOVE it. It's a corporate discount and they don't offer iPhones so I've always had a BB.

Dying or not the phone works and it's free, so I like.

I'm in between a rock and a hard place with my decision to buy a new tablet right now.

My playbook although I loved it, is getting long on the tooth. It's 4 years old after all. And unfortunately BlackBerry isn't making a new tablet for now. So I'm left trying to decide between a surface pro 2 and the Samsung galaxy note pro (or the note 10.1). On the one hand the surface will do everything I need, but they are just sooo bulky and heavy. On the other hand the Samsung is so thin and sleek.. great physical design but I hate android so very much. It just lacks everything I love about my Z10..I keep looking for things where they aren't, trying to swipe up to close apps.. swipe to bring up the keyboard.. all the gestures we take for granted on BB10 make android feel so clunky and inefficient by their lacking.

Decisions decisions.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

I'm in between a rock and a hard place with my decision to buy a new tablet right now.

My playbook although I loved it, is getting long on the tooth. It's 4 years old after all. And unfortunately BlackBerry isn't making a new tablet for now. So I'm left trying to decide between a surface pro 2 and the Samsung galaxy note pro (or the note 10.1). On the one hand the surface will do everything I need, but they are just sooo bulky and heavy. On the other hand the Samsung is so thin and sleek.. great physical design but I hate android so very much. It just lacks everything I love about my Z10..I keep looking for things where they aren't, trying to swipe up to close apps.. swipe to bring up the keyboard.. all the gestures we take for granted on BB10 make android feel so clunky and inefficient by their lacking.

Decisions decisions.

In the same boat as you .Love the playbook. But it sucks to read pdf magazine files .I`m waiting for the Samsung Tab 4 to come out .

Since I got the Z30, I barely use my PB anymore anyways, the Z30 is just so much better overall than the PB ever could be.

Not long ago, I did recently pick up a tablet for my wife. Was eyeballing the Note 10.1 2014 edition, but the iPad Airs slightly cheaper price swayed me that way. What a disappointment. iOS is utter crap, and I was reminded again why I'd never own an iPhone. My buddy showed my his Note 8 and all the things he could do with it, and the handy stylus it had and how functional it was, and I was really wishing I went with the Sammy instead.

Oh well, live and learn. If you can skip a tablet, go to a laptop. I do love love love, my MacBook Air. Light, long battery life, blazing fast, and a joy to use. If there is one thing Apple knows how to do right, its laptops.

Last edited:
Since I got the Z30, I barely use my PB anymore anyways, the Z30 is just so much better overall than the PB ever could be.

Not long ago, I did recently pick up a tablet for my wife. Was eyeballing the Note 10.1 2014 edition, but the iPad Airs slightly cheaper price swayed me that way. What a disappointment. iOS is utter crap, and I was reminded again why I'd never own an iPhone. My buddy showed my his Note 8 and all the things he could do with it, and the handy stylus it had and how functional it was, and I was really wishing I went with the Sammy instead.

Oh well, live and learn. If you can skip a tablet, go to a laptop. I do love love love, my MacBook Air. Light, long battery life, blazing fast, and a joy to use. If there is one thing Apple knows how to do right, its laptops.

I've had my note 10.1 for about 1 1/2 yrs. and still love it.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

I still have my Blackberry Torch2! does that make me cool? probably not but I like the fact that if the touch screen dies I have that track ball pad and if that dies I can just use the keyboard... just wish it was a little faster and had a better camera. Those new ones only have touch screen and dont have hot keys anymore i heard, well whats the point of the keyboard?

The new Q20 will have dedicated talk/end buttons as well as a touch (track) pad that will double as a fingerprint scanner.

I still have my Blackberry Torch2! does that make me cool? probably not but I like the fact that if the touch screen dies I have that track ball pad and if that dies I can just use the keyboard... just wish it was a little faster and had a better camera. Those new ones only have touch screen and dont have hot keys anymore i heard, well whats the point of the keyboard?

I broke down yesterday morning and bought a galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition.

It's a great tablet. Lightning fast.. screen is super impressive.. does tones of great stuff.. in relation to what's out there I'm happy with the decision I've made thus far.. BUT I must say everything I try to do on it just reinforces how much I love BlackBerry 10. The note 10.1 is light years ahead of what my playbook could do (keeping in mind it was 4 years old) but not how it does it...

I can't count the amount of times I've tried to swipe the screen to wake it up.. Why doesn't it do that? I'm touching it.. Clearly I want it on.. why do I have to find a button? Closing an app.. why can't I just swipe it away.. seriously I have to hit the home button, and then press and hold the home button again to bring up the multitasking menu and then press and hold the app and remove from list or swipe it away from there? 4 steps to close an app? I must be missing something with that one..thats insane!

What else.. oh! During initial setup it asked me for my Facebook credentials and it synced a bunch of contacts and photos into the native apps.. great.. but then I went to open the Facebook app and I'm not signed in.. had to sign in separately to the Facebook app even though I've already added Facebook as an account to the tablet? So inefficient!

The auto correct! is driving me insane!! I keep trying to type out my email address which starts with my lastname.firstname it won't let me do it.. every time I type last name. It removes the period and capitalizes the first letter of the name. Over and over and over. It won't learn that I don't want that. AND when it happens and I backspace it doesn't change back. I've got to manually edit the word back to the way I typed it in the first place! That's crazy!

I know these might sound like petty things to some of you. But combined it's just a wakeup call on the things we take for granted on BlackBerry. Namely the gestures and the efficiency that entails.

Last edited:
Anyone in the QEW/427 area that can help me install the Android app on my Z30 ? I just cant seem to do it .

Anyone in the QEW/427 area that can help me install the Android app on my Z30 ? I just cant seem to do it .

If you hit a dead end, and don't mind coming to Stoney Creek, shoot me a PM. I can load up Snap in less than 10 mins and have you on your way.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

If you hit a dead end, and don't mind coming to Stoney Creek, shoot me a PM. I can load up Snap in less than 10 mins and have you on your way.

I will take you up on the offer in two weeks .Having to work sucks !

Thanks

10 minutes? 30 seconds! ;) I'd gladly help but it's probably not worth the drive to Barrie lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of switching all the company phones to blackberry from the Galaxy family. Too much bloatware and the battery is crap. Everyone complains.

I need something with a 5" screen with exception business/productivity features (don't care about social) and a battery that lasts over 24 hours with heavy usage.

I'm thinking of switching all the company phones to blackberry from the Galaxy family. Too much bloatware and the battery is crap. Everyone complains.

I need something with a 5" screen with exception business/productivity features (don't care about social) and a battery that lasts over 24 hours with heavy usage.

Is it a problem if the Z30 has all that plus the best mobile browser, best conference phone, BlackBerry Balance, FM radio?

I bang the keys all day some days .I tether it to my note for a couple of hours a day .I`m yet to run out of battery .

Love the Z30 .

Back
Top Bottom