Motorcycle Maintenance Course | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Maintenance Course

There are 4 things I would really like to learn and do on my own....

1. How to clean and lube the chain on my bike effectively and efficiently.
2. How to change oil and filter on my bike.
3. How to winterize my bike and store it properly.
4. How to get my bike started properly at the start of summer.

Just the absolutely basic maintenance a bike needs year after year.

I'd be happy knowing just these things. Anything more than that I would rather take it to a mechanic.

Pay me $50 and I'll show you

$50 for someone to come over to your place and teach you these procedures on your bike is a bargain.

Are you an authorized service technician?
What bikes do you specialize in?
Where would you hold your "class"?
How long will the lessons be?

Nope, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Seriously, the things you listed can be learned through Youtube. You really want to pay someone to show you how to spray Kerosene onto your chain, wipe it off and then spray it with DuPont Teflon lube?

All these things can be easily learned off the internet. Of course, it would be nice to have someone there to show you the ropes first time around. There are plenty of people who can show you how to do this on this board, no need to pay $50. Send me a pm if you're really interested and I can walk you through it the next time I changing my oil (Not till end of summer).

I might actually take you up on that offer! What bike?

Nope, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Seriously, the things you listed can be learned through Youtube. You really want to pay someone to show you how to spray Kerosene onto your chain, wipe it off and then spray it with DuPont Teflon lube?

Yeah, for sure. I plan on watching lots of youtube videos when it's time for me to do an oil change on my bike and winterize it. I don't think it will be that tough. But like others have said, if you have someone showing you, it just gives you that extra bit of confidence.

I might actually take you up on that offer! What bike?

Yeah, for sure. I plan on watching lots of youtube videos when it's time for me to do an oil change on my bike and winterize it. I don't think it will be that tough. But like others have said, if you have someone showing you, it just gives you that extra bit of confidence.

I'll give you a free tip:

Lefty loosey

You need to pay to hear the other half of this tip

By the way, what's a good place to go buy filters and oil??
Any particular kind I should be looking for?

I have a 09 CBR600RR

FINE.....$40 for a class. I will show you how to all of the above.

By the way, what's a good place to go buy filters and oil??
Any particular kind I should be looking for?

I have a 09 CBR600RR

BEST OPTION: FS MOTORCYCLE - GLEN WILL HAVE a range of filters and Oil in stock - price points will vary...
index.php
index.php
store_logo.gif

Town Moto had a free oil change seminar recently. Was very well done and hope they do another one this season.

http://townmoto.com/blog/2012/07/town-moto-oil-change-demo/

Town Moto is at it again:

"We’re going to do another tech night this Thursday. We’re going to be going over brake bleeding, chain cleaning and some smaller stuff like cable lubing if we have time. Just general maintenance items but stuff that’s good to learn about if you’re new to riding and taking care of your bike. Come one come all, hope to see you then!"

http://townmoto.com/blog/2012/08/thursday-aug-16-tech-night/

Hey Crew,

I just came across this super old and hilarous thread. Just wanted to share that Moto Revere does workshops with a mechanic at a shop, with a casual environment and open for QandA afterwards.
Check out the details for any upcoming shop workshops on their site
https://www.motorevere.com/collections/workshop

I would recommend buying the repair manual and a good set of tools from Canadian tire instead of taking the course. There are plenty of Youtube videos you can watch and learn from.

This X 100
Buy tools as you need them, be paitent, read the manual/youtube/google.

If you are really unsure of something, instead of half assing and ****ing it up, ask on here for advice, or better yet, PM frekeguy

Don't over tighten your oil bolt. Don't under tighten it either. Get it just right.

Back
Top Bottom