SV650A Rear Shock Upgrade | GTAMotorcycle.com

SV650A Rear Shock Upgrade

Thanks for the link. This is now on my list of projects to do over the winter. If you still want to sell that GDR shock let me know. Thanks.

Thanks for the vid. Might be something I do for my '09.

yes the post is very old but i think its important that you mention the zx shock is shorter than the oem shock and lowers the ride height at the rear of the bike. NOT

boyoboy confused with gen 1?

Last edited:
yes the post is very old but i think its important that you mention the zx shock is shorter than the oem shock and lowers the ride height at the rear of the bike. this has an effect on both the bikes steering geometry and cornering clearance. i don't know if you are a shorter rider and want to lower the seat height? a person may not want to swap out to a zx shock for the reasons mentioned above.

The ZX14 and 2nd Gen SV650 is the same length 330mm that's why I used this shock. I have the shock on my 05 track bike now and the installation was much easier without abs pump in the way.

05 and up gsxr rear shock fits as well with minimal trimming to the battery box.

I believe it is also the same length as the oem SV unit.

yes the post is very old but i think its important that you mention the zx shock is shorter than the oem shock and lowers the ride height at the rear of the bike. this has an effect on both the bikes steering geometry and cornering clearance. i don't know if you are a shorter rider and want to lower the seat height? a person may not want to swap out to a zx shock for the reasons mentioned above.

I stand corrected. Think the alziemers was kicking in and I confused this for the gen 1 sv650? Thanks for the heads up guys.

Back
Top Bottom