Personal Injury Lawyer - Sister Down | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Personal Injury Lawyer - Sister Down

oh speaking of suing. say i was on my bike and a car bumped me. i fall off and sprain my ankle. it's a not a big deal. but should i still sue and get $10k or $20k?

Yes, you can sue for $20 K.
No, you are not going to get the cash automatically.

You can seek damages. BUT writing a large ammount of money in the claim paperwork does not mean that the lawsuit becomes a ticket to collect free money.

Just this morning I was discussing with a co-worker a legal case that involves Bell Canada - a guy sued Bell and claimed damages of $49,500.00.

He won!!

Did he get $49,500.00?

No, the judge ruled that he would get only $3,500

I know it is a different case, but you get the idea. You can ask for whatever, but you need to prove it.

Yes, you can sue for $20 K.
No, you are not going to get the cash automatically.

You can seek damages. BUT writing a large ammount of money in the claim paperwork does not mean that the lawsuit becomes a ticket to collect free money.

Just this morning I was discussing with a co-worker a legal case that involves Bell Canada - a guy sued Bell and claimed damages of $49,500.00.

He won!!

Did he get $49,500.00?

No, the judge ruled that he would get only $3,500

I know it is a different case, but you get the idea. You can ask for whatever, but you need to prove it.

It's just good business to go after the maximum liability on the policy. Negotiate from a position of strength and all that.

Back
Top Bottom