Off road trails near Toronto | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Off road trails near Toronto

Lol. I used the same luggage on my KLR, now it adorns the back seat on the DR for longer trips.

I burned off the stock deathwing and mounted my brother in laws part used deathwing until my knobbies arrive. I laid it down on grass in second gear having fun on a wee hill climb. :p

I remember pannier boxes with bottles in them at last years CSBK..lol
Are you coming out this weekend?

The KLbaR ? :cool:

Yes, I'm packing up the bike tomorrow and leaving the island on Thursday.

cfe7e70e-be71-7a15.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Toronto. have an f800GS with knobbies. would love to find some places to ride if anyone has ideas. I usually go into Pennsylvania to catch up with US buddies and ride forest trails down there.

I've got an old Honda trans alp. I'm new to offload but would like to do some adventure touring later on. If anyone is interested in doing dirt rides or trips and would like to get together, drop me a pm or email. Thanks!

Long

there is a small trail in Etobicoke I see small dirt bikes go in there and people having little fires in there but I have a big bike and don't go in there because my bike is LOUD !!! and BIG !!! and the trail is on Chapman Rd, Etobicoke, ON at the of the road or La Rush Drive, Etobicoke, ON at the end of he road

Last edited:
I haven't gone there yet, but I was just on Google Maps and found Hilton Falls Conservation Area in Milton. It looks like it has roads running through it on the map but they could be gated just for hikers. But it looks like theres some old roads around the Quarry next to it that should be open. I'll update this post if I end up going, maybe later in the week.

Last edited:
Aside from Ganaraska, are there any other places to ride close to GTA that for full-off road bikes?
I've been looking for even a farm or somewhere to "pay per ride" just to get out for a quick hour or 2 and not have to drive an hour or more to get there.
Hard to find though, sounds like nothing in or near the GTA other then Ganaraska.

There used to be a few, "grey" areas, Like Raglan Pits and Newtonville. But lately, (last week), Durham put out press releases advising they are again stepping up enforcement and will lay charges. So other than Ganny, (where at least you know your safe). No real options left. No fun when your day gets cut short with a ticket.

But you should visit OFTR, (Ont Federation Trail Riders). They sell passes for dirt bikes and can advise of all the local, (within 2 hours), riding areas passes are relatively cheap, for a season. The money also helps maintain trails etc.

Aside from Ganaraska, are there any other places to ride close to GTA that for full-off road bikes?
I've been looking for even a farm or somewhere to "pay per ride" just to get out for a quick hour or 2 and not have to drive an hour or more to get there.
Hard to find though, sounds like nothing in or near the GTA other then Ganaraska.

There used to be a few, "grey" areas, Like Raglan Pits and Newtonville. But lately, (last week), Durham put out press releases advising they are again stepping up enforcement and will lay charges. So other than Ganny, (where at least you know your safe). No real options left. No fun when your day gets cut short with a ticket.

But you should visit OFTR, (Ont Federation Trail Riders). They sell passes for dirt bikes and can advise of all the local, (within 2 hours), riding areas passes are relatively cheap, for a season. The money also helps maintain trails etc.

Thanks hedo.
Yeah there is nowhere to go for a "quick" ride for the everyday working folk.
Ganni is usually twice the travel time ratio to ride time and close to dark when riding since going after work lol.
I'm an OFTR memeber but those places to ride are even further.

My supermoto crew sometimes ride
Centennial Park (climb the ski hills!),
Trails inside Mt. Charles park,
The dirt track south of the 407 between Dixie and Bramalea,
Etobicoke Creek (south and north of the 401),
Etobicoke Creek trails at Tomken and 407,
Etobicoke Creek under 407 and 410,
Trails inside the old growth forest Stouffville and Bayview (huge trees inside),
Trails inside forest south of Concession Rd 8 between Sideline 30 and sideline 28

Obviously I'm not gonna tell you every place since finding these areas is half the fun. ;)

In terms of legit roads, there's tons of "unmaintained" roads in Dufferin and Simcoe county that don't require any special permits if you've got a blue plate.

Last edited:
I go to Simcoe County and ride the forests there. All part of SCORRA. They're only about 1.5 hour for me from Brampton.

Hey Guys

I'm new to offroading but I just picked up a klx250s (blue plate) and would love to check out ganaraska or anywhere else close to the city. Reply or shoot me a PM if you're interested!

Back
Top Bottom