Off road trails near Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Off road trails near Toronto

avsjack

Hello,

I have my KLR on 80-20 on/off road tyres, I have recently bought the bike and am just itching to get on some dirt, trails, unpaved roads.

I went up to Midland last week and purposely got myself lost, I ended up on some unpaved roads and it was just awesome to be back on the dirt, but after around 4 - 5 years off, I need to get back on it!!

Are there any unpaved roads, motorable trails within an hour or so of the city? I know about the ganny but I need to get some better dirt tires before I attempt that, and set aside a day or so.

Any suggestions are very welcome? I need to feed my crave this weekend lol!

Thanks,

Somebody just mentioned this to me, looks reasonably adventurous on google maps anyway

"gravel is north east of Limehouse. 10th line, clayhill, 22nd sideroad"

Try south of Good wood, and North of Pickering for some good gravel roads. Salem road stands out as being fun.

There isn't really anything available local to the city that you can ride legitimately.

I've been in the same itch as you avsjack. But i have not found anything near Toronto. let me know if you do.
Maybe we can ride together.
I got my WR250 a few months ago.
I have been to the ganaraska only once, and on some back roads a few other times. Like you, I need some more dirt as well.

Places close to toronto,
Pickering pits - brock rd and whitevale rd
Ragland pits - simcoe and ragland rd

Newtonville - marydale rd

Ganaraska - boundary rd and hwy 35/115

There are more just can't think of the rest now

It's not extremely close to Toronto, but 3.5 hrs on the highway to Prescott then north 10 minutes gets you to Limerick Forest where you will find many miles of free and legal well marked and maintained trails at all skill levels from gravel to dirt to rocky to sandy.

http://www.limerickforest.ca/en/

I heard the pickering pits are closed off. Has anyone been there recently?

So, i went for a ride today and decided to go up to Brock and Whitevale rd area. I didn't find where the Pickering Pits are supposed to be. Anyone know exactly where it is?

All riding areas mentioned except ganaraska are not legal to ride at so take your chances.

Yes, my biggest concern is upsetting the land owners like farmers etc, I am from a agricultural background and know how much aggravation it can cause. I have compiled a short list of places to explore, thank you all for the suggestions. I just need a quick fix before I get my bike better set up for offroad.

Thanks!

I'd guess North Pickering would be your best bet. Gravel roads galore once you get north of 7.

I'm on a klr as well if you're looking for some company.

I suppose it's wise for klr guys to ride together so you can cannibalize parts from each other when things go wrong :)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself being a KTM snob...

I'd guess North Pickering would be your best bet. Gravel roads galore once you get north of 7.

I'm on a klr as well if you're looking for some company.

I suppose it's wise for klr guys to ride together so you can cannibalize parts from each other when things go wrong :)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself being a KTM snob...

There's plenty of tractors in farming country - similar tech - parts aplenty ;)

Tractor technology ? LOL :)

I wish my KTM had tractor technology - that could be useful...

There's plenty of tractors in farming country - similar tech - parts aplenty ;)

Ha ha, working on my KLR definitely reminds me of working on an old Land Rover I had.

KLR Guy, yeah I am always down for riding in numbers, especially with somebody who may know the area lol

Alon, the standard KLR tool kit comprises of a hammer and a chisel, that's all we need.

So I headed up near Holland Landing this weekend and got the bike muddy, mission accomplished but now looking to get some dirt tires back on and find something else a little more messy!

P1020921.JPG

So I headed up near Holland Landing this weekend and got the bike muddy, mission accomplished but now looking to get some dirt tires back on and find something else a little more messy!

P1020921.JPG
Well, get those off and come to the Midsummers Dream Ride next weekend with me.

Back
Top Bottom