Where did you ride today? - New rider version | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where did you ride today? - New rider version

if you guys wanna get that 1000km out of the way quick

i just did a 200km+ (4.5 hr) ride including breaks tonight with my buddy, there was some highway riding but not a whole lot. so if you take local it'll probably be even a bit more.

basically

started at donmills and steeles where we met up

north to bloomington, did some twisties off of yonge
ended up back on yonge, went 404 south to some twisties at hwy7 area
like 2 dvp ramps
cruise on lakeshore to kipling then gardiner and QEW to mississauga road, collegeway, looped back onto qew then back onto the dvp

took everything at a nice easy pace cuz we just wanted to cruise and relax so it took us a bit longer.

if you skip the highway it probably can be about a 6 hr ride with breaks in between

but a nice way to boost u to ur 1000km mark =p
pm if u want the route lol

Barrie, via Hockley.....in a Harley pack (10kph - speed limit). Frustrating. My engine didn't like low revs second gear, so I had to switch to rain mode!

Nice guys and a ride for charity, but I cant take that again!

I love korean bbq. Maybe I'll check it out.

Ya you should definitely give it a try ;). It's supposed to be a bit "higher end" than those traditional Korean bbq places. They also have sushi there, and it's included in "all you can eat". There are two locations, one in richmond hill and the other in Scarborough.

I ride all the time lol usually late at night or afternoon...but I don't fit the new rider version

No you don't so what are you doing here... Out! lol!

Barrie, via Hockley.....in a Harley pack (10kph - speed limit). Frustrating. My engine didn't like low revs second gear, so I had to switch to rain mode!

Nice guys and a ride for charity, but I cant take that again!

you have a rain mode ?!?! Nice bike! 10kph... can't really imagine...

Today I logged 200+km with Scorpio.

I took Yonge down town to meet up with her and her friend. We drove for like more an hour there, mainly around Cherry and Commisioner before we finally decided to get the hell out of there. We then took Kingston all the way up and ended up on some country roads in Markham. We went back downtown to take her home and I rode to Woodbine for beach volleyball and took Yonge back home.

It's not really a fun route for most of the riders here but I learned great deals from it. It's the first time I rode around downtown so it definitely opened my eyes about how bad the traffic there could be. Now I'm not so afraid of street car tracks anymore, and I'm better at the constant stop & go situations, scanning traffic & surroundings and riding in a group.

Oh, here's a side story. I was taking Church before I turned on Yonge at Bloor. At a stop sign on Church, there was a pretty girl sitting in front of a bar with another chick, smiling and waving at me. I opened my tinted visor so that we could look into each other's eyes. She was yelling at me "omg you are so hot! Marry me!" and I yelled back "I will". She then got all excited and asked me to pull over and give her my phone number. I... didn't and told ther that I will next time I bump into her. When the green light was on, I took off extra fast just to look "hotter" for her. LOL!!!

Now I definitely agree that a lot of times a motorcycle does serve as a fashion accessory... Without the bike, I would just be another person passing her by.

Great to see the "new riders" are having a blast. Just a friendly heads up - if you are starting to ride in groups make sure you are comfortable shifting and braking. Give yourselves extra space for stalling on take off and for sudden stopping. The lead bike should try to allow space for all riders in the group to safely make lane changes (to aviod panic manouvers if a car should get in between the group). It will be easier if you avoid rush hour traffic. Above all don't ride beyond your skill level. Have fun and ride to get home safe.

My wife and I joined a group ride to Creemore springs with 25 other bikes....Great twisties, good food, good company.

Korean BBQ rocks! (Midland north of Finch).

Last edited:
Been to that Asian legend, parking there is rough even on 2 wheels. On topic, first highway ride today! Bayview to Yorkmills, back down to Bayview, ending @ starbucks for a rewarding 20,000 calorie frappacino.

Ya you should definitely give it a try ;). It's supposed to be a bit "higher end" than those traditional Korean bbq places. They also have sushi there, and it's included in "all you can eat". There are two locations, one in richmond hill and the other in Scarborough.

No korean bbq has sushi:p ...atleast not the one in scarborough...

No korean bbq has sushi:p ...atleast not the one in scarborough...

I had Korean BBQ on Friday at New Generation BBQ on Bloor near Bathurst :)

If you ever get to Vancouver, Shabusen serves a famous all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ AND Sushi on weekends (you can have both at the same time) for $13 (lunch) or $23 (dinner).

The grande lite Frappuccino at Starbucks has only 150 calories (a little more with whipped cream) and tastes almost as good as the regular.

To stay on topic, last night I rode Bloor West to Jarvis to Lakeshore to Parkside to Bloor West to Jane to Dundas West to Scarlett to Dixon to St. Phillips to Weston to Sheppard to Allen Road to Eglinton to Bathurst to Bloor to Bay to Queen West to Ossington then home. A little aimless urban touring but I found the sweet spot in my pre-load and damping and now the bike rides even sweeter than ever!

Today I think I'll take a quick tour north of Steeles, not sure where yet...

it was a good ride and i learned a lot too. ya downtown traffic is bad. lool ya being on a bike makes other girls go crazy especially on church street :p

Today I logged 200+km with Scorpio.

I took Yonge down town to meet up with her and her friend. We drove for like more an hour there, mainly around Cherry and Commisioner before we finally decided to get the hell out of there. We then took Kingston all the way up and ended up on some country roads in Markham. We went back downtown to take her home and I rode to Woodbine for beach volleyball and took Yonge back home.

It's not really a fun route for most of the riders here but I learned great deals from it. It's the first time I rode around downtown so it definitely opened my eyes about how bad the traffic there could be. Now I'm not so afraid of street car tracks anymore, and I'm better at the constant stop & go situations, scanning traffic & surroundings and riding in a group.

Oh, here's a side story. I was taking Church before I turned on Yonge at Bloor. At a stop sign on Church, there was a pretty girl sitting in front of a bar with another chick, smiling and waving at me. I opened my tinted visor so that we could look into each other's eyes. She was yelling at me "omg you are so hot! Marry me!" and I yelled back "I will". She then got all excited and asked me to pull over and give her my phone number. I... didn't and told ther that I will next time I bump into her. When the green light was on, I took off extra fast just to look "hotter" for her. LOL!!!

Now I definitely agree that a lot of times a motorcycle does serve as a fashion accessory... Without the bike, I would just be another person passing her by.

Hmmm sounds like a ride destination for sure - on an empty stomach! lol!

Went for an hour ride had to come back because it started to rain. Went all the way on Queensquay Spadina front street and back just went around in a circle around my area lol. Getting better at my turns :)

cfdb45ae-a096-0897.jpg
cfdb45ae-a0be-c3d3.jpg

Yesterday I participated in "Ontario GTA photo tag" so a friend and I rode through local (since I'm still on M1) all the way from yonge&sheppard to Holland Marsh Wineries located in New Market near King City. On the way back we rode to the Sunset Beach, caught in the thunder storm and had to hide under a bridge for a while. I was a bit worried at the beginning but later I was relaxed and started to have fun out of this bad situation. We met a nice 2up young couple on a CBR 600 under the bridge and briefly chatted before they took off.

This time, I gained experience of: 1. riding 80+ constantly; 2. got a bit of taste of how highway feels like because the regional road that we took is like a highway, cars are fast and there are few traffic lights; 3. riding in the rain.

Strongly recommend the photo tag game. It's so much fun.

Last edited:
That's cool, you aren't the only one that got wet. I went for a ride with a few friends and we go completed drenched, we're on a rush to get home so we I never got shelter but it was pretty funny.

Back
Top Bottom