cbr 125 trip! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

cbr 125 trip!

nice trip, same dates and weekend a bunch of us on 250 had a similar route to take the ferry n down to parry sound, plans changed and we did Toronto to Parry Sound to Ottawa to Toronto.

These photos are obviously faked.

No one can tour with less than 1300cc and a shaft drive

(great pics by the way, it sounds like a fun trip)

:lmao:

---------------------------------

It's good to see others out there touring on smaller displacement bikes. Great pics indeed. I especially like the knobbies on the white CBR!

Great fun, I miss my wife's 125.
Rode one weekend the 125r to Hershey, PA and its nothing but great.
If i get another 125, may I join next year? :)

For current and former 125 owners, this year's trip is in the planning stages ... you will have to be a member to see the thread, but if you have or had a 125 then you have to be a member anyhow :D http://www.hondacbr125r.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7419

Bottom line: Ride Friday 21 June afternoon/evening to a campsite near Bancroft (exact address TBD). Ride eastern Ontario backroads Saturday 22 June, camp again in same location. Back home Sun 23 June.

Cool, my dad lives right off the 129 on lake Wakamata. He's about 35 mins from Thessalon. I plan on riding my 250 up there this summer. Just one day there and one day back, it's 6 - 6.5 hours by car from my place.

Damn... Wish I could make it but I think I have exams during that time...

Same weekend the Mad Bastard Rally will be probably in that area for some of the fun/crazy 800k+ ride to nowhere and back.

^ The selection of this trip to be in the same area and the same weekend as the MBSR was purely intentional. They don't have a class for us ... :)

Very impressive trip regardless of displacement. I only picked up my CBR 125 a week ago today (love it). Have to admit that I wouldn't have considered taking it to my cottage which is approx 125 km east of Winnipeg.... But this thread has made me reconsider! Thanks! Enjoy this year's trip.

Very impressive trip regardless of displacement. I only picked up my CBR 125 a week ago today (love it). Have to admit that I wouldn't have considered taking it to my cottage which is approx 125 km east of Winnipeg.... But this thread has made me reconsider! Thanks! Enjoy this year's trip.

I ride my CBR125R from Winnipeg to Gimli, Birds Hill Park, Whiteshell, etc. 100km/h on the highways is no issue at all.

This year's trip is in the books - and it was great! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera at home.

Rode to Bancroft last Friday evening, got there just as it was getting dark, we set up tents in the dark (and the mosquitoes). The good thing is that Saturday's plans had us camping at the same place, so we could ride unhindered by luggage.

Saturday morning ... Rain. It let up around lunchtime. We set out around 12:30 PM on wet roads but no rain. The weather mostly held off, but most of the ride was on wet roads, and we did ride through a few showers.

Bancroft ... Maynooth ... Combermere ... Denbigh ... Calabogie for a late lunch - got there around 3 PM. We spotted quite a few participants in the Mad Bastard Scooter Rally - part of their planned route ran in the opposite direction of ours. Then south to Lanark, then on to the Ompah Stomp - another little-used but most entertaining route. Then back to Denbigh then returned to camp. This loop was just short of 400 km. It wasn't quite the whole originally planned route, due to the late start, but it included most of the best parts.

Sunday - packed up in the morning, then rode home via the 507 with stops at Flynn's, Port Perry, and Belfountain.

We had 5 cbr125's including one with a transplanted cbr150 engine (the engine they should have put in, for our market), plus a couple of previous 125 owners - one on a Honda F4i, the other on a Suzuki Katana. And the only malfunctions the whole weekend involved the F4i (a mysterious self-tightening chain adjuster), and the Katana (burned bulbs to start with - but, apparently, ominuous nasty clunking noises started emanating from below just before that rider got home after the main part of the trip - not diagnosed yet).

It was a great trip as usual, Great roads and people! Glad i was able to limp the bike the last few km home, I am hoping it is just a minor clutch issue as its been giving me some minor slippage at high rpm shifts. I should know more Wednesday when im off work and have a chance to break her down.
Year 4 and the tradition is still going strong, lets not break it and hit the muskoka's up next season!!!

Attachments

• 20130621_233931-1.jpg
    20130621_233931-1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 62
  • photo2222 (2).jpg
    photo2222 (2).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 69
I am leaving tomorrow for a small annual CBR125 gathering. By small I mean me and Mike from Thunder Bay. We are meeting in Wawa, camping on the east shore of Superior and then taking a gravel back road to 129 and then across the Little White River road and down to Elliot Lake. It would have been great to have the rest of the CBR125 riders join us but maybe next year.

John, we moved the group to a facebook page since the site shutdown. The trip this year is in August. PM sent.

Here are some highlights from our 2-person CBR125R gathering. We met up in Wawa on July 3rd and grabbed a bite. And then headed down Hwy17 toward Agawa Bay - our stop for the night.

Here are the bikes. John's 2008 CBR125R big-bore 166cc and my 2011 CBR125R (with Thai CBR150R engine).

1zyjaeh.jpg

Here is John walking along the beach at Agawa Bay campground (Lake Superior Provincial Park).

35a19ci.jpg

And here is a view of the distant Algoma Hills that line the lake in this area.

duveb.jpg

Here is John.

260pglz.jpg

And me.

small026.jpg

And here was our site for the evening.

t65he9.jpg

The next day we rode down to Sault Ste. Marie for lunch and then rode to Echo Bay and Leeburn (via Hwy 638 - which happened to be a really fun and twisty road). Here are the bikes just past Leeburn.

9pz6kx.jpg

Two great lakes in one day. Here are the bikes on the edge of Lake Huron at the Thessalon harbour.

ojqetc.jpg

Then we rode up Hwy 129 and John and I parted ways as he headed east along the Deer Trail route towards Elliot Lake.

small037.jpg

I continued onwards past Wawa and White River, and eventually stayed overnight at White Lake Provincial Park. Here is my site at the park.

small049.jpg

It was a great short trip. We left on Friday and were home on Sunday.

You can tour on any bike. I've read about tours on a Vespa scooter. It's just not the best tool for the job. But if it's the only tool you own, don't let it stop you. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom