Alternative to Dupont Teflon Multi Use Lube?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alternative to Dupont Teflon Multi Use Lube??

Once you get comfortable with the 250 you will want to upgrade too. I don't think I'll go higher then a 600 though. Will just try different kinds out... Ducati Monster - Hello :) lol
The monster is a fun bike. I cant stop smiling everytime I take her out. The ninja is fun to bang through all 6 gears in the city

I get my dupont chainsaver at the lowe's on bryne drive here in Barrie.

Lowes. Both the one in Brampton and the one in Etobicoke have it in stock.

use the chain saver version.
it is a little waterier, just takes a little longer to dry.

i try to re-apply after every tank of gas. no harm in doing it after every ride either.

i try to re-apply after every tank of gas. no harm in doing it after every ride either.

To each their own, but I think that's a little excessive..
I often go through 2 or 3 tanks while out for a good day or ridding... I don't bring a can with me. Just make sure it's lubed up before you go.

I would say if you are lubing it that much, make sure you also clean it with some kerosene pretty often too.. all the build up might actually be bad for it on it's own.

I've used the Chain Saver as well and found it to be a bit messier than the old Multi Use. If Lowe's has truly gotten rid of the old Multi Use I'll probably get a can anyways

I would say if you are lubing it that much, make sure you also clean it with some kerosene pretty often too.. all the build up might actually be bad for it on it's own.
Haven't got any build-up. I actually apply the stuff pretty liberally as it seems to clean pretty well while it's a liquid. I use a rag to wipe off any excess. It's pretty cheap anyways.

I've done a 1400km trip in one day a few times now. Lubed it at the start of the day and at the end. I've got 40,000km on this chain so far, and it seems to be going strong.

I've used the Chain Saver as well and found it to be a bit messier than the old Multi
Use. If Lowe's has truly gotten rid of the old Multi Use I'll probably get a can anyways
Noticed that too.

hi, all...

about to clean/lube chain soon, and was wondering if people use the factory chain lube of their respective make of bike.
I did a search to read up on the whole process of clean/lube chain, and everyone seems to use aftermarket cleaning and lube products.

there's not much mention of the factory lubes, so is there a reason why there's not much mention on them?
are they inferior in some way, or perhaps just not as convenient to buy?

hope you guys can shed some light...thanks

hi, all...

about to clean/lube chain soon, and was wondering if people use the factory chain lube of their respective make of bike.
I did a search to read up on the whole process of clean/lube chain, and everyone seems to use aftermarket cleaning and lube products.

there's not much mention of the factory lubes, so is there a reason why there's not much mention on them?
are they inferior in some way, or perhaps just not as convenient to buy?

hope you guys can shed some light...thanks

Generally speaking, "factory" anything just means a Honda or Kawasaki sticker placed on the can / bottle of an existing product.

Generally speaking, "factory" anything just means a Honda or Kawasaki sticker placed on the can / bottle of an existing product.

Not to mention it's not a factory chain to begin with, my Yamaha came with a DID chain

Wurth HHS2000 as another alternative.
Where do you find that stuff?? Someone let me in on the secret!!

And screw you DuPont for changing the "Multi Use" formula. It sucks just as bad as "chain saver" now! lol.

-Jamie M.

Where do you find that stuff?? Someone let me in on the secret!!
-Jamie M.

Rosey toes. This stuff is MAGICAL. Been using it on the VFR, and in the last 1000km or so I have not needed a chain adjustment :)

You guys are nuts, I use the DuPont multi-use and only apply it every 500-700km aside from wet conditions.

Once you get comfortable with the 250 you will want to upgrade too. I don't think I'll go higher then a 600 though. Will just try different kinds out... Ducati Monster - Hello :) lol

Interesting how on this thread your handle seems to have a dual personality. LOL

Back
Top Bottom