Motorcycle keys cut!! Lock Clinic Inc. 137 Vaughan Rd. (Bathurst & St. Clair) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle keys cut!! Lock Clinic Inc. 137 Vaughan Rd. (Bathurst & St. Clair)

Strange that the code wouldn't cut an ignition key, just seat key. If he saw a code, he just cut keys from that.

Take your ignition back and let him know the code cut keys wouldn't work in the ignition. He can take a mold of the tumblers in the ignition and cut a key for your ignition.

EDIT: He's done this for Yamaha R6/R1 ignitions, not sure if yours can be done this way as well, sorry.

I had the ignition with me and tried it as soon as the key was cut. Didn't work... There was no offer made at making a mold so I don't know if this can be done for a Kawi ignition. Don't see why this can't be done for any ignition seeing as how they are pretty much the same. rstnick is currently working on this and hopefully will be able to figure something out. Could be many factors....

I had the ignition with me and tried it as soon as the key was cut. Didn't work... There was no offer made at making a mold so I don't know if this can be done for a Kawi ignition. Don't see why this can't be done for any ignition seeing as how they are pretty much the same. rstnick is currently working on this and hopefully will be able to figure something out. Could be many factors....
Ahhh, freaky. Interested to hear who/how/when if you're able to get it sorted out, even if it's from someone else :)

So far the solution is to take my ignition back, leave it for a week and pay $175 to get a key made. I have ordered keys from somewhere else and will attempt to get them cut by the code.

Last edited:
UPDATE.... As anyone can see my last post was edited and to be honest I didn't have anything nice to say. Dealing with Arnold wasn't turning out the way I expected...but...I did see that there were a few unhappy posters on the site and Rob posted wishing he had been contacted before anything negative had been left..... so, I did that. Contacted Rob and told him of the experience and he offered to help. We came to the conclusion that the wrong key was used and that it must be too short for all of the cuts in it to work. He immediately offered to cut me two new keys and mail them to me. Received them this morning and they worked fine in the ignition and all the other locks. I would have no problem going to the lock clinic again and asking for Rob, and only Rob, to assist me. Looks like I found a good locksmith. Thanks Rob.

I have a 2007 cbr600rr and got only 1 key from previous owner. I have a blank i got from Ebay.
Can i just bring in the working key and the blank and they'll be able to cut it?
or do i need to bring my bike in as well? just curious since i sprained my left ankle and can only drive, not ride.

Thanks

I have a 2007 cbr600rr and got only 1 key from previous owner. I have a blank i got from Ebay.
Can i just bring in the working key and the blank and they'll be able to cut it?
It's always best to have the bike there so he can fine tune it if any adjustments are needed (usually required if your existing key is very worn/old). I would just go there and get it cut, if it doesn't work bring it back with the bike when your ankle is better.

After visiting several different places and being told they were not able to cut an extra set of keys for my F4i and stated I must go to a Honda dealership.. I came across this thread in the summer and finally decided to head over 2 days ago nice bunch of people it was done very quick and for a good price I am sure much cheaper then any dealership thanks!

Another new season is here, finally.
I haven't been out on my bike much yet, and we got more snow last night, so it might be some time, although Thursday is looking not too bad.
Maybe L&L on the menu.

Just a reminder for those in need of keys, if you have only one key, get some copies.
We can make keys by the key code #, and if that is not available, by decoding the locks, but it is a lot more difficult than just copying a key.
Plus the added down time etc.

Get copies made!

Rob

Have fun, and ride safely.

So wait, what your trying to say is you can cut a key from the ignition ? So thieves can cut keys for bikes using the code on the ignition ? Waaaah! :l

"Do you have 09 drz400sm keys?"

Looking in the program, it lists a DR 400 and DR 400S up to '85, so I can't see what key blank the ' 09 drz use.
Does it look like the Suzuki key shown some posts back?
Then yes, we can cut them.

I saw a dude with a drz400 next to me last Thurs. at L&L.
Wasn't you, but had a quick look at his keys.
There's two different keys for the bike.
Looked like older style of keys.
Not sure if we have them.
Would need a better look, or a code # to look up.

Last edited:
So wait, what your trying to say is you can cut a key from the ignition ? So thieves can cut keys for bikes using the code on the ignition ? Waaaah! :l

Errr Yeah

Locks only stop honest people.
I am guessing you don't want to know how easy it is. A locksmith wouldn't use a lock code to steal your bike, he'd just pick the lock. It's faster.

Last edited:
I will have to look next time I'm in the shop, but I don't think we have them.
If that's the case, I will order a few next time I place an order.

Do you have a key code # for the Ninja 250?
Could help confirming the right key blank to use.
Send me a private message if you prefer.

Rob

I went to the Lock Clinic last week. I needed a key for the ignition, gas cap and seat lock for my old Suzuki. None of the big bike shops want to look at it. They all want to sell you a new ignition and then say "Oh, they don't make that part any more." Well the Lock Clinic fixed me up. Arnold was great. We had a small blip with the gas cap but it got resolved quickly. If I ever have any problems with any motorcycle key in the future, Arnold is the guy I'm going to. I would recommend him over any bike shop in the city.

Ken :eek:ccasion5:

Update: The Locksmith store on Vaughan Rd, Lock Clinic Inc., has closed.
The building is being torn down to make way for more condos.

For those of you who may need kelp with a key issue, I may still be able to help.
I don't have blanks for all bikes.
Codes are not available for many models.
But in the past we have been able to help a number of people.
At times some have left their complete bike at the shop.
No longer having an in town location (I am working from home an hour North of Toronto), I have arranged with Moto Revere on Dupont St. to let customers drop off and pick up there, if needed.
I can usually meet at some location in the GTA.

Rob Sintnicolaas
Lock Clinic
2030 Metro Road North
Jacksons Point, ON.
416-653-2199
rstnick@hotmail.com

I do want to stress one point though, GET COPIES OF YOUR KEYS MADE!
Nothing worse than going through all the hassles trying to get a key from nothing, than having a copy mage for little $.

Back
Top Bottom