$2.83 Environmentally friendly carburetor cleaning | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

$2.83 Environmentally friendly carburetor cleaning

You need the proper screw driver. All star screw drivers are not equal. You have SAE drivers, you need JIS for correct fit.

If inside passages of carb are dirty it will run poorly or not at all.

Edit: JIS = Japanese Industrial Standard

Last edited:
You need the proper screw driver. All star screw drivers are not equal. You have SAE drivers, you need JIS for correct fit.

If inside passages of carb are dirty it will run poorly or not at all.

Edit: JIS = Japanese Industrial Standard

JIS screw driver! I will buy it soon. Have a nice day.

get the correct bit and get one of these..

impact-screwdriver.jpg

and it will be much easier to remove those stubborn ones...

Totally agree!

So technically CARB cleaner is better - unless you make a trip to the recycling centre to drop off this pine-sol stuff.

just dump it in with your old engine oil...gotta make the trip to drop that **** off anyways.

Great post, looks like all the parts are new! I will have to tell some friends who have the carbs.

I have used this for years myself to clean all sorts of gunked up old bits of metal (carbs, tools even old DE razors)l.

NOTE: use the original not the scented. The scented is a different mix of chemicals that are not as nice to metals and rubber.

Just tried this with my 26mm Mikuni's. Worked pretty damn good. The only thing that I had to clean with laquer thinner was the tube that the pilot jet dropped in.

This is a before (the Pinesol dip) shot. I had to use a Qtip with laquer thinner to get the PJ tube clean.

Jeff
'87 RZ 350

Last edited:

Yep seen Pine Sol work before .

Here is a little tip as well. Put your parts in a bigger compartment, fill it up with Pinesol and close it up. Place a sander or something that vibrates on top of comparment.

It will clean up the item much faster.
This is what I do...except instead of the sander I THROW THE WIFE'S LITTLE BUDDY IN A FREEZER ZIPLOCK AND TOSS IT IN THE CONTAINER...EVERYONE IS HAPPY!!!

Just kidding!!!

I never waste Ziplock bags!!! LOL

FYI the remnant should be disposed of at your local hazardous waste depot, not flushed down the drain. It contains hydrocarbons that the filtration plant isn't designed to handle.

It seems to me that the amount of hydrocarbons would be small enough that you could pour this mixture onto your lawn and you'd be good

It seems to me that the amount of hydrocarbons would be small enough that you could pour this mixture onto your lawn and you'd be good
Better yet, throw some hot water in the mix and use it to wash your tires and rims (not highly polished or too expensive but OEM ones would be fine) and hose off down the drive. You paid for the soap anyways.

Good on aluminum up to 2 weeks (took this long for the rust build up and gunk to wash away)

Rubber and gasket was also good for up to 2 weeks

If the object isnt aluminum its safe for 12-14 hours or you risk discolouration.

I use 60-40 pinesole to h2o ratio
y5a6yvah.jpg

y4u9ute4.jpg

muzy4udy.jpg

I have a spare fuel tank that I'd like to use on my track bike. Little bit of rust on the neck and a little bit inside the tank as well. Just dump this stuff in the tank for an hour or two and call it a day? I'll be removing the fuel pump if that makes any difference, thanks!

This works well on aluminum. I'm assuming your spare tank is steel. If so, you need to do some electrolysis on it.

I have a spare fuel tank that I'd like to use on my track bike. Little bit of rust on the neck and a little bit inside the tank as well. Just dump this stuff in the tank for an hour or two and call it a day? I'll be removing the fuel pump if that makes any difference, thanks!

I dunno if Pine Sol will strip rust...

Back
Top Bottom