Urgently needed: Flasher Relay for bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Urgently needed: Flasher Relay for bike

for future reference, princes auto sells a plug and play electronic flasher for 10 bucks.

"Plug and play", eh? And I'll call bullsh*t on that, as plug and play means exactly what it is - unplug original relay, plug the new one in. I bought one of those fancy 'plug and play' from GP, and of course instructions said CUT YOUR OEM CONNECTOR OFF. Well, I went on ebay and bought a real plug and play - unplugged my Honda relay, plugged that one in, went for a ride.

I just want to let you guys know that the custom led flasher relay works :) however the signal indicator on the dashboard lights are really dim but i can still see it. Anyone know if this will affect when getting ones safety certificate?

I just want to let you guys know that the custom led flasher relay works :) however the signal indicator on the dashboard lights are really dim but i can still see it. Anyone know if this will affect when getting ones safety certificate?

Were the indicators dim before you installed that custom flasher? If they weren't, then you didn't install it right.

Bumping this thread because I just had to do this myself, lol. Got the HD12 2 pin electronic flasher off the shelf from CT, cut the pigtail off the busted Chinese flasher and soldered it on to the CT one. For slightly more money probably could have just bought something more application appropriate but I didn't want to wait and the wiring in the bike is already a bit ghetto. Plus it has a cool loud magnetic clicker

Bumping this thread because I just had to do this myself, lol. Got the HD12 2 pin electronic flasher off the shelf from CT, cut the pigtail off the busted Chinese flasher and soldered it on to the CT one. For slightly more money probably could have just bought something more application appropriate but I didn't want to wait and the wiring in the bike is already a bit ghetto. Plus it has a cool loud magnetic clicker

Yeah...they do sell ones that are a direct plug in..assuming your model/year is relatively recent.

I tend to keep things tightly fitted & waterproof because when it's time to chase an electrical gremlin, I don't want to spend an entire day.

Isn't this a bike? Don't you have a left arm? I thought hand signals were still legal?

EDIT:
super old thread that got bumped. Just read the first post and responded.

I tend to keep things tightly fitted & waterproof because when it's time to chase an electrical gremlin, I don't want to spend an entire day.

It's still an improvement over how it was before! To feel good about the general state of the electrical I'd pretty much need ALL the original lighting off a CB919 and most of the lighting harnesses, then throw most of what's currently on the bike in the trash. At least it doesn't have a Viper alarm lol

Back
Top Bottom