Urgently needed: Flasher Relay for bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Urgently needed: Flasher Relay for bike

subaron

Guys, my (turn signal) flasher relay stopped working today and I am leaving for a trip in the next few hours. I was wondering if anyone had an extra relay that they would like to sell. The part number is FE246BH 066500-4020. Let me know!

Try Canadian tire - alot of these relays are universal fits. had to replace mine during a trip and bought one from crappy tire that looked different, but did the exact same thing.
Just an idea

Worst case scenario - any bike store have universal bike 'digital flasher relays'. Cut off your original one with connector, wire in the new one, 2-3 wires and you're done.

Canadian tire said they don't have these!

Any particular universal one I should get. And from where and how much $$$

I find it difficult to believe the CT you went to didn't have them. Were they out of stock? There are 2 types, mechanical (around $7) for regular bulbs and digital (around $12) for regular bulbs or LEDs. Partsource and Princess Auto will also have them.

Last edited:
I called them all. Maybe they don't know these can be used for motorcycles and said no. Going to take a look at ct again. In Quebec right now.

I called them all. Maybe they don't know these can be used for motorcycles and said no. Going to take a look at ct again. In Quebec right now.

Why would you even call CT if there is like a dozen MOTORCYCLE stores in GTA?? GP Bikes, Royal Distributing, parker bros, riders choice, etc etc etc.

Looked at ct website. The flasher they have is about $4 but does not look like it will fit the bike.

Do you have part number for the digital one? Thanks for the help.

Looked at ct website. The flasher they have is about $4 but does not look like it will fit the bike.

Do you have part number for the digital one? Thanks for the help.

What do you mean by 'fit the bike'? If you want one which will plug right into your harness connector, then you will have to do some research and order the appropriate 'digltal' or regular thermal relay. I spent a couple of weeks talking to a few ebay vendors and actually found the 'digital' relay that plugs right into my F4i harness. If you want something fast, then any flasher relay will do, as you will have to cut off the OEM connector off your harness, crimp the wires on the harness with the connectors, which usually come with the relay, and then plug that relay into those connectors.

Wanted to add you probably can source this from Canadian Tire, if you go in with the old one and find the parts guy that's been working there for at least a few months. You will not be able to find it on their website or by anyone using their parts lookup system.

You won't find a exact fit but they all work the same way just have to rewire a CT one to your harness

Bought a universal electronic flasher relay from Canadian tire (product number 20-1032-0) made by Tridon. Cost $9 plus change

Works perfectly with the bike. But original plug needs to be spliced and connected directly to the flasher.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Thanks all for your help.

Old thread for the win! my relay just went out, read this thread went to canadian tire bought a tridon 12v relay 10$ simple plug and play woohoo!

I replaced my flasher with the tridon 12v electronic flasher relay and it didnt work the front turn signals would just turn on and dont blink, plus now my rear turn signal doesnt work... i got a 2000 yamaha r6 and and both the turn signals are leds.

Anyone know what to do?

I replaced my flasher with the tridon 12v electronic flasher relay and it didnt work the front turn signals would just turn on and dont blink, plus now my rear turn signal doesnt work... i got a 2000 yamaha r6 and and both the turn signals are leds.

Anyone know what to do?

Did you hook up the ground? If you hooked everything up correctly, then that electronic flasher is fried.

Did you hook up the ground? If you hooked everything up correctly, then that electronic flasher is fried.

What do you mean? I replaced the oem connectors with female ones so it can hook up to the electronic relay but I dont know if I hooked it up properly. The relay has "L" and another with "X" near the male connectors and the wires has a solid color (brown) and another wire with solid (brown) color with a white stripe. I think I'm just better off getting the Custom LED flasher relay one... but I can only order it online..
IMG-20130508-00504.jpgIMG-20130508-00508.jpg

Last edited:
Weird. If it's an electronic flasher, it needs a ground wire connected for electrical reference ground. I have a brand new flasher relay somewhere at home if you're in the west end, but need to find it. Also, bike stores should have one for sale - GP, Royal, etc.

I just bought a custom led flasher relay online, should be here next week. I live to far from the big bike stores plus i dont have a means of transportation except for ttc. Thanks viper for helping me i really apprciate it. Ill let everyone know if the new relay works.

I just bought a custom led flasher relay online, should be here next week. I live to far from the big bike stores plus i dont have a means of transportation except for ttc. Thanks viper for helping me i really apprciate it. Ill let everyone know if the new relay works.
If there's an extra wire that's not used/hooked up, it's for ground ;) Attach it to the battery negative or metal/frame and your digital flasher will come to life :)

-Jamie M.

Back
Top Bottom