600cc bikes in Superbike/Open - You can do it! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

600cc bikes in Superbike/Open - You can do it!

Caboose, I like that advice, Thank you. I'm extremely focused on losing weight and being in better overall shape physically and mentally next season. One of my goals this year was to not get lapped... That lasted two rounds until I tried open sprint haha :) Have fun this weekend Gents!

Werd!

For my last race in 2010 I was almost 240lbs. I took a year off (mostly for financial reasons) but I got in shape during that year off and for my 1st race this year I was about 185lbs.

Cycling lends itself well to road racing. The faster you'll get the more you'll ride with your legs. Cycling builds good leg strength and stamina, and it made a huge difference! My goal is to be 175lbs for next season.

Feel free to come by and chat if you ever have any questions about anything.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

^ The rule book is referring to six Rookie races, not six races in total.

just to clarify...this is a direct copy and paste from the rulebook: Competitor must have been competing in their first six race weekends or less to be eligible. This is ANY weekends anywhere with any road racing organization.

If i have to go on a diet just to compete in Superbike, i'm just gonna hang out in lost era instead;)

just to clarify...this is a direct copy and paste from the rulebook: Competitor must have been competing in their first six race weekends or less to be eligible. This is ANY weekends anywhere with any road racing organization.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I just didn't type it that way. haha You can't do a season with another Org and still be a rookie the next with SOAR.
Caboose- I'm cycling quite a bit. My goal was 2000 miles this year on the bicycle. I'm only at 1500:/ I'm at 235 right now. Aiming for 210-215 for next season. I have a large frame.

Feeling the need to comment here. Our Rookie class has ZERO to do with speed. Its a low stress place for people to get a feel for the track. Its not a stepping stone hence why I dont make people run it until I say its ok to move. its not like RACE's novice class. Was never intended to be and still isn't. Its capped by weekends to allow people in theory to run a season.
Back in the day when I started there was no such thing as trackday and 60plus bikes showing up TRYing to qualify. It was a madhouse and more than a few people raced once scared the crap out of themselves and never returned. A beginner class where everyone had little experience would have been welcome. It wasnt there.
Now that I decide what happens I decided to make such a class. I dont care how many trackdays you have done. Doesnt mean squat. 95% of trackday riders will never come and whoop up it just doesnt happen that often. Turning a lap by yourself is one thing. Doing a clutch start blasting into T1 with thirty other bikes pushing your way through while defending against the others trying to get by you AND still turning those times are something very different Racing is different than trackdays it just is.
Rookie will remain the same as its been it works well. Its well attended and I believe does the job it was designed to do.
Back to your original programming :)

So I was thinking of trying out Soar next year.

I have done track days for 1.5 years and did 3 RACE Novice weekends with finishes at the back of the pack. Not because I'm the slowest. I just need to get used to moving around other bikes on the track. I assume I would fit the the SOAR Rookie definition? By the way, I am old.

I also have 2 kids. They will be 13 and 15 next year. CBR125 and CBR250. Are their classes for them to come and get more race experience?

So I was thinking of trying out Soar next year.

I have done track days for 1.5 years and did 3 RACE Novice weekends with finishes at the back of the pack. Not because I'm the slowest. I just need to get used to moving around other bikes on the track. I assume I would fit the the SOAR Rookie definition? By the way, I am old.

I also have 2 kids. They will be 13 and 15 next year. CBR125 and CBR250. Are their classes for them to come and get more race experience?

You should look into the Racer5 and NuSpeed classes for your kids. You could could even consider doing the Racer5 class yourself.

You are still eligible to ride in Rookie so long as your bike is legal.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

And when say old, how old is old? Older than Ken :)

I'm 44 and am going to do some racing for about the fifth different series I've been in next year. You're only as old as you want to be.. my friend Larry "retired" from racing at 60 and then came back to do a 4 hour VRRA endurance event this year at 62. But if you don't want to... don't. Because nobody said it's the smart thing to do.

Dave Buckland pounds out laps on a pretty wild CBR600! Even raced a few nationals. Pretty sure he's in his mid 60's...

Thread revival! In all honesty, one of the best ways to elevate your game is to ride with people who are faster than you.

Do it!!

+1. At 60+ and having lost roughly 40 pounds since 2011 to command his 600RR, he's also a knowledgeable nutritionist for the blushing beer-bellied amongst us.

still makes me laugh, was following buckland around at TMP one day figuring i might pick something up (he didnt know this, i just happened to end up behind him). Right behind him going into corner 1 and started braking way before him and thought oh i must be braking way too early. Guess he missed his brake marker because he ended up running way out into the marbles as did i, thats what i get for trying to get a tow! haha

Back
Top Bottom