Motorcycle Trailer (tow behind bike) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Trailer (tow behind bike)

Vroom

I'm looking for one to pull behind bike---NOT to put bike on! Anyone have any suggestions as to make, etc. Which one pulls better and what to watch out for!

How about Both? One to pull behind that pulls a bike?

1993Virago014.jpg

Trailer037.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

These pictures just have too much win for words.... What's the trailer and where do I get it and the hitch for an en500 (LTD)?

Hitch is modified from a Honda GL500 (GL650) silverwing, no one makes a hitch for a vmax

The trailer is custom build, I designed and a local shop did the welding for me.

trailer003.jpg

trailer004.jpg

Trailer020.jpg

Hitch is modified from a Honda GL500 (GL650) silverwing, no one makes a hitch for a vmax

The trailer is custom build, I designed and a local shop did the welding for me.

Wheres the shop? I am building a single wheel trailer but I need the frame work. And also where did you get the hitch?

Seriously consider a single wheel trailer.
Make one? So far I am out $100 in materials for the body. Just need the frame. Figure I'll have spent $500 by the time I am done and still cheaper than the $1500 starting costs most places want.

There's a guy in Scarborough who rides a Goldwing with a cargo (not bike) trailer that looks like a mini yellow Ford Mustang. Used to always see it parked at a factory near Kennedy/Progress. Don't know if it was a custom job or if you can buy them like that somewhere, but it was pretty cool looking, while also kinda gay... lol

Last edited:
there are lots of trailers around. i find the most difficult part is to find a way to mount it to the bike.

I rock mine all over the place. I looked into trailers from June of 2000 when I saw my first Uni-Go trailer at Deals Gap, and finally after much research and debate, setteled on ThidWheelTrailers in July of 2009....and I don't regret it one bit.
29300_10150201164525314_1992396_n.jpg

406208_10151139552565314_114058951_n.jpg

Wheres the shop? I am building a single wheel trailer but I need the frame work. And also where did you get the hitch?.

The Shop I used is local to me (Watertown, New York) I provided technical drawings and required materials and they welded it up. As for the Hitch for the bike. I ordered it from Denray in Canada http://www.produits-denray.com/

Third wheels require no hitch on the bike at all. The latch to either end of a hardened rod passed thru the bike's hollow rear axle. The bike's suspension has absolutely no tongue weight to deal with at all.

Cool, I am hoping to make a hitch and save money. Everyone wants $200 plus for a hitch and I dont see how its that difficult just a matter of seeing how you want to hook it up. Gilligan is helping me with the whole process and I've sent him a dimensioned drawings of the framework. I am already working on the fibreglass body. Wiring seems easy enough until it gets to the point of hooking it up to the bike.

Third wheels require no hitch on the bike at all. The latch to either end of a hardened rod passed thru the bike's hollow rear axle. The bike's suspension has absolutely no tongue weight to deal with at all.

I looked into them and they can't do my touring bike. it is not a hollow axle :(

Cool, I am hoping to make a hitch and save money. Everyone wants $200 plus for a hitch and I dont see how its that difficult just a matter of seeing how you want to hook it up. Gilligan is helping me with the whole process and I've sent him a dimensioned drawings of the framework. I am already working on the fibreglass body. Wiring seems easy enough until it gets to the point of hooking it up to the bike.

You will need a wiring converter, since the brakee lights and signals are seperate on the bike but not on the trailer. I installed mine under the rear seat.

I looked into them and they can't do my touring bike. it is not a hollow axle
C:\Users\CATHER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\02\clip_image001.gif

How do you know if your bike has a hollow axle?

You will need a wiring converter, since the brakee lights and signals are seperate on the bike but not on the trailer. I installed mine under the rear seat.

Can I get one at Canadian tire or Princess Auto? I looked online and places want $100 or more.

I would love this type of trailer...now if only it wasn't a $2200 base price...maybe one day when I do longer trips.

Make one? I’m $50 bucks in and all I need is the frame hitch and wiring. Frame I figured I can make for cost of materials and wiring it depends on the converter. Otherwise I have all the wires so maybe $20 on lights and good to roll. Hitch we are discussing ideas now.

if you look thru the axle and you see sunlight :p

LMAO I didnt know if there would be a cap on it or something.

I'm a natural blond.... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Back
Top Bottom