Got caught speeding 33 km/h over in Caledon advice needed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got caught speeding 33 km/h over in Caledon advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyice

Hi Guys as the title say i got caught speeding on hwy 10 in Caledon by an Undie hiding on a Uphill/downhill section with a radar gun. What would u advise?

Plead guilty with an explanation? someone told me that the OPP station is right beside the Caledon court house so i can forget about the officer not showing up.

Plead not guilty and accept a plea bargain? I dont know if the caledon court is backlogged like the other courts in the GTA so im not sure if they will even offer a plea bargain or should I just go for a trial?

ANyone have any experience in the Caledon court?

Oh and one more thing, Im not sure if it matters but the officer wrote "Mississauga PL" in the street name section on the ticket and "Mississauga" again in the city section. I do live in Mississauga but my street name is not "Mississauga PL".

Any advice would be much appreciated.

botching your street name is not a fatal error
Ok thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone have any experience in the Caledon court? Im kind of intimidated by it because i know in small towns the officers, the prosecutor and the judge all know each other:(

Got a ticket last year, 32 over in Caledon on the way home from work. Wouldn't drop it, they have a thing about bikes here, went to fight it and the lineup was out the door into the parking lot. Payed the money not worth the 4 hour wait. The OPP here stop bikes for doing 2 over, living here I see all of them on a regular basis in town and on the back lines. All I can say is ACAB, good luck.

Last edited:
Having lived in the "Town of Caledon" for 12 years before moving to Guelph then Newmarket I can only say this... You're screwed. They will drop it down but you're still going to be paying for it. I think Caledon "seems" to target bikes because it sees so many. It's one of the more scenic areas close to the city so we tend to flock to it. You've noticed it! Admit it!... anyways. You're going to end up paying for it but DO talk to the prosecutor and see if you can work a lower ticket. They're usually pretty good about it... at least for cagers they are.

The OPP here stop bikes for doing 2 over, living here I see all of them on a regular basis in town and on the back lines. All I can say is ACAB, good luck.

Hasn't been my experience. Seen cops all the time while going with the flow of traffic (not more ...) and it hasn't been an issue.

Highway 10 is a hot spot for enforcement. There are ALWAYS cops somewhere. Pay close attention as the speed limit drops going into the village of Caledon ... the cop shop is right there. Pay attention going down the hill where the Forks of the Credit intersection is, and where the Flapjacks restaurant is - they love sitting near the bottom of those hills and zap people who haven't realized that the steep hill is letting their car coast beyond the cruise control setting.

Got a ticket last year, 32 over in Caledon on the way home from work. Wouldn't drop it, they have a thing about bikes here, went to fight it and the lineup was out the door into the parking lot. Payed the money not worth the 4 hour wait. The OPP here stop bikes for doing 2 over, living here I see all of them on a regular basis in town and on the back lines. All I can say is ACAB, good luck.

That "stop bikes for 2 over" thing generally only occurs immediately after a notable collision, involving a motorcycle, in which there is a death. Even then it's more stopping bikes for 10 over, while letting cars go at 20 over.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone have any experience in the Caledon court? Im kind of intimidated by it because i know in small towns the officers, the prosecutor and the judge all know each other:(

My last ticket was over six years ago on Highway 9 and required a visit to the Caledon court house. It was a biggie, fortunately it was prior to the 50+ law and the Crown was willing to drop it to 40 over. I figured that was as good as it would get and agreed to the offer.

Highway 10 is notorious for radar anywhere between Brampton and Orangeville. They really love to sit in the village where the limit drops to 50k because most people continue along at 70+. There are a few other hot spots on this section and weekends are always heavily patrolled.

The Caledon court house and OPP station are next door to each other, so the cop will be there. Get there early to be sure you can see the Crown before the your case is heard. Even with my ticket the Crown was willing to reduce the charge, so you should be able to get them to reduce yours to a more agreeable level. Good luck.

Hasn't been my experience. Seen cops all the time while going with the flow of traffic (not more ...) and it hasn't been an issue.

Highway 10 is a hot spot for enforcement. There are ALWAYS cops somewhere. Pay close attention as the speed limit drops going into the village of Caledon ... the cop shop is right there. Pay attention going down the hill where the Forks of the Credit intersection is, and where the Flapjacks restaurant is - they love sitting near the bottom of those hills and zap people who haven't realized that the steep hill is letting their car coast beyond the cruise control setting.

Been living in caledon my entire life. I have been pulled over in caledon only twice, once on a bike and once in a truck. [ 47 over on forks on the bike)

As soon as I saw 33 over on highway 10 in caledon i knew it was a guaranteed traffic stop no matter what your driving.

Ok update guys, i got the notice of trial and it is dated aug. 31! now im gonna go request for disclosure, do i have enough time?

Just. Maybe. Do it immediately and make note of the day you received the notice, and the postmark date if possible, so you can easily answer if they claim you were late in submission.

Submit your disclosure request RIGHT NOW! and if you don't get within a few weeks, submit another request

You have to show due dilligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom