Stinger Folding Trailer - Anything Similar Found Locally? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stinger Folding Trailer - Anything Similar Found Locally?

I'm actually surpised nobody has attempted to organize a group buy on trailers from any one manufacturer or company.
Seems like lots of people are actually interested in purchasing a cheap, small, collapsible or folding trailer.

The stinger, while cool as it is, is significantly overpriced in my opinion. $1400 would be much more reasonable than the $2000 they're asking.

If customers are buying and their sales are healthy there's no reason to drop their price. Especially considering there is very limited competition from anyone else in the market.

I'm sure there's a few guys who could build an equivalent or better trailer themselves on here.

The stinger, while cool as it is, is significantly overpriced in my opinion. $1400 would be much more reasonable than the $2000 they're asking.

And that's why everything today is made in China. Consumers don't want to pay the premium for made in North America.

$1400 is still a premium price for a single motorcycle trailer.

$1400 is still a premium price for a single motorcycle trailer.

Agreed. My brother and I have custom fabricated several trailers now, a three bike single axle cost me less than $400 in materials.

Agreed. My brother and I have custom fabricated several trailers now, a three bike single axle cost me less than $400 in materials.

that would be sweet if businesses sold stuff for just the cost of materials.

ummmm

that would be sweet if businesses sold stuff for just the cost of materials.

ummmm

Understood. But if I can make a three bike trailer in 6 hours, for under $400 in materials. How do they justify a single trailer for 2 grand? Other than the fact that people are buying it.

Understood. But if I can make a three bike trailer in 6 hours, for under $400 in materials. How do they justify a single trailer for 2 grand? Other than the fact that people are buying it.
well.

pay 2 guys wages for a full day to build one.

pay all your bills in your shop/warehouse/etc

pay someone to answer the phone and take orders

pay someone to put them on a truck and ship them

pay a driver to deliver them

buy the materials

etc etc etc

try to make a few bucks profit

Can you make one that does this?

[video=youtube;5s9lxQiRqiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9lxQiRqiQ[/video]

Seriously, do you think they can make regular flatbed single bike trailer, ask $2000 and expect to stay in business? And the new generation trailers have built-in floorboards. I've seen one in person and it's worth the cost if I could afford one.

Can you make one that does this?

[video=youtube;5s9lxQiRqiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9lxQiRqiQ[/video]

Seriously, do you think they can make regular flatbed single bike trailer, ask $2000 and expect to stay in business? And the new generation trailers have built-in floorboards. I've seen one in person and it's worth the cost if I could afford one.

Umm yes. It's just steel, you can weld/fabricate anything. In my particular case, a single trailer is not enough, and I have an acre of property so storage isn't an issue. That's why I built a 3 bike trailer.
I agree it's different when you're running a business. However I hear that a lot, "I'd love a stinger if I could afford it". Why not drop the price and make it up in volume?
My point was that I can build a much bigger, more elaborate trailer alone in 6 hours. Why would it take 2 "professionals" all day to build one, when they have jigs set up?
It's a personal thing, I think it costs more than it's worth. But it's a cool design and nobody is forced to buy one. Ymmv

If you can build an exact replica for half the price, you have my money.

No thanks. I work 60 hours a week, commute another 15 hours. My weekends are exclusively for my family and riding. When I build, it's usually for me, or helping my brother build something, not looking for side jobs.

No thanks. I work 60 hours a week, commute another 15 hours. My weekends are exclusively for my family and riding. When I build, it's usually for me, or helping my brother build something, not looking for side jobs.

too bad

does anyone know of a place that can make us a custom trailer like this?

Last edited:
Why would it take 2 "professionals" all day to build one, when they have jigs set up?

OK let's say it takes them four hours to build one.

All other costs stay the same.

Lol at the debate...... While you guys missed a fundamental concept of economic : supply and demand.

If there is demand there will be competitors.

too bad

does anyone know of a place that can make us a custom trailer like this?

I know a place that could make one without issue or difficulty. They build skid steer parts, snow blades, hydraulic forks etc etc etc.
They're mennonite manufacturers of heavy duty farm etc equipment.
You can check their site at www.martatch.com
If we get them somewhat accurate plans (I think a 2 bike folding trailer would be awesome - like 2 stingers in tandem side by side), I could approach them, as I have a business relationship with them already.

Last edited:
I know a place that could make one without issue or difficulty. They build skid steer parts, snow blades, hydraulic forks etc etc etc.
They're mennonite manufacturers of heavy duty farm etc equipment.
You can check their site at www.martatch.com
If we get them somewhat accurate plans (I think a 2 bike folding trailer would be awesome - like 2 stingers in tandem side by side), I could approach them, as I have a business relationship with them already.

i would be interested in the tandom.. unfortunately i don't have the plans for the stinger....could we show them a picture of the thing instead?

Back
Top Bottom