Stinger Folding Trailer - Anything Similar Found Locally? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stinger Folding Trailer - Anything Similar Found Locally?

I know a place that could make one without issue or difficulty. They build skid steer parts, snow blades, hydraulic forks etc etc etc.
They're mennonite manufacturers of heavy duty farm etc equipment.
You can check their site at www.martatch.com
If we get them somewhat accurate plans (I think a 2 bike folding trailer would be awesome - like 2 stingers in tandem side by side), I could approach them, as I have a business relationship with them already.

my friend, the plan itself is more than half the price that we pay.... R&D isnt cheap. Do you go to Chenzhen to ask them custom make you a cellphone?

I doubt they would beat the price if they have to do reverse engineering from just pics. Bring them a Stinger and tell them to duplicate it,

my friend, the plan itself is more than half the price that we pay.... R&D isnt cheap. Do you go to Chenzhen to ask them custom make you a cellphone?

I doubt they would beat the price if they have to do reverse engineering from just pics. Bring them a Stinger and tell them to duplicate it,
My friend has a Stinger folder trailer. I'll ask him if he drop it off to www.martatch.com to see if they can reverse engineer it and come up with a build price. I'll let you know how it goes.

If you can build an exact replica for half the price, you have my money.

And just watch the patent infringement case start against the manufacturer of this reverse engineered trailer! LOL

As I said before I'd love one but can't afford it. Maybe if I'd learn to do basic welding I'd make one up for myself. I'm sure ch channel steel isn't all that hard to come by. And most components can be bought then just assembled together and voila!

And just watch the patent infringement case start against the manufacturer of this reverse engineered trailer! LOL

As I said before I'd love one but can't afford it. Maybe if I'd learn to do basic welding I'd make one up for myself. I'm sure ch channel steel isn't all that hard to come by. And most components can be bought then just assembled together and voila!

Uh,... do you know the patent is gone now? The original patent holder "trailer in a bag" bankrupted and release the patent. Stinger is infact the one that pick up the design and make small customization.

Anyone can make it now. There are copy cats from China as well but cost after shipping , you're not saving much.

Uh,... do you know the patent is gone now? The original patent holder "trailer in a bag" bankrupted and release the patent. Stinger is infact the one that pick up the design and make small customization.

Anyone can make it now. There are copy cats from China as well but cost after shipping , you're not saving much.

actually I just took some interest in reading about this, and it looks like he died, with absolutely no heirs!! Crazy story on the V-Strom forum I found.

bankrupt? man I read this thread and assumed he was making millions on these overpriced trailers!

Did not know that but good info to know. I'll talk to a welder buddy maybe he's interested. Trailer in a bag type of deal would work for me as well.

Bag or fold up small MC trailer would be super. If can be made and reasonable CDN $ I am in.

found something similar to the stinger.

single bike trailer
http://bulldogfoldingtrailers.com/product/folding-motorcycle-trailer-single-track/

dual bike trailer
http://bulldogfoldingtrailers.com/product/folding-motorcycle-trailer-double-track/

what do you guys think?

plus these sit higher than the stinger so my speed bump issue on our common driveway is solved.

2 issues:

1) its priced higher ..... Lol and cost is the whole point of this thread

2) it looks to be extremely difficult to load the bike with one person.

2 issues:

1) its priced higher ..... Lol and cost is the whole point of this thread

2) it looks to be extremely difficult to load the bike with one person.
Cost of single bike trailer is actually less than the stinger.. nind you not by much..

Its a rid up trailer.... you jyst ride your bike on... from what i saw in the video that seems to be the case.

Just bumping this thread...as it seems to have been bumped more than a few times over the years. ;)

FWIW, Harbor Freight has their little folding trailer on sale for $299 right now.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automo...tility-trailer-with-12-inch-wheels-90154.html

I'm looking really, really closely at them, especially when I see how easy it looks to make a whizbang tandem trailer out of them. One that folds up and still stows away easily after the fact.

72209429_647555_full.jpg

I'm going to call tomorrow and ask how long they're on sale for. Even at $300 USD we're only talking $420 CDN, 13% at the border if you're not staying long enough to take it as your allowance, in the end still under $500.

I'll be down in usa Feb 2016 can pick up a few trailers if people pay in advance leaving Feb 16

just remember trailers require RIV paperwork, its not just a declare and pay 13%. Your bringing in trailer "parts", they are 13%

I'll be down with a buddy for 6 days so more then enough duty free

Back
Top Bottom