question about injuries | GTAMotorcycle.com

question about injuries

Kuro

Site Supporter
ever had any major injuries while learning?

Squidding it while learning .. ok obviously thats not a good idea but even when you're fully geared up?

Inexperience and no gear is a recipe for disaster. You should always wear your gear, especially If you are learning.

ever had any major injuries while learning?

Squidding it while learning .. ok obviously thats not a good idea but even when you're fully geared up?

Not stunting, but what appeared to be a "nothing" low side at low speed in the grass at the track ended up with a broken collar bone and a wrecked 2nd gear...

If the bike is uninsured as most track bikes would be, who picks up the tab for injuries and rehab? Is it covered by OHIP?

over 3 years...12 friends GOT INTO stunting.....now.....12 injured friends.....14 wrecked bikes

12 ex friends that dont ride now.....many have tickets/fines....

oh ya....chicks dont really like scars & brain damage....& financial ruin

over 3 years...12 friends GOT INTO stunting.....now.....12 injured friends.....14 wrecked bikes

12 ex friends that dont ride now.....many have tickets/fines....

they must have been really good lol

LOL...

yes..they WERE good.....just young and stupid....and of course....NO gear.....

Icon crap and running shoes....you know the drill !!

Some chicks dig scars, like I, just not road rash scars, those say you're stupid.

If you can justify running full speed and then diving and sliding on the pavement in just a T-shirt and shorts, then ride without gear, but it'll hurt when you crash.

If you're thinking gear won't do any bit a of difference, that is not true. I high sided at 140, walked away without a scratch. So I say wear some gear, don't risk your skin for looking "cool" (douchey)

I have never hurt myself really badly or broken any bones from actual stunting, all my serious injuries came from street riding...And I do not wear much gear besides a helmet and gloves. From actual stunting I have sprained my wrists pretty good a few times, also ankles and knees. Gotten some rash here and there, and just the usual little scrapes and bruises on shins, legs, knees, and arms/elbows. Every once in a while when I get a nice rag dolling, I get stiff and cant walk or move easily for a few days to a week or so...

Although I guess the question really depends on what you consider stunting? I read a comment about tickets/fines, and another about bad rash scars. So it makes me question if you are asking about poser stunting on the streets, or actually practicing real modern day stunt riding techniques in a parking lot....The only rash on my body that has left any substantial scarring, is again from street riding...And I have been stunt riding since about 2005 and dont know anyone that has ever gotten a ticket for stunts in a parking lot...

I don't stunt at all. However it can't be a bad thing to wear all the gear when you're playing a high risk sport.

You don't wear a seat belt because you expect to need it. Most people could say it hasn't done a thing for them. You wear a seat belt because if you get very unlucky you're going to be glad you had it on.

I have never hurt myself really badly or broken any bones from actual stunting, all my serious injuries came from street riding...And I do not wear much gear besides a helmet and gloves. From actual stunting I have sprained my wrists pretty good a few times, also ankles and knees. Gotten some rash here and there, and just the usual little scrapes and bruises on shins, legs, knees, and arms/elbows. Every once in a while when I get a nice rag dolling, I get stiff and cant walk or move easily for a few days to a week or so...

Although I guess the question really depends on what you consider stunting? I read a comment about tickets/fines, and another about bad rash scars. So it makes me question if you are asking about poser stunting on the streets, or actually practicing real modern day stunt riding techniques in a parking lot....The only rash on my body that has left any substantial scarring, is again from street riding...And I have been stunt riding since about 2005 and dont know anyone that has ever gotten a ticket for stunts in a parking lot...

EXACTLY!
watch my 2nd gear stand up wheelie bro!

If you don't have permission to use a parking lot from a person qualified to give permission you could get some trespassing issues.

My bigger concern would be a dangerous driving charge. Since it is a criminal charge police can lay it even if it happens on private property. Happened a few years ago at the falls with guys stunting their cars. Gumball Rally or something. If spectators are in danger of getting hurt it's a possibility but I don't know if it has ever happened.

as with all types of sports, theres an aspect of danger involved but its good to know that its more or less contained with proper equipment. I've read a lot of stories on stunt ride of squids joining a lot and one actually recently paralyzed another stunter.

so it seems for the most part, learning in the lot and taking it slow is actually safer (wrt major injuries) than riding on the street.

If you don't have permission to use a parking lot from a person qualified to give permission you could get some trespassing issues.

My bigger concern would be a dangerous driving charge. Since it is a criminal charge police can lay it even if it happens on private property. Happened a few years ago at the falls with guys stunting their cars. Gumball Rally or something. If spectators are in danger of getting hurt it's a possibility but I don't know if it has ever happened.

Again coulda shoulda woulda........As I said I have actually been at this for 6 years, and it has never happened to me or anyone I know...And yes the police come all the time, they tell you to leave you leave. If your stupid enough not to listen then maybe youll get a dangerous driving charge for your own stupidity...

Again coulda shoulda woulda........As I said I have actually been at this for 6 years, and it has never happened to me or anyone I know...And yes the police come all the time, they tell you to leave you leave. If your stupid enough not to listen then maybe youll get a dangerous driving charge for your own stupidity...

I'm not into stunting (Goldwing) and find it annoying that practicing collision avoidance, extreme braking etc on the streets would have gramps reporting me. My understanding of the trespass act is that one has to be persistantly obnoxious to make it worthwhile for the owner to pursue charges.

If a cop is decent he will appreciate you not practicing on the street and everyone goes their own way. The way it should be.

I'm not into stunting (Goldwing) and find it annoying that practicing collision avoidance, extreme braking etc on the streets would have gramps reporting me. My understanding of the trespass act is that one has to be persistantly obnoxious to make it worthwhile for the owner to pursue charges.

If a cop is decent he will appreciate you not practicing on the street and everyone goes their own way. The way it should be.

Yes pretty much they have to tell you to leave at least once, before they can charge you with trespassing, they wont just show up first time and charge you....There have been some pricks that dont care about the off the streets thing, but then again there have been some cool ones that do, and also that come to watch and bring other police with them also to watch...Bottom line is you have to have respect, for the property and the people who own or work there...And also towards the police should they show up...You can't give them the "Im in a parking lot you cant charge me attitude" because then they just might start looking for an actual way they can charge you...The other thing is if you have a trailer or van and are not riding to and from the place you practice stunts, you will also get a little more respect from the police. More so then if they know your are riding there, and will be riding on the street after you leave...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom