Waze app | GTAMotorcycle.com

Waze app

trilea

Hey have any of you guys tried the Waze iphone/android app. Its a free app that acts as a GPS and gives you verbal instructions but also takes into account traffic in real time. I downloaded it but haven't given it a shot yet. Once I use it for a bit ill put my thoughts down. But it seems pretty cool. This could be useful to riders who use their phone for music but don't have it mounted anywhere on their bike. Thus far I have been putting the destination into the maps app and just pulling over every now and then to check to make sure I'm going the right direction.

I have used it a few times, it's pretty good but be sure you have decent data plan.

It doesn't pull much data as it caches it and saves the info. A downside is that it will drain your battery pretty quickly if you leave it on for a ride.

I use it in my car with the hopes that another waze user will have marked down where cops are hiding out along my route. I use it and try to mark down whatever hazards I come across to keep it up to date.

Allan

I use trapster to DL data to import into my GPS for warnings and alerts. On iphone or Android it has verbal announcements of police and road conditions. See Trapster.com

Id suggest Klutch22...its more of a 'find your buddies' app though
and was of course designed for cars initially

I tried using trapster when I was living downtown I found its good for the cop alerts but not so much as a GPS. After using the Waze today similar problem... Sigh well on the upside when I pull over to check the map some times interesting stuff happens >_>

TomTom does voice instructions as well, and doesn't use your data plan. So does the one Garmin App as well. Just make sure you've got ~2GB free on your device for the map data.

Back
Top Bottom