Anyone into gardening here? | Page 35 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into gardening here?

Pull it and re-seed. Has always worked for me. I have even gone as far as to remove the neighbour’s crabgrass and weeds so they don’t spread to my lawn.

Always best to remove it before it goes to seed if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please come and remove my crabgrass too.

My neighbor saw a family of raccoons shimmying up my tree that the squirrels nest in. There are lots of dead leaves on the ground now, but I haven't seen any squirrels since.

From the garden a few days back.
attachment.php

Snagged another 4 lbs of cherry tomatoes and one lb of beefstake tomatoes today from the garden, plus 6 cucumbers (three varieties). I'm now in full immediate family sharing mode :). And another bunch of bok choy harvested. The first pea planting is also nearing the very end of its production; I ate the last of the last fresh straight off the vine. Reaping the rewards of the effort :D.

3 lbs of the cherry tomatoes are going to more of my world class roasted tomato soup recipe and cook (see the what's for dinner thread for pictures). One lb of sun sugar cherry tomatoes as well for personal fresh consumption :D. Some more great food posts coming on that thread. :agave:

Long live the garden! :wav:

Last edited:
Something is munching some of my beef toms. Annoyingly whatever it is just seems to take a few mouthfuls and then leave the tom on the vine. It’s not touching the cherry tomatoes. It’s definitely an animal as there are teeth marks. Very annoying.

The garden is still producing well. Ate some of the very last peas off the vine. My new pea plantings sprouted but aren't taking. At least there's plenty of other stuff. Had some very tasty late producing raspberries as well.
attachment.php

Got another three lbs of cherry tomatoes out of the garden too (not in the picture). Made more roasted tomato soup and froze it :).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Just back from a east coast trip and missed the last of the peas.

However sunnies are taller than I! Not too too hard as I am "5foot****all" according to my husband but they have to be 6/7 feet each.

I am also swimming in hops again. Such a great plant for coverage, it grows along my wire fencing like a grapevine. Tend a bit and it'll tend to give you a lot back

Found the tomato thief. A rat. It’s been busy set up in my shed hauling toms in there for a feast then a literal shitfest. Little bastard escaped from the wife yesterday running past her out the shed. The dog has been given the contract. The name's Bouvier, James Bouvier. Licence to kill.

KW have you posted a pic of your garden? With everything you grow, it must be huge. I may scale back on the tomatoes next year in hopes of giving more room, and hopefully getting more, zucchini and cukes.
Also may try some carrots and potatoes. Never really considered it before seeing your posts.
Still going to avoid the leafy greens though. I still can't seem to get it right.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Nice haul. Wondering why I have grass over most of my backyard and not a garden.....
Thx Riceburner. Cheers. Urban gardening is making a bit of a comeback. Shanekingsley's front garden is sweet.

KW have you posted a pic of your garden? With everything you grow, it must be huge. I may scale back on the tomatoes next year in hopes of giving more room, and hopefully getting more, zucchini and cukes.
Also may try some carrots and potatoes. Never really considered it before seeing your posts.
Still going to avoid the leafy greens though. I still can't seem to get it right.
Thx Joe Bass. It's nice to experiment and change a few things up in the garden from year to year, go for it. I've posted a few pictures over the last few years in this thread. Here's a picture of the garden from August.
attachment.php

Cheers

That is a full garden, very nice. I actually expected it to be bigger based on what you have posted that you've harvested. Well done.
I don't have the patience/ discipline to tend to a garden that big. I only do a meh job of tending to mine.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom