Anyone into gardening here? | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into gardening here?

Just saw this on the Twitter, thought it may be useful here.
b9672abcf985d89f2a9ed9e6fe8fa45e.jpg

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Good luck trying to get rid of lemon balm or catnip once they're established.

Good luck trying to get rid of lemon balm or catnip once they're established.
Funny you say that as I would have only considered the other 4

4529db862fba3572f41e250a61cf2150.jpg
e01357f5b5f27ad746a437cca4a8ed26.jpg

Am I doing ok here? I seem to be constantly pulling dandelions in the garden and in between the cracks of my interlocking in my driveway. Is there a cheap way to get rid of them as opposed to me pulling them to find them come back again?

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

4529db862fba3572f41e250a61cf2150.jpg
e01357f5b5f27ad746a437cca4a8ed26.jpg

Am I doing ok here? I seem to be constantly pulling dandelions in the garden and in between the cracks of my interlocking in my driveway. Is there a cheap way to get rid of them as opposed to me pulling them to find them come back again?

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Not sure about driveway as that is just the nature of things, Nature and Life always finds a way; but, mulching with straw is a very effective way of suppressing weeds without the need of chemicals as well as having a soil-water retention layer.

No real need spraying those lovely raspberry plants for some minor inconvenience, plus dandelions are edible.

Those raspberries look tasty, it reminds me of my time in S. Germany and having the best marmalade/jam from the Black Forest. I'm not a huge sweets guy but consider making Black Forest Cake with the next harvest and replace the cherries/compote with those berries slightly macerated with a squeeze of lemon and just a hint of sugar, it really makes the cake:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=schwarzwalder+kirschtorte&t=lm&ia=recipes

My potted tomato plant delivered two golf ball sized treats yesterday. Considering I paid bout $20.00 for the plant that's about $10.00 each. The taste was worth it and there are a bunch more coming along. It was a bit of an experiment so the price was more for the education.

My potted tomato plant delivered two golf ball sized treats yesterday. Considering I paid bout $20.00 for the plant that's about $10.00 each. The taste was worth it and there are a bunch more coming along. It was a bit of an experiment so the price was more for the education.
My tomatoes are all still green. But huge.

I've had toms from a Tumbler plant for a week and a bit now. Bit watery unfortunately but also unsurprisingly. Last week I cleared all the leaves away from the developing tomatoes on the other plants to let the light in to ripen them. Looks like a good crop, hope it dries up a bit to concentrate the flavour.

Back
Top Bottom