sub cage | GTAMotorcycle.com

sub cage

Kuro

Site Supporter
OMR seems to have stopped making sub cages.
Impaktech .. i can't friggen navigate their myspace page

what do you guys use?

recommendations?

sub cages are HEAVY!!!! I dont' stunt...but they weight a ton.....

If I were you...i'd try to get on Johnnyp636's good side....he has a bag of tricks up his sleeve.

Have you considered stunt pegs + stock rear subframe?

yeah johnny p636 has given me a ton of good advice. I bought an SI cage and his comments on it were pretty much spot on.

I was actually expecting JP to jump on this thread lol.
stunt pegs can still break the mounts off the subframe which is why I'm kind of opting for a sub cage.

Impaktech you gotta call or email, see my thread on that.

RSC has a badass subcage but its pricey

OMR is done and I don't think anyone is making the same style that he was (folding forward angle pegs)

I just bought 2 RSC billet subcages, they are pricey but worth every penny. The peg location is adjustable and there is a warranty on the parts. Before that I would just make my own reinforced out of the stock peg brackets, I never liked any of the tube style ones on the market....And Sickinnovations were retarded with the few I dealt with them

RSC
IMG_0593.jpg

I just bought 2 RSC billet subcages, they are pricey but worth every penny. The peg location is adjustable and there is a warranty on the parts. Before that I would just make my own reinforced out of the stock peg brackets, I never liked any of the tube style ones on the market....And Sickinnovations were retarded with the few I dealt with them

RSC
IMG_0593.jpg

How do you like it so far. They look ****ing intense.

I don't know if I could bring myself to dropping more on a subcage then on a cage

I don't know if I could bring myself to dropping more on a subcage then on a cage

First of all thats a really bad comparison, cages are made of cheap steel, MIG welded with questionable quality. Majority of cage companies start off in someones garage, I dont know anyone that has a $50,000 CNC milling machine in their garage..The cost of the materials and machinery/software required to manufacturer the 2 products is a totally different story...

The RSC is probably the highest quality stunt part I have ever bought. Its CNC machined perfectly out of 6061 billet, comes with all stainless steel bolts and loc nuts. And is designed really really well, allowing adjustable peg position...And there is a lifetime warranty on all the billet parts of the subcage...Also almost all of it is shared between every bike he makes them for, to make it fit another bike all you need to do is buy a few parts.

Bottom line it is expensive but you get what you pay for....I will be buying a 3rd one for my other bike very soon...Even thou I already had subcages on all of them that I make myself....These ones are just better

Ive paid more for a Tyger Shark cage then I did for these RSC subcages, and some people think that TS cages are too expensive...However when you crash bad enough to damage the cage, and they allow you to sent it back, fix or replace it and send it back to you for free...Then it makes it worth the money for the lifetime warranty alone....My friend crashed through a fence at high speed, his bike hit a curb so hard before going through the fence it ripped his engine mount right off the frame with half the cage and twisted badly.....TS no questions asked told me to send it in, they sent back what looked like a brand new cage....

Last edited:
First of all thats a really bad comparison, cages are made of cheap steel, MIG welded with questionable quality. Majority of cage companies start off in someones garage, I dont know anyone that has a $50,000 CNC milling machine in their garage..The cost of the materials and machinery/software required to manufacturer the 2 products is a totally different story...

The RSC is probably the highest quality stunt part I have ever bought. Its CNC machined perfectly out of 6061 billet, comes with all stainless steel bolts and loc nuts. And is designed really really well, allowing adjustable peg position...And there is a lifetime warranty on all the billet parts of the subcage...Also almost all of it is shared between every bike he makes them for, to make it fit another bike all you need to do is buy a few parts.

Bottom line it is expensive but you get what you pay for....I will be buying a 3rd one for my other bike very soon...Even thou I already had subcages on all of them that I make myself....These ones are just better

Ive paid more for a Tyger Shark cage then I did for these RSC subcages, and some people think that TS cages are too expensive...However when you crash bad enough to damage the cage, and they allow you to sent it back, fix or replace it and send it back to you for free...Then it makes it worth the money for the lifetime warranty alone....My friend crashed through a fence at high speed, his bike hit a curb so hard before going through the fence it ripped his engine mount right off the frame with half the cage and twisted badly.....TS no questions asked told me to send it in, they sent back what looked like a brand new cage....

Holy ****, your boys bike got ****ed up!

I don't disagree that the comparison isn't necessarily fair, cnc'd subcage vs welded cage. My point wasn't in workmanship it was in cost, but to your point the lifetime warranty (which I didn't know about for RSC), the multi application design and durability pay off in the long run.

To be honest, I will probably go with that at the same time as ordering his clutch too.

Holy ****, your boys bike got ****ed up!

I don't disagree that the comparison isn't necessarily fair, cnc'd subcage vs welded cage. My point wasn't in workmanship it was in cost, but to your point the lifetime warranty (which I didn't know about for RSC), the multi application design and durability pay off in the long run.

To be honest, I will probably go with that at the same time as ordering his clutch too.

And dont forget adjustable peg position also, all the other subcages are fixed position unless you buy other parts to make them adjustable....For some bikes being able to move the peg location makes a big improvement...

Have you seen these, build quality definetly isn't the same but the foldable peg isn't a bad idea
http://stunterx.com/s/products/honda/stunter-x-subcage-w-spring-loaded-foldable-pegs/

No I havent it looks decent though....I used to like folding pegs, and the subcages I make all used folding pegs... Now after trying solid pegs for actual use in stunting they are much better, its way more solid feeling and they never fold up on your while your standing on them. Also there is no chance you can ever go for a peg when its folded up and crash just because you forget to fold down a peg...

Folding can prevent damage to your subframe if they actually manage to fold up in a crash, that rarely happens, and the pegs on the new RSC are made of plastic that will absorb the impact or shatter if its really bad so you only have to replace the peg....

On some bikes folding pegs are bad, depending on the cage and bike combo. For example my friends 05/06 636 would roll up onto the handle bars and gas tank with folding pegs. Solid pegs prevent the bike from rolling over

No I havent it looks decent though....I used to like folding pegs, and the subcages I make all used folding pegs... Now after trying solid pegs for actual use in stunting they are much better, its way more solid feeling and they never fold up on your while your standing on them. Also there is no chance you can ever go for a peg when its folded up and crash just because you forget to fold down a peg...

Folding can prevent damage to your subframe if they actually manage to fold up in a crash, that rarely happens, and the pegs on the new RSC are made of plastic that will absorb the impact or shatter if its really bad so you only have to replace the peg....

On some bikes folding pegs are bad, depending on the cage and bike combo. For example my friends 05/06 636 would roll up onto the handle bars and gas tank with folding pegs. Solid pegs prevent the bike from rolling over

How would folding pegs cause that? At the end of the day I'll probably end up with a Righteous Cage and Clutch. How long did it take for it to get here?

How would folding pegs cause that? At the end of the day I'll probably end up with a Righteous Cage and Clutch. How long did it take for it to get here?

The pegs fold up and allow the bike to roll over, with solid pegs the bike rests on the pegs and dont allow it to roll over...

Takes about a week t0 10 days for RSC stuff to get here usually

Back
Top Bottom