Sunday May 27th, 11am, Ride to Forks of the Credit, get bike tested by police! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sunday May 27th, 11am, Ride to Forks of the Credit, get bike tested by police!

toysareforboys

Banned
Site Supporter
Ride to Forks of the Credit, get bike tested by police!

Date: Sunday, May 27th.
Time: Meet up at 10:30am for 11:00am roll out.
Destination: Forks

And I quote:

"The Town of Oakville and Halton Regional Police are offering public awareness sessions on May 27 and June 24 to give owners a chance to test their motorcycles for decibel levels, free of charge, before the new by-law is enforced.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 – noon to 3 p.m.
Town Hall – Main Parking Lot, 1225 Trafalgar Road"

My plan is to meet up at the Timmies at Kennedy Commons around 10:30am for an 11:00am roll out. We'll cause a ruckus on Forks of the Credit road, then let the police test our bikes. I'm hoping I can set the high score! Bring em LOUD AND PROUD BABY!

Let me know if you're in :)

-Jamie M.

lol, heard your exhaust, might as well bring your own cuffs...hahaha
HAHAHA! :) I sure hope I don't need cuffs... and I quote:

"before the new by-law is enforced"

-Jamie M.

Ok peeps, I've got a few messages from people saying "I'm not going, cause my bike is stock." Listen up. EVEN SOME STOCK BIKES FAIL! That's a $400 ticket just because you thought your stock mufflers would pass! After a few years the packing in your muffler deteriorates making your bike just loud enough to fail!!! It's better to find out, than not know! Plus, just come for the ride, Forks and Hockley are scenic roads :)

-Jamie M.

I will come out... My bike is loud as hell, just the way I like it.
Sweet! See ya there. What exhaust ya got?!

2bro seems to be disliked in general :(
Everyone hates them, except for the people that own them :) I got a two bro's on mine. Custom 10" M2 can directly welded to the header collector! She's loud without the P1X in the end, and I'm not even sure if that'll help.

I'm going to come with no baffle, get tested, and if they'll allow it put my baffle in and get tested again.

-Jamie M.

I might be interested... You don't stand a chance Jamie!

Hyperflo. Ppl that know my bike will tell you... With the baffles out, GAME OVER! I'll have some time coming up. I'll post something

As god a reason for a ride as any :)

It will be interesting to see if my never-repacked, nine year old Yoshi RS3 will pass. It's not really loud until I rev'er up and it's not obnoxious at all.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning how to ride will do :)

Lol, you guys are so funny. If they hear ANY loud bike after July 1st, they'll test ya. They won't just test ya cause your plate is on a "watch list" ;)

-Jamie M.

Is the planned route going 401 to hurontario? Wondering if I can meet up along your route somewhere before the forks but off the highway. It's off my list until July.

I'm feeling really sick :( not sure if it's something I ate. If I'm not feeling better by the morning I ain't gonna make it :( I'm hoping Juan can come out and lead it, he has some sick sick roads to rip by Forks of the Credit. If I'm alive enough I'll post up in the morning. My weather program says thunder storms in the morning and light ran in the afternoon, but I don't see much/any on live radar...

-Jamie M.

It's official, I'm sick :(

Sorry guys, gotta sit this one out.

Have a look at the live weather radar before you head out: http://bit.ly/lV1h80

I sent Juan a message to make sure he leads you guys on an awesome route ;)

-Jamie M.

Sorry man, won't be able to make this, had a long night and too tired to make the trip today.
Let me know how it goes.

I expected to be somewhere near the limit since my 10 year old Yoshi RS3 was never repacked. I was pleasantly surprised to find out it's way below the limit - just 85db at idle (limit is 92). To avoid any doubt, also tested at 2,000 and 5,000rpm. 88db and 98db respectively, both well below the limits.

They tested about a hundred bikes today, all with aftermarket exhausts. less than five failed, and all of those were V twin cruisers with straight pipes and no baffles whatsoever. One clocked 99db at idle, I wish they could test it at 2,000rpm (it had no tachometer).

All in all, it's pretty hard to fail this noise standard, so I think 99% of people with brand name aftermarket pipes will be safe. All bets are off when we are talking about cruisers...

IMG_1392.JPG

Back
Top Bottom