What came first, the chicken or the stingray hide (sportbike glove topic) | GTAMotorcycle.com

What came first, the chicken or the stingray hide (sportbike glove topic)

FriendlyFoe

Well i was just noticing on facebook someone riding with a glove that looked awful familiar, but not quite. Couldn't help but find it funny that two gloves like this just happen to exist.

EDIT: This thread was about the similarities between a velocity and heroic glove. Apparently i was mistaken, and this was all cleared up on page 5 by Jimmy at velocity, so skip ahead for the explanation.

Last edited:
In features offered, yes. In terms of the way they are constructed, no. All high end gloves are completely different designs from each other.

Here we go again....

Here we go again....

I dont frequent this site. I just know todd is a standup guy, i've heard mixed reviews on the owner of velocity. Shouldn't rip off artists be brought to light?

I dont frequent this site. I just know todd is a standup guy, i've heard mixed reviews on the owner of velocity. Shouldn't rip off artists be brought to light?

Regurgitation.... just shows that some peoples word is like their fallout.. it stinks and goes down the bowl to the right...

The last time I was on here I called Jimmy Singh and nicely explained that a. not only was he knocking my product off, b. that he was claiming that his product 'V..ty' was being raced in the USA in CCS, AMA and WSS by Jason DiSalvo. He also stated his brand was established in 2009 when in reality it was 2011. Why 2009? Well thats what mine says.... so people are fooled AGAIN so rises the ambiguity; who was first the chicken or the egg.

Like all ......'s I've dealt with, you can't trust them further than you can throw them, and I haven't been hitting the gym.

Is Jimmy a businessman yes. Is he an innovator, no. Ethical? Well, he gave me the word that he would discontinue this product and BANG...

I designed this product to meet the needs I found and my pro's needed and of each one I invested thousands of dollars in them and spent the time to come up with every feature the weasel you call a friend supposedly innovated. Though it looks like it... Not too HEROIC...

Last edited:
I just noticed that comment was my first post... Looks like cleanup for vendors is quite efficient around here. I was at least up to 20.

you're blind then. The stretch panel on the wrist, the design of the fingers, the split in the back of the hand, in another picture the way protection is built into the outside of the hand. It's all identical, the only difference is the way the forearm protection is constructed.

You dont really need me to pull pics of a half dozen high end gloves to show you how different most gloves are do you? It's quite obvious these gloves are cut from an identical mold, so someone ripped off the other. If you really think jimmy is super awesome and came up with all those neat ideas by himself....well

Taichi_gp_wrx_gloves_black_detail_1_600.jpg

alpinestars_gptech_gloves_black-white_detail_1_400.jpg

held_phantom_black-white_400.jpg

dainese_glove_fullmetalpro_redblackwhite_400.jpg

teknic_xcelerator_gloves_black_detail_1_600.jpg

And you really cant see how the first two gloves are identical? really?

Thanks to sportbiketrackgear.com for where i copied the images from. No they have nothing to do with this conversation.

Just to better illustrate FriendlyFoe's point:

glovesox.png

I remember the older thread about this exact same topic; after reading that, I definitely thought twice about making any purchases at Velocity.

can you patent a glove design so people can't knock you off?

why do all cars have 4 wheels? car companies need to stop copying each other.

Just to better illustrate FriendlyFoe's point:

glovesox.png

I remember the older thread about this exact same topic; after reading that, I definitely thought twice about making any purchases at Velocity.

actually the only things that look identical are the knuckle guards and that pinky guard thingy. so... if velocity knocked heroic off, how did velocity get the molds that made heroic parts?

Yep, they are quite similar. Perhaps this thread could be used as part of your resume when you apply for a job at the FBI.

actually the only things that look identical are the knuckle guards and that pinky guard thingy. so... if velocity knocked heroic off, how did velocity get the molds that made heroic parts?

Not the first time this has come up.

Identical? No.. but very similar.. yes.

- Knuckle protection
- Finger articulation
- Logo placement and colour choices (look at the black and white velocity glove)
- The name of the glove model itself
- Wrist articulation
- Wrist enclosure
- The shape of the panels that make up the palm
- Thumb protection
- Placement of the stingray armour

When that many things are that similar I refuse to accept that it's a coincidence.

Velocity also claimed that Jason DiSalvo was wearing their glove, but he wears Heroic. That post has since been edited but it's stored in a Google cache somewhere.

Oh. Dear.

How has this not gone to court yet (i.e. potential libel in one instance, versus copyright/trademark(?) infringement stemming from idea theft on the other)?

Back
Top Bottom