M1 Exit Test Oshawa | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 Exit Test Oshawa

200 John St. West
Oshawa, ON L1J 2B4

Examiner: Jeff

Test Format
1. Hand Signals (Right, Left, Stop)
2. General Motorcycle Instrumentation (clutch lever, front brake, throttle, etc..)
3. Figure 8 bike walk
4. Serpentine ride
5. Straight line drive followed by a controlled stop
6. Street riding (see pictures)

I just wanted to write this up as during my search for any information on the M1 exit test(which was not from the Driver Handbook), I was unable to. I like to be overly prepared for most things and therefore wanted more information. From my experience today, the most difficult part was the Serpentine. With that said(see picture of exam paper) the serpentine is satisfactory or unsatisfactory, so not getting this part done is ok (if you do everything else right). The goal is to complete it. Take your time and put your foot down if you have to, but COMPLETE it. Why? Because if you dont the the examiner will not allow you to move to the next task(FAIL TEST).

PM me if you have any questions but I think everyone with 3-6 months experience can pass.

Cheers

Attachments

• 2012-05-11 18.01.23.jpg
    2012-05-11 18.01.23.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 2012-05-11 11.54.25.jpg
    2012-05-11 11.54.25.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 2012-05-11 11.08.18.jpg
    2012-05-11 11.08.18.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 2012-05-11 11.54.08.jpg
    2012-05-11 11.54.08.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 140
If they ask you to identify the light switch tell them the light comes on automatically with the bike. not to be confused with the dimmer switch.

Congrats about the exam!

I have a question about the test, as I will be doing it at the end of june, for the serpentine test, how wide are we allowed to go for the turns? can I do a "bowtie" style instead of the tight "S" style?

I did mine yesterday and one of the examinees did the "bowtie" -- his turns were quite wide, but he passed.

Also, I'm not sure about Oshawa, but in Aurora the pavement is marked with X's where the cones go... so if you're nervous, you can go practice.

Congrats about the exam!

I have a question about the test, as I will be doing it at the end of june, for the serpentine test, how wide are we allowed to go for the turns? can I do a "bowtie" style instead of the tight "S" style?

I did mine yesterday as well. I'm amazed anyone needs to put their feet down. Can't they figure out that if you can't control a bike at low, low speed then how are you going to do it at high speed? I saw guys put their feet down several times, ride over cones etc. One guy even stalled. They all passed. Pathetic really. Thank god I don't share the road with this crap.

I passed mine in Oshawa 3 weeks back. I put my foot down several times and the guy didn't mind, although i failed the serpentile, i passed everything else listed on the serpentile(balance, control etc). The guy understood its not easy on a sports bike. The person is very understanding and gives you chances to redo it again if you cant do it for the 1st time. I cant imagine having a more reasonable test instructor. Just keep your kool and complete the test. The only way he will let you on the road is if you pass the 8, serpentile and brake test.

This seems a touch too critical. I had no problem with the serpentine, but a couple guys with SS bikes did and I can't really blame them; those things are pretty difficult to maneuver in tight spaces. Add nerves to the equation and you've got some 'cyclists who make mistakes they otherwise may not have under regular riding conditions.

I did mine yesterday as well. I'm amazed anyone needs to put their feet down. Can't they figure out that if you can't control a bike at low, low speed then how are you going to do it at high speed? I saw guys put their feet down several times, ride over cones etc. One guy even stalled. They all passed. Pathetic really. Thank god I don't share the road with this crap.

How fast was the speed going back to do the brake test? When you initiated the breaking, was there a point to hit the breaks?

My instructor told us to go "about the speed of traffic" and then told us around 30km/h. Some people in my group went too slow and they were given the chance to do it again. The "point to hit the breaks" is just when you would normally initiate breaking when coming up to a stop; make sure you stop just before the line and that your tires don't lock up.

How fast was the speed going back to do the brake test? When you initiated the breaking, was there a point to hit the breaks?

Did my m2x (full m) there and I guess I'm the only one that had a harsh tester?? I passed though!!

I just booked my test in Oshawa today, next available date was last week of September. Searched for next date after that and it was into October.

If you want to get your M this year in Oshawa before the snow comes you better get booked now.

Did my m2x (full m) there and I guess I'm the only one that had a harsh tester?? I passed though!!

Life is harsh get used to it. Driver Examiners have a hard enough job without dealing with whining. Motorcycle riding is a lot of fun and can remain that way as long as you prepare for each ride mentally, physically and by having equipment in good working order. I practice to improve my skills regularly or if I haven't ridden in a while.

Back
Top Bottom