Parking on Islands at Fairview mall | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking on Islands at Fairview mall

Thanks brother, thats exactly what im doing :) waiting for a court date at this point, will update after court session :D

Don't forget to hassle them for disclosure. Then you get to see if there's any evidence besides the ticket.

Don't forget to hassle them for disclosure. Then you get to see if there's any evidence besides the ticket.

Hmmmm. Disclosure as in? as in if they have taken a picture, or measured distances which violate the bylaw etc etc? First ticket of any sort for me, so pardon my clueless-ness :p

Hmmmm. Disclosure as in? as in if they have taken a picture, or measured distances which violate the bylaw etc etc? First ticket of any sort for me, so pardon my clueless-ness :p

As in any and all evidence. Check the sticky post, about fighting your tickets.

What Rob said. Basically make all kinds of hell for them. All you need to do is cast reasonable doubt and the ticket will probably get thrown out. $250 isn't chump change, fight for it especially if you're not guilty.

In the unlikely event it goes to trial and the security guard is there you can tear him apart on those. Is it a designated fire route as per the Fire Dept.? Did he measure your proximity to it? What if any evidence does he have your bike wasn't moved? etc. etc. If it's a Parking Enforcement officer that gave the ticket it's a little different.

On the bright side, unlike with traffic tickets if you get off on the fire route ticket, they can't retroactively give you something else. I.e. if you were parked in a crosswalk and you got a fire route ticket, they couldn't change it to obstructing access route in court.

Last edited:
Mall security doesn't have the authority to issue city parking tickets so you don't have to pay them and they won't affect your license renewal... AFAIK. They can, however, send the ticket to collections to come after you. I don't know whether this would have any impact on your credit history (would be interested to know). Whether they would do this or not over a few bucks is the gamble. Doesn't stop me either.

The mall cop was likely just bored and wanted to exercise his "authority".

Fairview mall can do it, they have something with the city where they can and will, its kinda funny cuz they gave my brother a ticket for the same thing and another bike although the ticket was in a fire route $250, yet the funny thing is the moron security refused to give a ticket to a curiser that was in the spot, so were fighting it saying he just dont like sports bikes and its discrimination.

Fairview mall can do it, they have something with the city where they can and will, its kinda funny cuz they gave my brother a ticket for the same thing and another bike although the ticket was in a fire route $250, yet the funny thing is the moron security refused to give a ticket to a curiser that was in the spot, so were fighting it saying he just dont like sports bikes and its discrimination.

Anyone at any place that gets MLEO certification with the city can do it. That goes for any city as well.

Got a ticket last night in front of movie theatre near shoppers... I parked at the striped area near the handicap spot, which is the same place I always parked. I got the "Park vehicle on private property without consent".

Does anyone know if the ticket was jammed in my seat cover count as "affixing" the ticket to the vehicle? I thought it has to be a windshield with wipers to securely affix the ticket otherwise it's invalid.. :p

The parking officer/security moved my helmet because it was blocking my plate, I should have armed my helmet lock alarm, so he would make a scene with the rest of the folks standing at the entrance :D..

It's more securely affixed to your bike by being shoved under the seat cover, than it would be if put under a car's wiper. There's no specific requirement for how it's to be affixed.

Definition of AFFIX

transitive verb
1: to attach physically <affix a="" stamp="" to="" letter=""></affix>

Got a ticket last night in front of movie theatre near shoppers... I parked at the striped area near the handicap spot, which is the same place I always parked. I got the "Park vehicle on private property without consent".

Does anyone know if the ticket was jammed in my seat cover count as "affixing" the ticket to the vehicle? I thought it has to be a windshield with wipers to securely affix the ticket otherwise it's invalid.. :p

The parking officer/security moved my helmet because it was blocking my plate, I should have armed my helmet lock alarm, so he would make a scene with the rest of the folks standing at the entrance :D..

1. No that won't get you out of the ticket.
2. Be happy you weren't written a "blocking access way" $300 ticket.
3. While kinda funny, that probably would've gotten you a tow ;)

I received this ticket, same place and cost. Went to fight it in court and there were two other guys there with the same ticket. I parked next to the loading dock, another guy parked next to a bench... not sure about the other guy. Anyway, we argued we parked beside an immovable object and if there was a fire, it wouldn't change anything as well there was no intent to block a fire route. The judge told said to pay $30 and because he sentenced it for one guy, the rest got the same judgment.

I received this ticket, same place and cost. Went to fight it in court and there were two other guys there with the same ticket. I parked next to the loading dock, another guy parked next to a bench... not sure about the other guy. Anyway, we argued we parked beside an immovable object and if there was a fire, it wouldn't change anything as well there was no intent to block a fire route. The judge told said to pay $30 and because he sentenced it for one guy, the rest got the same judgment.

Guilty until proven innocent, don't you love traffic court?

I don't care what cagers think. I use regular parking spot. Same for other bike rider, if I don't know you don't try to share the spot. Plus I like the exercise.

Back
Top Bottom