No fuel guage? | GTAMotorcycle.com

No fuel guage?

JonnyWyshbone

Site Supporter
Why is it that my 07 zzr600 doesn't have a fuel guage? I can't think of a good reason for it not to have one, and I'm fairly sure older zzr models have one. Can someone explain? Are there any aftermarket solutions for this, I've always just counted my kliks but I'm curious why this is missing from the bike.

I just bought a 2012 Honda shadow & it doesn't have one either... Like some of the cars on the road today that appear to not have turn signals... I must be an additional cost :p

- Randy

I just bought a 2012 Honda shadow & it doesn't have one either... Like some of the cars on the road today that appear to not have turn signals... I must be an additional cost :p

- Randy

Wow, it must be the recession. I can understand a custom bike having no fuel guage, but out of the factory like that? Ive never thought of a fuel guage as a luxury item before :(

Wow, it must be the recession. I can understand a custom bike having no fuel guage, but out of the factory like that? Ive never thought of a fuel guage as a luxury item before :(
I've NEVER owned a bike with a fuel gauge. 2000 CBR 929, 2008 R6, 2009 R6S :)

Got so jealous when I rode my friends CBR 250 home from the dealership, OMG A FUEL GAUGE! Must be something for noobs ;)

R.I.P. CBR 250 :(

gaby_cbr250_accident1.jpg

-Jamie M.

Wow! I hope that didn't happen with you on it. And if it did i hope ur ok. Next thing you know bikes will be sold with no wheels, or all of a sudden rear brake will be an upgrade feature

Wow! I hope that didn't happen with you on it. And if it did i hope ur ok. Next thing you know bikes will be sold with no wheels, or all of a sudden rear brake will be an upgrade feature
No, it was my EX GF riding it at the time of the accident. Van turned left in front of her. Her only injuries were a broken face and cuts to her face due to the shield on her HJC CL-16 helmet shattering.

She's doing really well though, only happened like a week ago. Hopefully she gets a new bike :D

-Jamie M.

Crap I hope she GWS. But what is the logic with the making of a bike wit no gauge? Could guage accuracy over time be a reason? I get about 230 km from an 18 liter tank, I could probably go further but I've never used up all my reserve

I hear they developed an airbag for the new goldwing. I dont know how that will keep u from goin over the bars but someone thought it'd be a good idea

Do you have at least a low fuel warning light? A friends Honda 919 has that. Not as handy as a gauge but it is helpful.

FWIW my Ninja doesn't have a fuel gauge either. It does have duel trip meters though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if I'm just stating the obvious, but your bike is carbureted right? Just ride it until it starts chugging a little, switch your fuel over to reserve and away you go. You have 30-50km to find a gas station.
Practice switching to reserve while you are riding for when you start chugging on the highway! ;)
It will freak you out the first time but after that it is just routine.

I think it's just a marketing thing. Sport bikes are "supposed" to be minimalist, so no fuel gauge, just an idiot light. Meanwhile a CBR125 has a fuel gauge (and the old one had a real gauge, the new one has a bar graph but still better than nothing)

It does not make sense to me, either. For a while, Kawasaki was using the same gauge cluster on a variety of bikes. The gauge cluster has the display capability of a bar-graph fuel gauge in it and I think the Z1000 had it implemented. The ZX10R has the same gauge cluster with a different sticker on it which means the LCD elements are still there, but it only has a low-fuel idiot light. The sender in the tank just has a switch rather than a variable resistor (which probably costs and weighs next to nothing). I'd take the gauge over the idiot light any day.

1. Buy bike
2. Fill tank
3. reset trip meter
4. ride until fuel light comes on.
5. check trip meter
6. We hope you enjoy your new "fuel gauge"

I wish kawi had even thought about a warning light, but I guess Im lucky they put wheels on the damn thing :p

1. Buy bike
2. Fill tank
3. reset trip meter
4. ride until fuel light comes on.
5. check trip meter
6. We hope you enjoy your new "fuel gauge"

^hmmmm you look familiar;)

I only use my trip meter. No gauge or fuel light on my ghetto GS500f. lol
Yea really annoying but you get used to it.

Why is it that my 07 zzr600 doesn't have a fuel guage? I can't think of a good reason for it not to have one, and I'm fairly sure older zzr models have one. Can someone explain? Are there any aftermarket solutions for this, I've always just counted my kliks but I'm curious why this is missing from the bike.

The 07+ ZZR600 is the same bike as the 98-2002 ZX6R. Just rebadged with slightly different suspension. Back in 98 very few race replicas had fuel gauges. It wouldn't make sense to re-engineer the fuel tank and dash just for that.

Dude get over it, not all bikes have fuel gauges. Maybe it is cost cutting to keep the value of the bike lower. 38 Years ago when I started riding very few bikes had fuel gauges and we survived riding without them.

Use you trip meter!

P.S. if that was a feature you really wanted why did you buy a bike without one?

Back
Top Bottom