Ecu pin adjusting. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ecu pin adjusting.

daisoman

Site Supporter
Bike: 2007 Gsxr 600 with servo pin pulled

So I've narrowed down my FI light problem. I get a c27 code (ignition 4) from time to time and the bike runs like crap. Today I checked the ecu connections started the bike all was fine touched the ecu connection down and FI light, revs dropped and idled like crap. Lifted the connector slightly and back to normal(revs back to 1.4k, sounded normal).

Does anyone know how I could fix this problem. I've narrowed it down to 3 pins directly connected to cylinder 4 but they all look fine.

Could I just buy a new connector or bring it to the dealer or indy shop?

thanks

I know that Pro 6 Cycle has dealt with a similar problem on a friend's track bike - he gave up trying to fix it himself, and took the bike there, and it's fixed now.

The problem is that the harness connector is part of the main wiring harness, and the individual bits inside that harness connector aren't available separately, so the only "official" way to fix it is to buy a new wiring harness and re-wire the bike ... There are "unofficial" ways of fixing it but you have to be REALLY careful, those little bits are fragile.

Last edited:
Damn re-wiring the whole bike? It should only be one pin. Did your buddy do it officially or unofficially?

Pro 6 tinkered with the harness and made it work. We tried fixing the bike at the track, but it was too hard.

Ya I'm at that point where I can no longer "fix" my bike. I'm gonna call the pros

Best be asking THEM that. I would imagine that this time of year just might be a bit busy for them ...

Inspect the terminals closely, you MIGHT be able to see the blackness from the arcing and this will tell you which one is not making solid contact.
Very small tools are needed to remove the terminal from the connector. Then you can close it down to provide a more positive contact with the male terminal.

Back
Top Bottom