Rebel 250 in Burlington | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rebel 250 in Burlington

Loving your journey :) Don't worry about forgetting to turn off the signal switch, I do it lots too. Some days are better than others. I remember leaving home once and getting down the street when the bike died. Couldn't figure out why. Didn't take me long to think about my fuel switch. Sure enough......

So I'm riding up Walkers Line last week on one of my first rides when I passed a bike going the other way. Cool looking dude on a cool looking bike. Didn't occur to me that he was going to wave but of course, he did. It was a low wave. His hand just went out smoothly down and to the left. I feebly tried to wave back without falling off my bike. My wave was not as cool. Still, I was feeling pretty good about myself. Not only had I finally managed to get my license and take the course and buy a bike and learn to ride it but I had somehow been accepted into a brotherhood... I was a biker! Cool! And then I realized that I had left my blinker on from the last turn that I had made about two blocks ago.

And then I realized that I had left my blinker on from the last turn that I had made about two blocks ago.

A very common oversight, never fear you will get the hang of the "wave" and the entire "blinker" ordeal in no time !!

Welcome...enjoy you bike. Ride safe.

Finally got my M2 yesterday. I had completed the course but needed to wait until the 60 days ran out before I could take the envelope down to the drive test centre. Now I can carry a passenger, ride on a 400 series hwy (not that I want to) and ride at night. Last night I took her out just to see what it was like in the dark. Pretty cool. Didn't even know if the headlights worked until last night. ;-)

Congrats.
I wouldn't go 2Up for awhile until you really get a feel for your own bike.
Or better yet make them get their own and you can have a riding partner.:p

You'll get the hang of the blinkers over time. I've doubled the mileage of my bike over the last month that I've owned it, the previous owner took 6 years to do the first 6000. The more you ride the easier it will get. Enjoy it. Forget 4 wheels. You only need two!

Finally got my M2 yesterday. I had completed the course but needed to wait until the 60 days ran out before I could take the envelope down to the drive test centre. Now I can carry a passenger, ride on a 400 series hwy (not that I want to) and ride at night. Last night I took her out just to see what it was like in the dark. Pretty cool. Didn't even know if the headlights worked until last night. ;-)

I was kinda freaked out about the 400 series highways as well. Did it last week, went from Caledonia to Waterdown, Highway 6, Bypass, 403, Waterdown road to Waterdown and back. Looking back, not sure why I was concerned, the wind buffeting from trucks was the worst part, but very manageable.

Also drove around in light rain last week as well, got all dressed up went upstairs, saw it was raining and had second thoughts, then thought well, I gotta do it sometime, may as well do it during a light rain and on my terms rather than be caught in it.

A 250 cruiser like the rebel seems to be in a much lower speed/power class than a 250 sport bike like yours Joe. I can't seem to get mine to go faster than 90km/h. Not sure that I would want to brave the 403 as you did.

Besides, I'm happy to find alternate routes. It's about the journey right? ;-)

Last night, I met some buddies in Port Credit for a drink (iced tea for me). I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the ride down Lakeshore was from Burlington. I took my time and really enjoyed it.

True enough. I figured to get my M I need to do highway anyhow at that time, so may as well get some practice in :D

Time to change the title of my intro thread... I just bought a new ride. :)

2003 Honda Shadow 750 ACE Deluxe

Rebel 250 is up for sale on kijiji.

Now if the sun would come out then maybe I could start riding it.

Back
Top Bottom