Are you guilty of any of these motorcycle fashion faux-pas? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are you guilty of any of these motorcycle fashion faux-pas?

+1000000000000
High heeles or 'ballet' flats that offer no protection, leggings (or bare legs), tank tops and bare hands... always gives me chills to see.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes, seeing biker chicks dressed this way gives me chills as well...the horror...

I'm blind without glasses, so sunglasses and clear visor for me...and rim tape. I love my rim tape.

The **** is wrong with sunglasses? Jeans into boots - perhaps you're not wearing boot cut jeans and they won't go over? Iridium visors? Hi viz? Asinine list.

Sunglasses and high vis, really, don't see the issue.

I was just about to apply my rim tape...

They also missed the biggest fashion faux paux, rider in leather jacket, girl on back wearing only tank top. Dude, give her your jacket....

What about a hot pink bikini??

Guilty of the sunglasses and rim tape!

Sunglasses are a faux-pas? Maybe in Old Blighty it is, where there are only two kinds of weather: uptight and downpour.

Try deep summer in Ontario. You can still get mild sunburn with a tinted visor AND sunglasses.

Anyway, the list is hardly surprising, given that most motorcyclists think dressing like a cyborg stripper or Blackbeard's cabin boy is the height of fashion to begin with.

I :love9: my t-shirt + Ninja-turtle back protector + hi-viz vest.:)

Guilty of sunglasses, rim tape, stuffed animal, depending on my jeans they are either in or out of my pants. lol

I also see no problem with hi-vis or exhaust tape:D

Guilty of sunglasses and will remain guilty of said offence. Also guilty of the jeans into the boots. If I do happen to go down I know they will not ride up right away. Just my reasoning I guess.

I switched to a tinted visor years ago as my polorized sun glasses kept showing imperfections in the clear shield that couldn't be seen with the naked eye. I am guilty of the hi-viz thing though. My Frog-Tog jacket is bright green. I figure if I'm out riding through the rain, anything that can make me more visable is a good thing. Would switch to a hi-viz everyday riding jacket, but the bright colours on my arm in the sun light hurt my eyes after a while. I am considering a hi-viz helmet next time! Maybe bright green! Can't see your helmet while its on!

I don't ride for fashion. I don't really care how many of these I've broken.

I wear prescription sunglasses so would it also look stupid if you're wearing glasses in your full face? No...

The one thing I always wondered was the brand clashing. Say you ride a Honda, but you want a triumph motorcycle jacket because it looks nice, and yet you don't own one. Is that a faux-pas? And if it truly is a faux-pas to wear that same jacket on a triumph bike then I also think that's a stupid fashion "rule".

All right I once had exhaust wrap on my bike until it rotted and fell apart. Didn't bother doing it again. Sunglasses? Protecting your eyes from UV rays and blinding sunlight is unfashionable?

Camo pants: I'm looking at you Firestart.

The one thing I always wondered was the brand clashing. Say you ride a Honda, but you want a triumph motorcycle jacket because it looks nice, and yet you don't own one. Is that a faux-pas?

In the spirit of the article, only if you wear said Triumph jacket while riding the Honda.

All right I once had exhaust wrap on my bike until it rotted and fell apart. Didn't bother doing it again. Sunglasses? Protecting your eyes from UV rays and blinding sunlight is unfashionable?

Camo pants: I'm looking at you Firestart.

what pants...he has no legs.

Back
Top Bottom