KW Dragon Thread. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KW Dragon Thread.

OK.. so anyone have a decent sized trailer we can carry 2 bikes on comfortably?

Gary - would Smergy's CBR1000 and the Busa fit on the trailer?
The CBR's not really a large sized bike...

Waiting on your buddy, Gary...
Maybe give him a poke with a stick?

He's in Tim, I just saw his post & just off the phone with him. BlueVFR.

I'm going to book a room tomorrow - in the lodge from Sunday 15th - Saturday 20th.

Did you get a larger trailer?

OK.. so anyone have a decent sized trailer we can carry 2 bikes on comfortably?

Gary - would Smergy's CBR1000 and the Busa fit on the trailer?
The CBR's not really a large sized bike...

The Busa & a 636 wouldn't fit.
BlueVFR & I are going to do a 'test fit' with the Busa & the VFR soon. (I keep the trailer at a friends house in Burlington - no room at home). It may work if one bike goes in backwards.
There's still room in the truck bed for a bike - but my bike will be on the trailer. Truck is 4X4 and sits high. I'd prefer to see a Honda fall off the ramps, than a Suzi ;-)

Was thinking of the VFR in the bed, CBR and Busa in trailer. Should fit, really. I had a Ducati 1098 and an R1 in my Ranger's bed briefly last summer... Just during a transfer from one truck to another before going to ground, but we had them both in there.

Smergy's got chocks, and I'm sure he could McGyver something up to help keep a bike upright.

Was thinking of the VFR in the bed, CBR and Busa in trailer. Should fit, really. I had a Ducati 1098 and an R1 in my Ranger's bed briefly last summer... Just during a transfer from one truck to another before going to ground, but we had them both in there.

Smergy's got chocks, and I'm sure he could McGyver something up to help keep a bike upright.

The VFR is probably heavier, and longer than the RR (I'm guessing). Might be easier to put the RR in the bed?
I don't care who's bike goes in there, as long as it's not mine!
I know the 636 would fit in the bed, diagonally, or the tailgate won't close. (it has to close - my truck is like new)
The Busa is quite a bit wider than it looks when it's up on the trailer - the fat pig.
I take it you didn't get the large trailer?
BlueVFR (Cheuh is his name) and I both have chocks.

It is no way in your life the Honda will fall off. I am going to weld the bike frame to the trailer frame!!!

I can come up with something if need. I have a Miller at home.

The Busa & a 636 wouldn't fit.
BlueVFR & I are going to do a 'test fit' with the Busa & the VFR soon. (I keep the trailer at a friends house in Burlington - no room at home). It may work if one bike goes in backwards.
There's still room in the truck bed for a bike - but my bike will be on the trailer. Truck is 4X4 and sits high. I'd prefer to see a Honda fall off the ramps, than a Suzi ;-)

Smergy - your turn to chime in.. you mind if your bike's on an angle in the bed?
I'm sure it'll fit..

Gary - no go on the trailer.. it's not registered to the guy's name, but rather his company's name.. .insurance and all gets sticky.
Looking for another option.

T>

Smergy - your turn to chime in.. you mind if your bike's on an angle in the bed?
I'm sure it'll fit..

Gary - no go on the trailer.. it's not registered to the guy's name, but rather his company's name.. .insurance and all gets sticky.
Looking for another option.

T>

I've got 6'4" down the middle in the truck bed (it's got a liner), and about 92" - 94" diagonally - there's tie down hooks at the top and bottom - 4 corners of the bed.

sorry didn't get the email notifications today, weird. Anyways, what we do when we go to the track is the bikes are roughtly 1" longer than the bed of an 02 3/4 ton dodge ram, we have adapters taht extend the tailgate clips that work really well. Basically a piece of aluminum that lets the tailgate clip closed 1" further back. We can fit an 02 ZX-9R and the CBR in there with that snuggly.

If you know exactly how long the truck bed is, I can tell you exactly how long the CBR is, don't want to find out were 1/2" short or something stupid. I don't really care who's bike goes where, but I do want the CBR to be straight wherever it ends up.

How much room do you have in the back seat of yoru truck gary? I'm 6'3

I've got 6'4" down the middle in the truck bed (it's got a liner), and about 92" - 94" diagonally - there's tie down hooks at the top and bottom - 4 corners of the bed.

Last edited:
duplicate post - deleted

sorry didn't get the email notifications today, weird. Anyways, what we do when we go to the track is the bikes are roughtly 1" longer than the bed of an 02 3/4 ton dodge ram, we have adapters taht extend the tailgate clips that work really well. Basically a piece of aluminum that lets the tailgate clip closed 1" further back. We can fit an 02 ZX-9R and the CBR in there with that snuggly.

If you know exactly how long the truck bed is, I can tell you exactly how long the CBR is, don't want to find out were 1/2" short or something stupid. I don't really care who's bike goes where, but I do want the CBR to be straight wherever it ends up.

How much room do you have in the back seat of yoru truck gary? I'm 6'3

The truck bed is 6'4".
As for the back seat - it's a 2010 F-150 Super Cab (not the Super Crew) - it's roomy with nothing in it, but all our gear + luggage will be in there.

BlueVFR are you staying in the cabin or with gary?

The truck bed is 6'4".
As for the back seat - it's a 2010 F-150 Super Cab (not the Super Crew) - it's roomy with nothing in it, but all our gear + luggage will be in there.

I'll be able to take some overflow gear in the bed of my truck.. I'll have my cap on it for the trip...

right on, between that and the high walls on gary's trailer, should be able to make it all work. Just need to make sure we can shove the CBR in that truck, I can slack the chain to move the tire up a bit, I'll measure it tonight, its gonna be close. Maybe I'll borrow those tailgate clips for the extra inch just incase we need it.

So sounds like 1 room and the 2 BR cabin for the other 3 people? Theres a couch you could crash on when your friend visits Evil

I just booked a room in the Lodge from the 15th - 21st (sun - sat). Tim, you're right about them not honouring the "Slayer's" card - but, she said to speak to the mgr when we're there and maybe they will help out.

Tim you going to book the cabin for the same time? I'm assuming were driving home on the saturday? one shot there, one shot back?

I'm in for the trip, just need to figure out how to get the CBR to fit in the truck and have it straight, I'll do some measurements tonight, as long as you don't mind an extra body in the truck, Gary.

just measured the bike, its about 6'10", I doubt evils is shorter, a vfr and 1300 won't be either. Spyradar what is your wheelbase?

Tim you going to book the cabin for the same time? I'm assuming were driving home on the saturday? one shot there, one shot back?

Plan atm is to leave Sat afternoon, somewhere around 1pm - 3pm and drive until at least 1/2 thru Kentucky. Pull over and grab a room for the night. Leave there around 10am Sunday (no rush) and get to Fontana between noon and 1pm - unload & ride the rest of the day, usually a run thru the Cherohala to Tellico & back, and the Robbinsville loop, just to get warmed up - eat, and dive in the pool.
If your bike is in the bed diagonally - it will still be straight (upright) and tied down - should be no probs.
I have ramps. If you have curved ramps, that would be even better, as mine are 6' straight, steel ramps.

Back
Top Bottom