KW Dragon Thread. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KW Dragon Thread.

no problem with that, everyone gets what they are looking for that way. Let us know what kind of availability they have

no problem with that, everyone gets what they are looking for that way. Let us know what kind of availability they have

So, before I call... are you in or still undecided? If you're not sure, I'm not going to call to book a cabin....

We should probably figure out if we want to do the drive there/back in 1 day or 2, that will give us our dates, which we'd need to check for availability.

Personally, I'd rather leave early in the am (say 6 am) on the saturday or sunday, and just do a straight shot drive. ride either sunday or monday until friday, pack friday night, get up early saturday and drive back. If others prefer to do it in 2 days down and 1 day back (or whatever), not against it, but a straight shot saves a lot of dicking around trying to find a place on the road, meals, checking into a different motel, not worrying about having crap stolen, etc.

we could also pack saturday morning and leave saturday before noon, drive 12 hours, go to a motel, drive the last 4 on sunday, ride sunday. I prefer just doing a straight shot there and back, just to save time.

Thoughts guys?

we could also pack saturday morning and leave saturday before noon, drive 12 hours, go to a motel, drive the last 4 on sunday, ride sunday. I prefer just doing a straight shot there and back, just to save time.

Thoughts guys?

Think I prefer the leave Saturday, hotel it half way down, ride half day Sunday. Return straight shot Friday.

does anyone need to be back friday or is this just a preference? A straight shot would cut out any chance of riding on the last day. We won't have to worry about rush hour if we come back on a saturday. I have to take the week off of work anyways, would rather spend an extra day riding.

Just checked cabin availability.
We can get:
3 Bedroom Magnolia. King, Full, 2 Twins, 2 baths, fireplace, whirlpool tub, washer, dryer. $229 per night.
2 Bedroom Maple. King, Queen, 2 baths, fireplace. $189 per night. Would require 2 guys crashing in King if you're OK with that.

We had better book quickly... my inquiry was for Sunday, July 15 check in, Friday, July 20 Check out.
Rest of the cabins would have required us moving to a different one half way through stay etc.
Magnolia might be a good idea, as it gives more room in case somebody else decides to come along.

What do you guys think?

Would you stay in the cabin gary and use your 1300 like a rascal around the village or are you set on a staying at the lodge? Would be more fun if everyone was together.

Do they have the friday night if we want it, what does everyoen think?

Just checked cabin availability.
We can get:
3 Bedroom Magnolia. King, Full, 2 Twins, 2 baths, fireplace, whirlpool tub, washer, dryer. $229 per night.
2 Bedroom Maple. King, Queen, 2 baths, fireplace. $189 per night. Would require 2 guys crashing in King if you're OK with that.

We had better book quickly... my inquiry was for Sunday, July 15 check in, Friday, July 20 Check out.
Rest of the cabins would have required us moving to a different one half way through stay etc.
Magnolia might be a good idea, as it gives more room in case somebody else decides to come along.

What do you guys think?

I think the Dragon Slayer membership is good for at least 10% Tim (I forget).
They'll honour it in the summer, 'cause I don't think there's too many 'slayers' in the winter ;)

I'm still waiting for one person (in Hamilton) from this site to confirm whether or not he's going with me or not. Should know by the end of the week for sure.

As for the ride down: it's about 13 - 14 hours. Cinci is about 8hrs. Cinci is 5 minutes from the Kentucky border. I like getting an hour or so into Kentucky and grabbing a room. This leaves a nice short ride to Fontana the following morning, getting there in or about 'check in time' and leaves the rest of the day open for riding.
Of all the ways I've done it, this is my favorite.

I prefer straight shot drive. Who wouldn't? It will save time, money. It means more riding time! But to be honest, it will be pretty intesne. I did once with my buddy last year, and it was not an easy trip. Remember we had two drivers and each of us drove like 7 hours. I dont mind non stop trip, but drivers will be pretty exhausted at the end. If drivers has super duper stamina, and strong mentality like starting pitchers, let's do it. But as I mentioned, it will be tough. And Tim will be the only driver (for me), so I cant force him to do non stop trip.

I'm still waiting for one person (in Hamilton) from this site to confirm whether or not he's going with me or not. Should know by the end of the week for sure.

So your trailer/truck spot might not be available after all?
When will your friend be able to confirm? If he comes, then we really need 1 more person (with tow capabilities) to make it feasible.. otherwise 1 person is stuck on their own, which sucks for fuel costs etc etc etc...

Jin - you can drive a bit too.... not too worried about that....

would agree with this, if we don't fart around too much 14 hours we can be there, saves f*n around trying to get a different hotel/place for the night, food, etc. Although we would need to do a 1/2 hour grocery stop before we get up there, theres a walmart right on the way, so not a big deal

I prefer straight shot drive. Who wouldn't? It will save time, money. It means more riding time! But to be honest, it will be pretty intesne. I did once with my buddy last year, and it was not an easy trip. Remember we had two drivers and each of us drove like 7 hours. I dont mind non stop trip, but drivers will be pretty exhausted at the end. If drivers has super duper stamina, and strong mentality like starting pitchers, let's do it. But as I mentioned, it will be tough. And Tim will be the only driver (for me), so I cant force him to do non stop trip.

that may throw a wrench in things, we'd need to know for sure. What kind of bike does your buddy have? We could do 2 bikes on a trailer and 1 in the back, but that might be starting to get tight for space. I'm assuming there is room for 3 in the truck comfortably? maybe not?

When will your friend be able to confirm? If he comes, then we really need 1 more person (with tow capabilities) to make it feasible.. otherwise 1 person is stuck on their own, which sucks for fuel costs etc etc etc...

that may throw a wrench in things, we'd need to know for sure. What kind of bike does your buddy have? We could do 2 bikes on a trailer and 1 in the back, but that might be starting to get tight for space. I'm assuming there is room for 3 in the truck comfortably? maybe not?

He has a VFR.
I'll know either later today, or by Friday if he's confirmed or not.
If someone can muster up a 3-4 bike trailer, I can haul it.
When we went last time, (just 2 of us) the back seat was full, but I think we could arrange to squeeze someone back there.

sounds like everyone has big bikes, vfr, 1300, CBR 1kRR, buel 1125, I don't know what spyradar rides.

He has a VFR.
I'll know either later today, or by Friday if he's confirmed or not.
If someone can muster up a 3-4 bike trailer, I can haul it.
When we went last time, (just 2 of us) the back seat was full, but I think we could arrange to squeeze someone back there.

Hey guys im down here now left toronto at noon last Sat and was here at 2am did 120km all the way only saw 1 cop. Rode all day sunday by 6pm place was empty. Monday handfull and today could count about 20. its better sun thru the week.
Also depends on the mont.h as well as lots of people get vacation time and do the same thinking. thats why i came now as its been high 70s to mid 80's everyday. I took video's and you dont see another bike in them from Mon or tues.

i have pictures of deals gap with my bike and 3 others in it from Monday. Have fun when down here just for your info fontana dam info centre closed for reno also the deals gap place across from main one the one with dragon tail with bike in it is under construction now but owner said should be up and running by end of May.

Just some info for you

Just PM'd ScubaSteve to see if we can borrow his larger trailer...
Other option if we can't find somebody in our local group to go, we can always open it up to the rest of GTAM, saying we're looking for 1 person with a hitch to tow with.

Waiting on your buddy, Gary...
Maybe give him a poke with a stick?

Confirmed. I am skinny and take less space.

I think the Dragon Slayer membership is good for at least 10% Tim (I forget).
They'll honour it in the summer, 'cause I don't think there's too many 'slayers' in the winter ;)

As for the ride down: it's about 13 - 14 hours. Cinci is about 8hrs. Cinci is 5 minutes from the Kentucky border. I like getting an hour or so into Kentucky and grabbing a room. This leaves a nice short ride to Fontana the following morning, getting there in or about 'check in time' and leaves the rest of the day open for riding.
Of all the ways I've done it, this is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom