laser gun -> speeding | GTAMotorcycle.com

laser gun -> speeding

how would i fight a speeding ticket when police used a laser?

Ask when he did calibration, distance he was away from you and when he was last trained, Other then that your pretty much screwed as it is pointed diretly at your car.

Ask when he did calibration, distance he was away from you and when he was last trained, Other then that your pretty much screwed as it is pointed diretly at your car.

what is the acceptable range for distance, being trained and calibration time frame?

Look up "disclosure request" on here. Ask for tons of stuff, typed copy of cops notes, radar unit model number, when it was tested before his shift, after his shift, date of manufacture, the user manual, the distance, direction, etc.

Let us know when you get disclosure and we might be able to help you more once we find out what's in the officers notes.

-Jamie M.

I was in a group where the first 4 guys got pulled over. They were riding fairly tight so the cop couldn't prove definitively in court which bike he pinged with the lazer. He was a decent guy so after a long lecture, he admitted it and let them go with a warning. They were definitely riding with horseshoes that day.

Any chance you were riding close to someone else when popo got you?

there was one car right beside me ( i was in my car btw)
Nice! Where was the cop? Draw a diagram in MSPAINT so we have a better idea :)

If you got the ticket recently make SURE you grab a pen right now and write down everything you can remember about it. Be super detailed, traffic conditions, car, weather, etc. etc.

-Jamie M.

I was in a group where the first 4 guys got pulled over. They were riding fairly tight so the cop couldn't prove definitively in court which bike he pinged with the lazer. He was a decent guy so after a long lecture, he admitted it and let them go with a warning. They were definitely riding with horseshoes that day.

Any chance you were riding close to someone else when popo got you?

That would most likely be with a radar, not a lidar (laser). If a cop can't say which vehicle the little dot is on in his sight, well, he probably shouldn't be driving.

here is the image
The cop was parked? Like on the shoulder? Was he in his car when he got you? How do you know it was laser?

-Jamie M.

The cop was parked? Like on the shoulder? Was he in his car when he got you? How do you know it was laser?

-Jamie M.

on the ticket it said it was laser

the cop was on the shoulder

it was an undercover

didnt realize until i saw him signalling me telling me to pull over

the cop was on the shoulder

it was an undercover

didnt realize until i saw him signalling me telling me to pull over
My friend got a ticket like this, the under cover was parked on the shoulder and was shooting the laser radar in HIS SIDE VIEW MIRROR! Ticket was thrown out at court because the unit had not been tested to give accurate readings this way.

Sucks you didn't see how he got ya :(

-Jamie M.

My friend got a ticket like this, the under cover was parked on the shoulder and was shooting the laser radar in HIS SIDE VIEW MIRROR! Ticket was thrown out at court because the unit had not been tested to give accurate readings this way.

Sucks you didn't see how he got ya :(

-Jamie M.

maybe i should ask that in court!

maybe i should ask that in court!
Of course the cop said he didn't when my friend went to court, but he had a dash cam and you could clearly see that he was NOT pointing it in the direction of his car, he was sitting in the drivers seat pointing it right in his sideview mirror!

I had never heard of that before!!!

If you ask the cop in court he'll say it was on a super stabilized tri-pod perfectly perpendicular to the direction of the traffic, which is all BS of course ;)

-Jamie M.

i guess i'll wait till i see the disclosure

btw how do i get the disclosure

on the ticket it just give me the option plead guilty or not guilty

i guess i'll wait till i see the disclosure

btw how do i get the disclosure

on the ticket it just give me the option plead guilty or not guilty
You have to go in and plead not guilty first. Put down that you want to contest the officers evidence, you want the officer present for your trial, and you have legal representation.

After you do that we can help you request disclosure (it's just a letter/form you make up, fax it to the courthose that's on the back of your ticket).

-Jamie M.

Back
Top Bottom