laser gun -> speeding | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

laser gun -> speeding

You should be able to find all the resources that you need in the "fighting your ticket" sticky post, at the top of the forum.

Of course the cop said he didn't when my friend went to court, but he had a dash cam and you could clearly see that he was NOT pointing it in the direction of his car, he was sitting in the drivers seat pointing it right in his sideview mirror!

I had never heard of that before!!!

If you ask the cop in court he'll say it was on a super stabilized tri-pod perfectly perpendicular to the direction of the traffic, which is all BS of course ;)

-Jamie M.

Hey, can you tell me more on how your friend got the ticket thrown out? and what do you mean he was pointing in his sideview mirror? Was your friend behind him? or was he approaching the cop and the cop just pointed the radar from his side window?
I got a ticket where the cop was in his car pointing it through his window, and like 50 meters away from me, I saw him slowed down but he still pulled me over. Appreciate your help.

First of all, we are talking laser here, not radar. There is a huge difference. Laser aims a very narrow beam that has to be aimed directly at a reflective surface of the vehicle being measured. Front license plate is ideal, headlight will also work. Radar has a comparatively wide beam that need not be aimed with precision, but it can capture a speed from anything that happens to be within that beam. The consequence of this is that laser has to be aimed with precision and ideally mounted on a secure platform such as a tripod, and radar need only be pointed in your general direction.

Using laser handheld is supposed to be a no-no, and aiming at another vehicle by bouncing the reflection off the mirror is certainly not in the instruction book.

First of all, we are talking laser here, not radar. There is a huge difference. Laser aims a very narrow beam that has to be aimed directly at a reflective surface of the vehicle being measured. Front license plate is ideal, headlight will also work. Radar has a comparatively wide beam that need not be aimed with precision, but it can capture a speed from anything that happens to be within that beam. The consequence of this is that laser has to be aimed with precision and ideally mounted on a secure platform such as a tripod, and radar need only be pointed in your general direction.

Using laser handheld is supposed to be a no-no, and aiming at another vehicle by bouncing the reflection off the mirror is certainly not in the instruction book.

I see. Thanks. i will find out what he used first then. I ll get disclosure.

It's certainly not a 'no-no' to use the Laser hand-held. It's not too hard at all to pick off cars quickly as they are coming toward you.

http://copradar.com/index.html all u need to know about laser and radar if fighting ticket yourself, otherwise hire someone. opp well prepared on laser when come to court, local cops not so much or not all of them, ill say mostly traffic unit know their homework.

The beam is narrow, but not as narrow as you think. LIDAR speed measuring devices have specifications for beam spread in their manuals, and the size of the beam at the distances TPS would use them would be measured in inches. I wish I could link an actual manual as an example, but I can't find anything. Have a cheesy website instead: http://www.quattro123.com/StalkerBeamPattern.htm

Of course the cop said he didn't when my friend went to court, but he had a dash cam and you could clearly see that he was NOT pointing it in the direction of his car, he was sitting in the drivers seat pointing it right in his sideview mirror!

I had never heard of that before!!!

If you ask the cop in court he'll say it was on a super stabilized tri-pod perfectly perpendicular to the direction of the traffic, which is all BS of course ;)

-Jamie M.

So your friend used the dash can in court as proof ??

So your friend used the dash can in court as proof ??
Yep, I dropped it in Adobe Primere to add a live "date/time stamp" (stupid courts said they wouldn't accept it otherwise), and boom, case closed :)

-Jamie M.

Back
Top Bottom