2012 Demo Days | GTAMotorcycle.com

2012 Demo Days

SLaP

Site Supporter
Here is the Official 2012 demo days thread.

Post up information about any motorcycle demo days that you are aware of.

----------------

Zero Motorcycles Demo Days

Date/Time: Apr 13, 2012-Apr 14, 2012 (10:00am - 5:00pm)
Address: 615 Third Line, Oakville, Ontario L6L 4A8 Canada
Event contact: 905.465.9555

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/ca/promotions/event?t=796

----------------

http://www.canadianmotorcyclerider.c...gories=Ontario

KTM Ride Orange Moto Tour 2012 (Demo Rides in Canada)
Tue, Mar 13 2012 07:00 AM | Ontario, Demo Rides, KTM, Alberta, Quebec, BC | Permalink
Dates and locations are now available for KTM's RIDE ORANGE Moto Tour 2012. Sadly there's no east coast love but folks in BC, AB, ON and QC are in luck.

KTM’s RIDE ORANGE Moto Tour is back for 2012, with 10 events across 4 provinces. The first demo ride takes place on April 15 in British Columbia and the tour wraps on May 19 in Quebec.
NEW! Riders now have option of test riding motocross AND off-road bikes!

What you can expect at every Moto Tour stop:

- A total of 12 to 15 new motocross & off-road models
- Supported with Factory Racing KTM 18-wheeler
- Professional mechanic support
- KTM and dealer staff on hand for any assistance needed
- Special guest appearances by Factory KTM racers (select events)

If you’re interested in attending a Moto Tour, please register with your nearest KTM Dealer.

MOTO TOUR SCHEDULE

Date - Location
April 15 - Agassiz (BC)
April 18 - Bear Creek (BC)
April 21 - Castrol Raceway (AB)
April 24 - Wild Rose MX Park (AB)
April 28 - Southern Alberta (TBA)
May 5 - Gopher Dunes (ON)
May 9 - RJ Motorsport Park (ON)
May 11 - Sand Del Lee (ON)
May 16 - X Town (QC)
May 19 - Deschambault (QC)

Get a preview of KTM's Ride Orange Moto Tour with this video from last year's visit to Gopher Dunes.

http://vimeo.com/22892454

Interested in hearing more comments on Zero. I heard from a friend that it was pretty smooth and fun to boot around.

Subscribed!
I want to find out when the Ducati demo days are. I e-mailed Apex Cycle in Waterloo, but they're useless and didn't even reply.

Interested in hearing more comments on Zero. I heard from a friend that it was pretty smooth and fun to boot around.

One of the guys at oakville Yamaha was telling me that his bud uses the zero for hunting. He hauls his rifle with him n rides around in pure silence. He can ride up as close as 50ft without even being heard n picks off a nice buck. A pretty epic use for an electric motorcycle!

He also said u can get a good 120kms on a charge. I could imagine they're pretty torquey too. Straight up power delivery.

Markham HONDA Outdoor Powerhouse - May 5, 2012 Test day

http://www.markhamoutdoorpower.com/
> Go to Events on the bottom

I want to demo bikes but a heads up to everyone: their customer service skills are not constant. Some people who work there are amazing, others need to get fired (I'm speaking strictly attitude wise, nothing related with pricing...even though their prices suck lol)

^ Yes indeed...

BMW Motorrad Days 2012
Mosport International Raceway
August 24-26, 2012
http://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/summerfest/ride.php

Come and explore some of the scenic winding roads that southern Ontario has to offer. Tour and explore the area surrounding the raceway on your own motorcycle or try one of our new models.

On-Road Demo Rides
Want to try the new R1200R or the outstanding K1600GT? Over the course of the three day event, BMW Motorrad Canada will have its entire demo fleet of new model motorcycles available for test rides. Test rides will be offered on the hour each hour, from 9am - 4pm each day on a first-come, first-ride basis. The rides will be approximately 35 minutes in duration and include a 10 minute orientation on the bikes before each ride. Full riding and protective gear is required for all participants.

Off-Road Demo Rides
Experience the thrill of off-road riding. Off-road test rides will be offered at various times over the weekend on a carefully selected trail system located in and around the Mosport area. Carve a dirt trail on the G650GS, the F650GS, the F800GS or the R1200GS in the environment these motorcycles were actually designed for. An on-site schedule will be available with more information. Note that full riding and protective gear is required for all participants.

Parade Laps
Do you want to ride where the racers ride? Only BMW Motorrad Days event goers get the chance to ride a parade lap of the big track at Mosport International Raceway. A guided lap of the track will be done weather and schedule permitting during the lunch break on Sunday August 21st. Come and experience the incredible elevation changes of the legendary Mosport circuit.

BMW Motorrad Canada also has a test ride day exclusively for females.

---------------

You are invited to the BMW Motorrad Exclusively Female Test Ride Event.

In order to introduce you to the full range and capabilities of BMW motorcycles, BMW Motorrad Canada is hosting an Exclusively Female Test Ride Event.

This program is reserved for women only. Only BMW Motorrad Canada personnel will be on site to offer you assistance and information. No sales pressure just an opportunity for you to enjoy the Ultimate Riding Experience in a relaxed and
controlled environment.

BMW Motorrad is committed to meeting the needs of female riders. With our customized and comprehensive line of rider apparel for women, you don't have to "adjust" to male sizing and styling anymore. Our Rider Equipment is designed for you. In many ways, our motorcycles are too. With fully-adjustable ergonomics and new lower seat heights, BMW motorcycles are easily adaptable to female riders of any size and shape.

We look forward to sharing this unique event with you. Check out this web site to review the full BMW motorcycle line up. For further information and to book your test ride, please email us.

Vancouver
Saturday May 5, 2012
604-908-2660
trish1000rr@hotmail.com
Toronto
Saturday May 19, 2012
519-943-1131
liz@trilliumtours.com
Montréal
Saturday June 2, 2012
bmwdemoride@hotmail.ca

----------------

Harley Demo Rides

Follow link for dates...
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Try_a_Bike/try_a_bike.jsp?locale=en_CA

--------------------------

Experience the thrill of riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle first hand with a dealer demo ride. Demos are free and open to the general public. Don't see a demo ride event near you? Contact your local retailer and ask about additional opportunities to test ride a bike. Fat Boy® or Road King®? Sportster® or Dyna Glide? Not sure which Harley-Davidson® motorcycle you should call your own? Not a problem. You can take a Test Ride and see what fits.

--------------------------

I went to the Oakville demo ride. I had fun on the bikes, I tested the 2011 street bike and the 2012 DS model. If it was freaky without a clutch or engine noise. Smooth power, fun, light bikes. The 2012 models have regenerative braking so you get some "engine" braking feel, the previous years model freewheeled when you let off the throttle so dragging the brake was needed more often.

The street models are limited power up to 40kph and then its full power (street model anyway, dirt is full power for the get go). I was told insurance should be comparable to a 250cc bike and range is up to 184km on the newer bikes.

If i had the money to burn and want a around town bike I'd buy one.

Is the S1000RR part of that fleet of test vehicles?

I also want to know when the Ducati rides are.

Just wondering what happens in these demo days if you were to accidentally drop the bike? Or if you were to get into an accident? Would your personal insurance be on the hook, or do u get free insurance from the dealership against these things?

I'm quite sure the Harley demos are insured for any damage to the bikes. I've seen a few people drop them but they didn't have to pay for any repairs. Also been to a Suzuki demo and someone dropped an Intruder badly, spilled battery acid all over the pipes. The rider paid for that. Maybe test fleet demo bikes are insured but dealership bikes are not?

Back
Top Bottom