In vehicle Dash Cams? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

In vehicle Dash Cams?

I'm using two Replay XD1080 cameras; one front, one rear. I bought the cigarette adapters for them, so they get constant power in the car (my car has a 'power socket' in the hatch). I'm sure they'll eventually come in handy.

For the moron going the wrong way on the 1 way street, I would have blocked the 2 left lanes with 4 ways so at least the idiot could have turned around.

I'm using two Replay XD1080 cameras; one front, one rear. I bought the cigarette adapters for them, so they get constant power in the car (my car has a 'power socket' in the hatch). I'm sure they'll eventually come in handy.

Does it loop record and automatically start and stop with the ignition?

Nope, it's not a looping camera nor does it auto start. That's where the purpose-made cameras are superior. They do have built in batteries though so if you're ducking into a store for a few minutes, you can leave them running to catch parking lot dings.

Got the Blackvue off ebay for $260 all in. Doesn't cost much more than the GoPro.

Also, redflags has group buys all the time for the Blackvue for around $210. I just couldn't wait to get mine.

A short 10 minute drive today, and two idiots caught on dash cam:

First we have this moron who rolled through a red without stopping or checking to see if anything was coming:

[video=youtube_share;XsMeQh1AS2U]http://youtu.be/XsMeQh1AS2U[/video]

Next we have this tool who rides his bike through a red whilst talking on the cellphone:

[video=youtube_share;eibPXwklcKs]http://youtu.be/eibPXwklcKs[/video]

I'm looking for something specific. A dash cam that I can use both in the car while driving and also while parked to record hit and runs. My car got sideswiped while it was parked this winter and cost me a ****ing fortune to fix as I had a high deductible. I don't want that happening again so I'd like something that will loop record and keep collision footage if possible. It also needs to not drain my car battery and also not cost a fortune if possible. Is there something like that?

I'm looking for something specific. A dash cam that I can use both in the car while driving and also while parked to record hit and runs. My car got sideswiped while it was parked this winter and cost me a ****ing fortune to fix as I had a high deductible. I don't want that happening again so I'd like something that will loop record and keep collision footage if possible. It also needs to not drain my car battery and also not cost a fortune if possible. Is there something like that?

I run that setup with 2 LukasHD 7900 Ace cameras (one forward facing, one rear facing). Aside from recording while driving, it has movement and g-sensor event recording. I have them hooked up and hard wired to a Power Magic Pro that's connected to my 12V accessory fuse. It's set to turn off once it hits 12v, so that way the car has no issues to start up if I don't drive for awhile or something.

I run that setup with 2 LukasHD 7900 Ace cameras (one forward facing, one rear facing). Aside from recording while driving, it has movement and g-sensor event recording. I have them hooked up and hard wired to a Power Magic Pro that's connected to my 12V accessory fuse. It's set to turn off once it hits 12v, so that way the car has no issues to start up if I don't drive for awhile or something.

Was that spendy? Easy to set up?

Unless you have a 360 degree on top of your car, you're not going to catch most hit and runs in the parking lot.

Also, most if not all dashcams have motion/g sensors while parked.

just picked up the new replay1080p mini.

it can loop record,
record on powerup, stop recording on power down (only with external power source)

sectioning off the vid into smaller segments (5minutes/10 minutes)has to be done manually though.
Hopefully this might be changeable through a software update later on but because of the ruggedness of the camera this shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
I'm damn glad I got this dashcam -- I reported this ***** on roadwatch, as it seems she didn't look at all:

[video=youtube_share;MqNWqa1BT1U]http://youtu.be/MqNWqa1BT1U[/video]

I'm damn glad I got this dashcam -- I reported this ***** on roadwatch, as it seems she didn't look at all:

[video=youtube_share;MqNWqa1BT1U]http://youtu.be/MqNWqa1BT1U[/video]
Did you get a replacement for your eBay unit or are you using a different camera?

hate to tell you this but she already started her left turn before you got into the left lane

Someone needs glasses as he was clearly half way into the left lane before she initiated the turn.

The mazda started out prior to the car in front clearing the turn so tie....if it matters.
Still appears that the mazda was guilty of....." fail to yield right of way". Sec 135

Back
Top Bottom