Dominican republic or Cuba? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dominican republic or Cuba?

I have been told that if you want to get it on, you gotta go to Miami. Carribbean is not the greatest place.

thats what you think hahahaha...damn cougars everywhere, keep your head on a swivel or they'll get ya

Cuba absolutely for me, Varadero for the beach, boozing and clubs. I've been to Hoquin , its ok, from Vara you can do a day trip to havana. Its a gotta do . Food is ok if your expecting to get fed not elegant dining.

Seems like a go for Varadero. Cheap, booze, beach, clubs and bed. Any food is good food once I'm drunk.

I assume Cuba doesn't have much parties or clubs due to the fact of communism or am I wrong?
lol

by the way, if a really hot local girl approaches you, don't be fool you ain't that good-looking

She's a prostitute and probably 16

Last edited:
If you want to get drunk and party...go to Varadero!

I went there last year end of April the resort I stayed at (Barcelo Solymar) is considered a "party resort" and my travel agent sent me there because he said it was so much fun and he got laid and stuff...It was pretty much ALL college/university aged people really no children and only a few older people..It is catered to a "younger crowd" so it is a good place to go if you're looking for the party/clubs/getting drunk all week. Also it does have the nicest and widest strip of beach in Varadero and it's walking distance from downtown and alot of the clubs are nearby. There were MANY groups of college/university girls who went here.

If you want to get drunk and party...go to Varadero!

I went there last year end of April the resort I stayed at (Barcelo Solymar) is considered a "party resort" and my travel agent sent me there because he said it was so much fun and he got laid and stuff...It was pretty much ALL college/university aged people really no children and only a few older people..It is catered to a "younger crowd" so it is a good place to go if you're looking for the party/clubs/getting drunk all week. Also it does have the nicest and widest strip of beach in Varadero and it's walking distance from downtown and alot of the clubs are nearby. There were MANY groups of college/university girls who went here.

Lol...horses for courses but this is the exact reason I don't go to these places. I go away for a break from Canada...not to get more of it. Still I can see the appeal for a certain demographic.

^ haha...like me. Exactly what I was looking for - thanks DollyMix!

But I try to make it a point to actually see the place where I vacation during the daytime. Like JC said, there's no point of going on vacation if you're only gonna stay in a resort - you might as well have done that here.

lol

by the way, if a really hot local girl approaches you, don't be fool you ain't that good-looking

She's a prostitute and probably 16

Well what if an ugly girl approaches me could I consider myself hot then?

I have been to Punta Cana 6 times. Obviously I love it there. The beach is beautiful, the food is fantastic and the people are very friendly. I have not had the problems of people hounding you as some have mentioned. You can rent scooters, buggies and four wheelers there. I have seen the odd sport bike when out in the little cities. I have only stayed at 5 star resorts, so you kind of get what you pay for I think.
I have not gone to Cuba because of the bad reviews on the food. (Food is a huge part of my vacations) My mother has travelled to Cuba twice a year for the last 15 years up to about 4 years ago and she said it has really gone down hill. 4 star resort she was at ran out of food half way through her holiday. They were letting a lot of locals in at the resort she stayed at just to fill the rooms. She said it was never like that before. Beaches do look beautiful there though.
If price is an issue I think Cuba is the cheapest. Puerta Plata is cheaper than Punta Cana.
Sister just came back from VH Gran Ventana in Puerta Plata, she said it was good for the money and you are close to a little shopping area and night club that was a lot of fun.
I'm jealous.....I want to go! (How big is your suitcase? Can I fit?)
Have a good time wherever it is you choose.

^^^^ this. I've been to PC more than once but not Cuba due to food also.

Unfortunately you're over $1000 for sure to go to Punta Cana right now, but Puerto Plata could be good indeed.

saweeeet.....g/f and I are going to Cayo Largo for 10 days for less than $700 all in each...in 3 weeks.

Been to this hotel before, its got absolutely amazing things. Not much to do on the island but scuba dive!

saweeeet.....g/f and I are going to Cayo Largo for 10 days for less than $700 all in each...in 3 weeks.

Been to this hotel before, its got absolutely amazing things. Not much to do on the island but scuba dive!
Where I'm going fir the honeymoon, scuba diving is included - I'll be a fish in the water

been to both. short answer. DR is nicer overall. If you want to party, go to Cancun.

Do I need to pack one of these going to these places??
300px-Rifle_AK-47.jpg

^^

We've learned our lesson....

Ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper are coming with us. The stuff they got there is too bland.

been to both. short answer. DR is nicer overall. If you want to party, go to Cancun.

x 2... not sure why cancun is not in the mix

for just pure partying nothing touches cancun. havana is the only place worth going in cuba. Var is crap. its so small with very few options for partying..

cancun> DR> sitting at home drinking>cuba

if im paying for a resort i expect good food.

Back
Top Bottom