Dominican republic or Cuba? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dominican republic or Cuba?

I've been to both Punta Cana and Varadero . Varadero has the best night life with awesome clubs , so if you don't bring your kids, you'll have a great time. Punta Cana is ok for relaxing. I didn't to like being hounded by the endless number of vendors on the resort and on the beach. They don't seem to take no for an answer.

True^

I should have mentioned I'm 25 years old and getting married in 1.5 years. So this will be like a pre bachelor party

Varadero's has better Clubs than anything on Richmond St. I swear they import there DJ's from the states. If you do go to Cuba, just talk to someone on the entertainment team and they'll let you know what club is happening on what day. I suggest you check out the international , I rate it #1 on the strip. Keep us informed on your choice.

How many friends you goin with?

Cuba/DR/Mexico are cheap vacation spots, you get what you pay for.

If you have enough friends, pool your money and rent a house on a nicer island.

If you want to do the flight and hotel thing flights to Costa Rica have been going down a bit. You might not get the nightlife but the place is miles better than the Dominican or Cuba. More adventurous = flight to Panama City in Panama then a flight to Bocas del Toro...I guarantee you'll have a blast there and it's like nothing you've ever seen. If you're just going for nightlife look at Cancun...although you wouldn't get me there if you paid me, way too Spring Breaky. If you want a bit more peace and quiet go to Tulum (Mayan Riviera) where there's some ruins and a great beach. Overall I prefer Mexico for food and value + culture over the Dominican or Cuba.

^yea but apparently Mexicans don't like Canadian tourist. Joking

I haven't seen a Mexican 4+ star under $1000

Ive been to cuba 3 times in 2012. It depends what you want dude.

If you dont care about the hotel(rooms) and have OK food but like to go there because of the girls( lets be realistic here) then cuba is to go. Dont get girls in Varadero, get them in Matanzas, you'll see a big intersection, theyre there!
-rent a car in varadero and go to havana! You cant get lost, the whole island is 1300km, fulltank will get you 900km, have fun!
-carefull when you go out, those gypsys will rip you off anyway they can.
- Varadero has the best beaches in Carribean!(top 10 in the world) fact!
- cuba is the safest country i ever been to! Nobody will try to attack you or anything, they looove canadians!

If you wanna relax and have an actual vacation then go to punta cana

I went to Varadero a few years back and I must say, Cuba is an amazing place. I wouldn't go back to a resort. Not because it wasn't good, but because Cuba has a lot more to offer than all you can drink resorts. They have awesome hospitality from locals(casa particular), very safe, nice interior geography, unrestricted rock climbing, coral reefs and lots more for a very reasonable price. Havana is quite a city. I like my vacations at 2000 meters+, but if I ever want to go for a relaxing vacation Cuba would be it.

I assume Cuba doesn't have much parties or clubs due to the fact of communism or am I wrong?

tonnes of clubs in Cuba. They play mainly euro techno type music though from my experience. I've been to varadero twice.

that right there means Cuba.... Bring rubbers and make sure you go off the resort.

Do you mean tires? Do they have good tracks? Boys will love that news.

Cant-tell-if-serious-.jpg

Thanks for the thread, OP. Might be headed to cuba in 3 weeks, myself!

that right there means Cuba.... Bring rubbers and make sure you go off the resort.

LOL....you'll see some hot women. But chances are you'll see more families that single females. And most of the women are with BF.

Back
Top Bottom