Hello from Woodstock! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from Woodstock!

MattB

Just thought I'd introduce myself and say hi!

My name's Matt, and I'm currently riding a 2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX9-R... until Tuesday anyways, which is when I pick up my brand new 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (my first BRAND NEW bike since my 1989 Yamaha RZ350).

I've been riding since I was 14 (16 on the street). I've owned more bikes than I can remember (I'm 40 this year, so the memory isn't what it used to be :)

I just bought my 9 this year, but I quickly realized that, while I love the look and the power, I really wanted something more comfortable. I also don't drive like I used to when I was younger, so the insane power of the 9 is a bit of a waste.

After lots of reading, including a lot right here on gtamotorcycle.com (thanks!), I decided the new 650R was the bike for me. Sporty looking, more than enough power for highway driving (and then some), and lots of folks are enjoying it as a light sport-touring bike which sounds great!

Some of the bikes I've owned over the years are four RZ350's (1983, 84, 85, 89), 1986 Honda NS400, 1989 Kawasaki ZX7 Ninja, 1998 CBR1100XX, Blackbird, 1999 Honda VFR 800, and a bunch of others I can't remember at the moment. :)

Anyways, bent391 introduced me to the forum, and it's been a lot of fun reading. Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you for a ride soon!

Matt

Welcome Matt. Check out the KW and area sections for rides. We're heading out today if you're interested?

Welcome! I grew up in Sweaburg so am basically from Woodstock..year younger than you. If you see a bright yellow goldwing around town, that's my old man.

Welcome, nice bike!

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome to GTAM!!

Just thought I'd introduce myself and say hi!

My name's Matt, and I'm currently riding a 2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX9-R... until Tuesday anyways, which is when I pick up my brand new 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (my first BRAND NEW bike since my 1989 Yamaha RZ350).

I've been riding since I was 14 (16 on the street). I've owned more bikes than I can remember (I'm 40 this year, so the memory isn't what it used to be :)

I just bought my 9 this year, but I quickly realized that, while I love the look and the power, I really wanted something more comfortable. I also don't drive like I used to when I was younger, so the insane power of the 9 is a bit of a waste.

After lots of reading, including a lot right here on gtamotorcycle.com (thanks!), I decided the new 650R was the bike for me. Sporty looking, more than enough power for highway driving (and then some), and lots of folks are enjoying it as a light sport-touring bike which sounds great!

Some of the bikes I've owned over the years are four RZ350's (1983, 84, 85, 89), 1986 Honda NS400, 1989 Kawasaki ZX7 Ninja, 1998 CBR1100XX, Blackbird, 1999 Honda VFR 800, and a bunch of others I can't remember at the moment. :)

Anyways, bent391 introduced me to the forum, and it's been a lot of fun reading. Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you for a ride soon!

Matt
the zx9 was it green with a tiki sticker on the side?

Back
Top Bottom