Hydro pole installer?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hydro pole installer??

Private property, typically YOU supply the poles, not Hydro.

OP, average price for a new pole is in the $400-500 range. Average price for a contractor to set it is around $1000-$1500 just to give you an idea.

That sounds cheap, I thought they were around $1000 per pole

I did a solar job for a hydro worker. but he buried all his electrical service.

Yeah, you can do that sometimes as well. The service for my garage is buried. I'm not an electrical guy, but I imagine there are pluses and minuses to both..after the ice storm a few years back I bet a lot of people wished they had buried service.. :)

I just built (still in the process actually) and buried my service. If it's new, that's the way to go. If you have existing overhead and the intermediate pole has rotted however, it may be cheaper just to replace the pole, rather than running the whole new line. Do a cost analysis, and it might be cheaper to bury a new service.

I just built (still in the process actually) and buried my service. If it's new, that's the way to go. If you have existing overhead and the intermediate pole has rotted however, it may be cheaper just to replace the pole, rather than running the whole new line. Do a cost analysis, and it might be cheaper to bury a new service.

Money isn't the issue, the on ground transformer would've right beside their way by code, ugly and in the way. Overhead is thru the Trees and hidden a lot more

Ah,Sonny, I see. Mine was different. They mounted the transformer on the pole at the road, and I supplied the cable down the pole and to the house. I have a lot of very mature trees around the property and didn't want to deal with the risk of a tree falling and taking out my hydro.

Ah,Sonny, I see. Mine was different. They mounted the transformer on the pole at the road, and I supplied the cable down the pole and to the house. I have a lot of very mature trees around the property and didn't want to deal with the risk of a tree falling and taking out my hydro.

I solved that with a generac that powers the whole house, barn ,gate, automatically within 10 seconds of a power outage. Best thing to have

Hmmmmm..... only your second post, a thread dug up from almost 4 years ago..... Me thinks this is a bit of self promotion

Yeah, he joined 5 years ago to pull off this long con.

Back
Top Bottom