Hydro pole installer?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hydro pole installer??

sonnythebull

Banned
Site Supporter
anyone know a hydro pole installer in the GTA i need a new one on my property and hydro one will not do it or refer me to any one.

You *need* one?? The hydro poles belong to the city and get serviced by the hydro company. If there is something seriously wrong with the pole, report it to the hydro company and to the city citing safety concerns.

You *need* one?? The hydro poles belong to the city and get serviced by the hydro company. If there is something seriously wrong with the pole, report it to the hydro company and to the city citing safety concerns.

Do they do it on Private property too?

Maybe he wants one for personal use? New may not mean "replacing old one"...

Do they do it on Private property too?

Don't know about Newmarket, but in Toronto the hydro poles are not on 'private property'. There is a 'special zone' around hydro/phone/cable poles (forgot what it's called) where the companies that service the poles have to have access. We have bell/rogers cables running between our backyard and the neighbours in the back, and the survey clearly says that we cannot build anything within 2 meters of the poles (or the city is not responsible for damages if the pole has to be serviced and techs need access to the cables).

Don't know about Newmarket, but in Toronto the hydro poles are not on 'private property'. There is a 'special zone' around hydro/phone/cable poles (forgot what it's called) where the companies that service the poles have to have access. We have bell/rogers cables running between our backyard and the neighbours in the back, and the survey clearly says that we cannot build anything within 2 meters of the poles (or the city is not responsible for damages if the pole has to be serviced and techs need access to the cables).

You're thinking of city lots. If you have "property"..you may have out-buildings that have hydro and your local hydro company may or may not provide the service of maintaining that. You may have to hire your own contractor to put up the poles and run the electrical. Think of barns and garages.

You're thinking of city lots. If you have "property"..you may have out-buildings that have hydro and your local hydro company may or may not provide the service of maintaining that. You may have to hire your own contractor to put up the poles and run the electrical. Think of barns and garages.

My exact thoughts.
If u have a house in the middle of the country and u need lines run to the back of your 50 acre lot. I think that's your responsibility. Anything after public road is your responsibility, I think. Don't know the specifics

What if you want a pole installed in your bedroom?

My exact thoughts.
If u have a house in the middle of the country and u need lines run to the back of your 50 acre lot. I think that's your responsibility. Anything after public road is your responsibility, I think. Don't know the specifics

Yeah, that's about it. At the cottage, we had to do the pole halfway up the driveway on our own. Hydro brought it to the end of the driveway and left the cable on that pole. We had to do our pole up near the house on our own. They'll sometimes do it for you as a service and you can pay, but not all hydro co's do this. WE also had to run our own line from the house to the road..hydro just connected it at their pole at the road.

My exact thoughts.

Exactly. I own the Pole and transformer.

Private property, typically YOU supply the poles, not Hydro.

OP, average price for a new pole is in the $400-500 range. Average price for a contractor to set it is around $1000-$1500 just to give you an idea.

Private property, typically YOU supply the poles, not Hydro.

OP, average price for a new pole is in the $400-500 range. Average price for a contractor to set it is around $1000-$1500 just to give you an idea.

Thanks

I've seen Fellmore doing work like this..but it was corporate, not private. www.fellmore.com Dunno if they do small jobs.

Back
Top Bottom