Trying something new | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trying something new

Well I got it today, looks nice, little pricey ($70 after conversion and shipping) but worth it IMO...

Looks like Im going to have to shorten my stock chain guide a little to make it fit better, but other then that drill and tap 2 holes and its on

Perfect, thanks. You think that it should be sitting further forward on the swingarm?

Perfect, thanks. You think that it should be sitting further forward on the swingarm?

I'll have a better idea when the rims come in and I put them on, but compared to the pictures of it installed on the bike its designed for. It looks like they have it an inch or more forward then what my bike will allow with the stock chain guide..

Started to do some work, and some small parts came in
IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549-Copy.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528-2.jpg

Also tore the forks down last night, but had to make some custom wrenches on the CNC to do it. The forks required a 49mm wrench and a 36mm hex that I didnt have
IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

Now I going to need to find some KHL15-10 (KAYABA 01) or equivalent fork oil...I am not familiar with this kind of fork oil, does anyone know where I can buy it or an equivalent oil to replace it?

Last edited:
That oil is the same as Showa SS-7 and Pro-Circuit PC01, the just use different dye for each brand.

It's a bit different than standard 5wt fork oil, but any decent fork oil will work(Motul 5wt will be fine)

That oil is the same as Showa SS-7 and Pro-Circuit PC01, the just use different dye for each brand.

It's a bit different than standard 5wt fork oil, but any decent fork oil will work(Motul 5wt will be fine)

Ok thanks, I was surprised that for the size of the forks there is only 198ml in each. Is that typical for all MX forks?

OK i'll bite,why is your brand new bike all torn down? I know you're doing suspension but what about all the rest?

Ok thanks, I was surprised that for the size of the forks there is only 198ml in each. Is that typical for all MX forks?

They are all different levels. I just got my suspension back for my 2010 YZ250F from Factory Connection and the level was changed. It's measured in CC according to the sticker on my forks so I can't tell you what the oil level is.

I had my bike torn right down too when I first got it, but not quite THIS far!

They are all different levels. I just got my suspension back for my 2010 YZ250F from Factory Connection and the level was changed. It's measured in CC according to the sticker on my forks so I can't tell you what the oil level is.

I had my bike torn right down too when I first got it, but not quite THIS far!

I know they are all different, I have done a ton of sportbike forks, and they are generally in the 350-450ml range....What I meant is it typical for MX bikes to have roughly half the amount of oil as a sportbike fork...The 450 service manual calls for 198ml, compared to my ZX6R forks that are 427 +/- 2ml

Being used to sport bikes I was surprised when only a little oil came out

Last edited:
OK i'll bite,why is your brand new bike all torn down? I know you're doing suspension but what about all the rest?

I dont like the raw aluminum parts, Im getting them powder coated black and white...The fork tubes will be re-anodized black also, as I dont like the champagne color

It's April. Get that bad boy together. Supermoto season will be here soon.

PS After looking at those pics Fastar1 posted I might have to trade my KTM in and go Green. LOL j/k

It's April. Get that bad boy together. Supermoto season will be here soon.

PS After looking at those pics Fastar1 posted I might have to trade my KTM in and go Green. LOL j/k

Once I have all the parts I need, it will go together fast trust me...Besides my CRF50 this is the easiest bike I have worked on, took 3 hours to tear it down completely and press out all the bearings. And thats my first time working on it

BTW, I'm super jealous that you have a CNC machine available like that!

In 2 weeks we will have a 3rd CNC machine, they are not designed to cut metal but they can easily. Its just hard to hold the parts as they dont have vises, and its messy as I have to lube the cutting manually and the oil makes a mess of my tables...And I have to clean the chips away....

Back
Top Bottom