Trying something new | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trying something new

JohnnyP636

Site Supporter
Wanted to buy another bike, and didnt want to buy another sportbike. So I decided to try something new and bought the 2012 KX450f...Going to try some dirt before I convert it to supermoto
Ordered it on Saturday and picked it up today, thanks to Kahuna powersports
IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0486-1.jpg

Wanted to buy another bike, and didnt want to buy another sportbike. So I decided to try something new and bought the 2012 KX450f...Going to try some dirt before I convert it to supermoto
Ordered it on Saturday and picked it up today, thanks to Kahuna powersports
IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0486-1.jpg

do you save money if you buy it in a crate? unassembled?

do you save money if you buy it in a crate? unassembled?

Yes you might work the cost into your total deal, but they do need to charge you something for their mechanics to assemble it. I just didnt want any mechanics to test ride it before me, and it also saves another day or 2 of waiting for that to get done....The salesman already told me when the mechanics saw the 450F on the box when it came in, they were asking "Can I do the PDI on this one"....

Good stuff. Glad to hear you plan to set it up for supermoto too. Check out the supermoto ontario club website for track days http://www.supermotoontario.com
also there are a set of kx wheels (with 320mm rotor and caliper relocation bracket) on the for sale page http://www.supermotoontario.com/p/for-sale.html not sure if they'll fit the 2012 but worth looking into...

Thanks I will be looking for places to ride when I get it set up for supermoto

I dont think 07 wheels fit the newer ones, plus gold isnt really my favorite color....Im actually putting a deposit down on a set of Marchensini's today, they are a special order so will take a few weeks...

Put a chain guide on it when you install the Marchesini's

Is the chain falling off a common problem? Sorry but Im going to have alot of questions I hope you can answer for me soon, as I try to set it up....LOL...Ive got the wheels and brakes down, but other then that not sure what else I really need for supermoto..Specifically suspension wise....

Oh and can anyone give me any advice for lowering it for now before I supermoto it? I can manage, but just barely on my tippy toes...I feel like if I stop suddenly I might drop it...Im only 5,9" so its like getting onto a horse.. I talked to a friend that bought one also, hes about my height and he put a lowering link on it and shaved the seat...

Buy a spare seat and cut it, don't lower the suspension,, I'm shorter than you and that's what I've always done, you want to keep the full suspension travel.

The chain doesn't fall off, but it falls into the wheel when you turn right because you have to run much more chain slack on these bikes because of the suspension travel.

The guide just stops the chain from falling into the rim and damaging the wheel.

If you're building suspension for SM, there are 2 guys you want to do it, Steve Beattie or Ryan Gill.

I'm just a bit taller than you and I manage...never ended up cutting the seat. You will get used to it

Nice ride!!

I'm shorter than you and started on dirt bikes. I suggest not messing around with the suspension geometry. I'm shaving down my seat this weekend, not so I can flat foot on the ground, but just so I stop getting ball slapped every once in a while lol.

Back
Top Bottom