Vstar 650 vs 1100 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vstar 650 vs 1100

Re: Vstar 650 vs 1100[UPDATE: Bought 1100, Pics of bike attached]

Awesome looking ride!!

Hey folks,

Update: Got the 2007 1100 Vstar Custom!

Congratulations! I still dig my 05 custom. Anytime you wanna share pavement, PM.

Congrats, very good looking bike.
I m in mississauga. PM me whenever you wanna go for a ride.

Thanks for the comments! I'll definitely msg you guys for cruising this summer!

I have seen a couple of vstar 650s lately as wanted to get one.. both were awesome but that shaft drive is making me confused. So far I rode only chained ones. May I get some experienced advices to make my purchase easy? Do they give smoother drive than chain? Handling advantage/disadvantage?

I have seen a couple of vstar 650s lately as wanted to get one.. both were awesome but that shaft drive is making me confused. So far I rode only chained ones. May I get some experienced advices to make my purchase easy? Do they give smoother drive than chain? Handling advantage/disadvantage?

Have owned and presently own both. Shaft drive all-the-way when it's an option. Clean & virtually maintenance free. Unless it's an 80's bike and you are a full-on rider, you'd never know the difference.

Cleaning the dirt that builds up from no matter which brand of chain-oil you use is a PITA (some is WAY better than others).

I say ignore the purist's you read about when they talk about shaft-drive-buck. It's simply not there on a cruiser and certainly not on a 650! Now you want to talk about an 80's Magna 1100 ... :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom